Skyrim Question(s)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 0

#1 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts

I am trying to gain more followers/mercenaries without getting rid of anyone. Is this possible ? The only comrade I have at the moment is Lydia from the main quest. 

WhiteStormy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 WhiteStormy
Member since 2007 • 243 Posts

Yeah, you can only have one follower at a time.  If you dismiss a follower in favor of another, you can always get them back by simply asking.  Some followers can permanantly die though.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Young_Charter

Yeah, you can only have one follower at a time.  If you dismiss a follower in favor of another, you can always get them back by simply asking.  Some followers can permanantly die though.

WhiteStormy
sheesh that sucks..
Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#4 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

If you go to the College of Winterhold and do the mage's questline, and some of the sidequests, you can get a shade which you can summon.  He's kind of like a follower except you summon him via spell, he fights for a while, then disappears.  If you level up certain types of magic enough (conjuration I think) you can also get other people you summon, up to two at once I believe.  Read through those skill trees for magic, I think you can get them to stick around permanently if you level up the right stuff.

SgtSutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SgtSutton
Member since 2005 • 432 Posts

If you go to the College of Winterhold and do the mage's questline, and some of the sidequests, you can get a shade which you can summon.  He's kind of like a follower except you summon him via spell, he fights for a while, then disappears.  If you level up certain types of magic enough (conjuration I think) you can also get other people you summon, up to two at once I believe.  Read through those skill trees for magic, I think you can get them to stick around permanently if you level up the right stuff.

Jackc8

You can get one through the Dark Brotherhood as well,

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Young_Charter

Jackc8
Yeah I've completed the college of winterhold. I can call out two at a time now. So as a whole I can have three comrades, but I desire more lol
AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

i have that deadra lord summon + lydia , all characters dressed up in mighty deadric armor :D

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Young_Charter

i have that deadra lord summon + lydia , all characters dressed up in mighty deadric armor :D

AmnesiaHaze
Hmmm where can I get the Deadric armor ? Isn't it spread out ? And where is the summon ?
AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AmnesiaHaze

[QUOTE="AmnesiaHaze"]

Young_Charter

Hmmm where can I get the Deadric armor ? Isn't it spread out ? And where is the summon ?

the summon is for mastering the conjuration skill tree you can buy the skillbook once having the needed level, and deadric armor can be smithed once you master the smithing tree , protip ; crafted deadric items + enchantments selling is all you need to never worry about money in skyrim ;)

how to easily grind the skills:

smithing: purchase lots  iron and craft the cheapest items , repeat that and youll get to the top in notime, it doesnt matter what you craft it gives the same amount of xp progress

conjuration: summon a companion and kill him , repeat until you get the needed level

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Young_Charter

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="AmnesiaHaze"]

AmnesiaHaze

the summon is for mastering the conjuration skill tree you can buy the skillbook once having the needed level, and deadric armor can be smithed once you master the smithing tree , protip ; crafted deadric items + enchantments selling is all you need to never worry about money in skyrim ;)

how to easily grind the skills:

smithing: purchase lots  iron and craft the cheapest items , repeat that and youll get to the top in notime, it doesnt matter what you craft it gives the same amount of xp progress

conjuration: summon a companion and kill him , repeat until you get the needed level

I have a high level already (81), but where can I purchase the skillbook ? And my smithing tree is already maxed.
AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AmnesiaHaze
for smithing you need to choose the perk on top that allows you to smith deadric armors, and the skillbook can be purchased in the winterhood college from the conjuration mage , sry forgot his name
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Young_Charter
for smithing you need to choose the perk on top that allows you to smith deadric armors, and the skillbook can be purchased in the winterhood college from the conjuration mage , sry forgot his nameAmnesiaHaze
Ok I got the Daedric Smithing perk, so how do I go about making them ?
AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AmnesiaHaze

[QUOTE="AmnesiaHaze"]for smithing you need to choose the perk on top that allows you to smith deadric armors, and the skillbook can be purchased in the winterhood college from the conjuration mage , sry forgot his nameYoung_Charter

you need deadric hearts and ebony metal , hearts can be purchased in winterhold college from the general store guy or inside alchemy shop in whiterun , ebony metal can be purchased in whiterun weapon shop and most other weapon shops

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Young_Charter

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="AmnesiaHaze"]for smithing you need to choose the perk on top that allows you to smith deadric armors, and the skillbook can be purchased in the winterhood college from the conjuration mage , sry forgot his nameAmnesiaHaze

you need deadric hearts and ebony metal , hearts can be purchased in winterhold college from the general store guy or inside alchemy shop in whiterun , ebony metal can be purchased in whiterun weapon shop and most other weapon shops

Wow. Awesome :P so do I need a list or anything to be able to make these items ? and I just need to smith right ?
AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 AmnesiaHaze

