So I just finished Outlast. . .

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts

Holy shit.... I want a sequel. The last chapter felt like a Resident Evil Classic.

GuitarSmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 GuitarSmash
Member since 2013 • 274 Posts

Speaking of Classic Resident Evil... I'm keeping an eye out for the Evil Within. It looks great!

Also, Outlast was pretty cool...

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Young_Charter

@GuitarSmash said:

Speaking of Classic Resident Evil... I'm keeping an eye out for the Evil Within. It looks great!

Also, Outlast was pretty cool...

The Evil Within was directed by Shinji Mikami himself. The man behind Resident Evil 4. Possibly the entire series from 1 to 4.

The Resident Evil series was so great. The History was well detailed.. But damn.. Capcom ruined it along with the Megaman series as well. lol

GuitarSmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GuitarSmash
Member since 2013 • 274 Posts

Yep.... The only franchises i have hope for from Capcom on consoles are Dead Rising and Monster Hunter... the others are either ruined or i just lost interest....

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Young_Charter

@GuitarSmash said:

Yep.... The only franchises i have hope for from Capcom on consoles are Dead Rising and Monster Hunter... the others are either ruined or i just lost interest....

DR3 should've been on ps4 but capcom going bankrupt they toom the timed exclusive deal. And MH3 was supposed to be on PS3.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#6 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@Young_Charter said:

Holy shit.... I want a sequel. The last chapter felt like a Resident Evil Classic.

You got done Huh! Well, from what I read from wiki is that a prequel is in the works....it's called the whistleblower!

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Young_Charter

@MarcRecon said:

@Young_Charter said:

You got done Huh! Well, from what I read from wiki is that a prequel is in the works....it's called the whistleblower!

The Whistlblower ?? I guess the sequel will be called kitten whisperer lol

betamaxx83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 betamaxx83
Member since 2013 • 360 Posts

I really enjoyed Outlast, I wish they'd make more survival horror games that were actually worth playing....and atmospheric as Outlast.

I am a die hard Resident Evil fan(survival horror fan in general), and loved every minute of Outlast.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Young_Charter

@betamaxx83 said:

I really enjoyed Outlast, I wish they'd make more survival horror games that were actually worth playing....and atmospheric as Outlast.

I am a die hard Resident Evil fan(survival horror fan in general), and loved every minute of Outlast.

It was hot. I will admit as scary as it got sometimes I just kept going lol. One moment that got me was when you opened the door and the ying yang twins where just standing there (Think about it) it was before you dropped something valuable.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

@Young_Charter said:

@MarcRecon said:

@Young_Charter said:

The DLC is called Whistleblower.. Remember right when you start the game you read a letter from someone telling you how messed up this facility is? So I would guess the DLC is you as the dude that wrote that letter, while hell is breaking loose in the facility?

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Young_Charter

@MethodManFTW said:

@Young_Charter said:

@MarcRecon said:

@Young_Charter said:

The DLC is called Whistleblower.. Remember right when you start the game you read a letter from someone telling you who messed up this facility is? So I would guess the DLC is you as the dude that wrote that letter, while hell is breaking loose in the facility?

I can't even remember reading it. To be honest I got lazy reading majority of the documents. I read Miles Upshur's notes more than anything. That guy has one heck of a sense of humor. Reading his perspectives on the situations he been through was so interesting for me since he is completely silent throughout the whole game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#12  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

I was enjoying Outlast until I discovered that you can go through the entire game without any stealth and you can just sprint everywhere...kind of ruined it for me... =/

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Young_Charter

@Korvus85 said:

I was enjoying Outlast until I discovered that you can go through the entire game without any stealth and you can just sprint everywhere...kind of ruined it for me... =/

lol I didn't even bother. I was hiding constantly :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@Young_Charter: I did it the first time for the basement puzzle; was tired of waiting around so ran towards the center room, did my thing (trying to avoid spoilers), got spotted, ran to the closet, waited it out, then ran back in, continued the puzzle, got spotted, repeat...

Then I realised you can do this with the whole game, you can normally outrun them and if there's 2 or 3 closets they normally search the closest one to the door, and if they do open your closet, run out, wait for the enemy to be close, run past and back in the closet.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Young_Charter

@Korvus85 said:

@Young_Charter: I did it the first time for the basement puzzle; was tired of waiting around so ran towards the center room, did my thing (trying to avoid spoilers), got spotted, ran to the closet, waited it out, then ran back in, continued the puzzle, got spotted, repeat...

Then I realised you can do this with the whole game, you can normally outrun them and if there's 2 or 3 closets they normally search the closest one to the door, and if they do open your closet, run out, wait for the enemy to be close, run past and back in the closet.

You make the game sound terrible lol. Not really, but when you look pass the horror and look at it as AI your like w.e lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e

@Young_Charter: No, the game wasn't terrible by any means, except if you go into the game thinking it's going to scare you like those supposed "real reactions" on YouTube. Plus, if you look at AI alone, all games are crappy =P

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Young_Charter

@Korvus85 said:

@Young_Charter: No, the game wasn't terrible by any means, except if you go into the game thinking it's going to scare you like those supposed "real reactions" on YouTube. Plus, if you look at AI alone, all games are crappy =P

lol your right about bro :D