[QUOTE="AmnesiaHaze"]

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"] Ok I got the Daedric Smithing perk, so how do I go about making them ?Young_Charter

Wow. Awesome :P so do I need a list or anything to be able to make these items ? and I just need to smith right ?

you see the  ressource requirements when being at the smithing "station" for each item

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Young_Charter

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="AmnesiaHaze"] you need deadric hearts and ebony metal , hearts can be purchased in winterhold college from the general store guy or inside alchemy shop in whiterun , ebony metal can be purchased in whiterun weapon shop and most other weapon shops

AmnesiaHaze

you see the  ressource requirements when being at the smithing "station" for each item

Does the college of winterhold have a smithing station ?
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Young_Charter
And another thing. . Would it not be possible to enchant your dadric amor ? I have this Morokei mask that give me 100% regeneration on magicka and Im curious. .
AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 AmnesiaHaze
[QUOTE="AmnesiaHaze"]

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"] Wow. Awesome :P so do I need a list or anything to be able to make these items ? and I just need to smith right ? Young_Charter

nope not in winterhold, there is one in whiterun next to the weapon shop near the main gate , also in most cities
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Young_Charter
[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="AmnesiaHaze"] you see the  ressource requirements when being at the smithing "station" for each itemAmnesiaHaze

nope not in winterhold, there is one in whiterun next to the weapon shop near the main gate , also in most cities

And when you say ebony metal, I think you mean ignots ?
Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#21 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

There's ebony ore and ebony ingots.  You can combine 2 ores together at the smelter to make one ingot.

Which is kind of funny because in real life ebony is a type of wood.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Young_Charter

There's ebony ore and ebony ingots.  You can combine 2 ores together at the smelter to make one ingot.

Which is kind of funny because in real life ebony is a type of wood.

Jackc8
how do I get ebony ignots ? I got the ores.
WhiteStormy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 WhiteStormy
Member since 2007 • 243 Posts

Do like Jackc said and take the ore to a smelter.  There's one in Winterhold and Whiterun.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Young_Charter

Do like Jackc said and take the ore to a smelter.  There's one in Winterhold and Whiterun.

WhiteStormy
Smelter eh ? Alright cool. Im going to do this mission to get the hearts and stars on the side http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBzc3gLryC8
idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 idunnodude
Member since 2007 • 2287 Posts

if you already have 100 smithing then you've got the hard/tedious part out of the way. now you just need ebony ingots/ore. they can be found all around, but if i recall correctly there is more in one of the orcish strongholds in a mine. just youtube it i'm sure you'll find it soon enough.

after that you need daedric hearts, which can be hard to come by. there is one at the companions guild in whiterun. you will probably need more though. you can find more by doing daedric quests for the daedric gods. most of them will require you to face daedra in battle, and when you kill them you can loot a heart. and a lot of them give you cool weapons/items when you finish the quests.

once you make the armour, you can enchant them however you like assuming you have the proper materials/enchantments. it's easy to become an overpowered god in this game, but also really fun. i have a pure mage and i just love using lightning storm on enemies like a freakin kamehameha on everything and pwn dragons out of the sky. great stuff.

great sidequests though, it'll be worth it just for the hearts but they are also very amusing and interesting. some of the best sidequests in the game. me personally, i stuck with the dragon armour. i just liked the look better and it fit my roleplay more. nord dragonborn wearing dragonbone armour just felt badass.

AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 AmnesiaHaze
[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="AmnesiaHaze"][QUOTE="Young_Charter"] Does the college of winterhold have a smithing station ?

yeah ignots :D
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Young_Charter

if you already have 100 smithing then you've got the hard/tedious part out of the way. now you just need ebony ingots/ore. they can be found all around, but if i recall correctly there is more in one of the orcish strongholds in a mine. just youtube it i'm sure you'll find it soon enough.

after that you need daedric hearts, which can be hard to come by. there is one at the companions guild in whiterun. you will probably need more though. you can find more by doing daedric quests for the daedric gods. most of them will require you to face daedra in battle, and when you kill them you can loot a heart. and a lot of them give you cool weapons/items when you finish the quests.

once you make the armour, you can enchant them however you like assuming you have the proper materials/enchantments. it's easy to become an overpowered god in this game, but also really fun. i have a pure mage and i just love using lightning storm on enemies like a freakin kamehameha on everything and pwn dragons out of the sky. great stuff.

great sidequests though, it'll be worth it just for the hearts but they are also very amusing and interesting. some of the best sidequests in the game. me personally, i stuck with the dragon armour. i just liked the look better and it fit my roleplay more. nord dragonborn wearing dragonbone armour just felt badass.

idunnodude
I have to do the thieves guild before I get the hearts. Ethnir at the College of Winterhold won't sell them to me since I am a Arch-Mage. In otherwords, I've gotta get my hands dirty :lol:
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Young_Charter
[QUOTE="AmnesiaHaze"][QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="AmnesiaHaze"] nope not in winterhold, there is one in whiterun next to the weapon shop near the main gate , also in most cities

yeah ignots :D

lol its ok :P
SgtSutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SgtSutton
Member since 2005 • 432 Posts

Jackc8

Do you know who provides the quest for the summon spell?

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Young_Charter

[QUOTE="Jackc8"]

SgtSutton

Do you know who provides the quest for the summon spell?

the guy who sells the conjuration spells n trains you
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Young_Charter

idunnodude
I have about 30 Dadric Hearts now. But when I went to the blacksmithing spot in whiterun the list for Daedra smithing did not pop up ?
AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 AmnesiaHaze
[QUOTE="idunnodude"]

Young_Charter
I have about 30 Dadric Hearts now. But when I went to the blacksmithing spot in whiterun the list for Daedra smithing did not pop up ?

well smithing 100 isnt enough you need to have the corresponding perk activated
Ilikemyname420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ilikemyname420
Member since 2007 • 5147 Posts
For the followers thing there are some glitches to get you past the one creature/one person limit (just look up the multiple follower glitches). And of course you can always start the quests where they give you a follower and just simply not finish the quest (You cant order them or give them equipment but otherwise they act as another follower).
idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 idunnodude
[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="idunnodude"]

AmnesiaHaze

yeah make sure you have the perk so check your smithing skill tree. 30 daedra hearts is more than enough.
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Young_Charter

AmnesiaHaze

how do I know if it is activated ?
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Young_Charter
Nvm :P :lol: lol I am going to spend my perks now
AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 AmnesiaHaze
Nvm :P :lol: lol I am going to spend my perks now Young_Charter
i strongly recommend to go for enchanting too perk wise , that + smithing allows you to put two enchatments onto weapons and armor, im creating only deadric warhammers with two enchatments and sell them to fund my whole skyrim journey :)
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Young_Charter
[QUOTE="Young_Charter"]Nvm :P :lol: lol I am going to spend my perks now AmnesiaHaze
i strongly recommend to go for enchanting too perk wise , that + smithing allows you to put two enchatments onto weapons and armor, im creating only deadric warhammers with two enchatments and sell them to fund my whole skyrim journey :)

Yeah I'll work on that for sure man. I need 100% Magicka regeneration on my armor lol
idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 idunnodude

be warned though. when you really get into enchantment you can pretty much make yourself a god in the game and overpowered. not that thats a bad thing lol i enjoy it but some don't. my mage never runs out of mana and my warrior can kill dragons in like 3 hits of my daedric greatsword.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Young_Charter

be warned though. when you really get into enchantment you can pretty much make yourself a god in the game and overpowered. not that thats a bad thing lol i enjoy it but some don't. my mage never runs out of mana and my warrior can kill dragons in like 3 hits of my daedric greatsword.

idunnodude
There's nothing wrong with being Kratos in an open world :lol: you got any good advice on enchanting ?
idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 idunnodude
[QUOTE="idunnodude"]

Young_Charter
There's nothing wrong with being Kratos in an open world :lol: you got any good advice on enchanting ?

if you want to level it up fast just buy a bunch of lesser soul gems filled with lesser souls. and then enchant a bunch of iron daggers. just youtube how to level up enchanting fast, theres tons of guides. its a good way to level up both smithing and enchanting at the same time. leveling up enchanting is tedious, and not particularily fun or anything. but its the only way to become truly powerful in this game.
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Young_Charter

idunnodude

if you want to level it up fast just buy a bunch of lesser soul gems filled with lesser souls. and then enchant a bunch of iron daggers. just youtube how to level up enchanting fast, theres tons of guides. its a good way to level up both smithing and enchanting at the same time. leveling up enchanting is tedious, and not particularily fun or anything. but its the only way to become truly powerful in this game.

I maxed out in Enchanting already. What perks should I upgrade for it tho ?
AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 AmnesiaHaze
[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="idunnodude"][QUOTE="Young_Charter"] There's nothing wrong with being Kratos in an open world :lol: you got any good advice on enchanting ?

check this guide : http://skyrimforums.org/threads/the-ultimate-enchanting-guide.2100/
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Young_Charter
[QUOTE="AmnesiaHaze"][QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="idunnodude"] if you want to level it up fast just buy a bunch of lesser soul gems filled with lesser souls. and then enchant a bunch of iron daggers. just youtube how to level up enchanting fast, theres tons of guides. its a good way to level up both smithing and enchanting at the same time. leveling up enchanting is tedious, and not particularily fun or anything. but its the only way to become truly powerful in this game.

check this guide : http://skyrimforums.org/threads/the-ultimate-enchanting-guide.2100/

thanks man