Skyrim finally gets DLC. Lol.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LordTrexGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 LordTrexGuy
Member since 2008 • 504 Posts

After half an year, we're finally getting Skyrim DLC! And they haven't even told us the release date! And it is gonna be 50% off only on release week. Seriously, we should get Dawnguard and Hearthfire for free. Xbox 360 and PC have already got this kind of discount at some point, and we get the discount only for a week, even after waiting 6 months longer than we should. I'm not parting with my money since that would only mean supporting Bethesda, that lying company which sells broken games and expects the modding community to enhance it lol. By now, I'm sure most of you have moved on ahead and are now playing better games or have traded in Skyrim so Bethesda is gonna get very little money from this side of the gaming community.

Bethesda has done too little, too late. Who is getting the DLC? I, for one, am not.

SulIy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 SulIy
Member since 2013 • 113 Posts
I'll consider Skyrim when they get it to run in a stable manner.
idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 idunnodude
Member since 2007 • 2287 Posts

i might get it if i really get bored but ill definately wait a bit to see if it actually works first. is it only dawnguard and hearthfire? what about the dragonborn DLC? im more interested in that one.

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
i never cared for dawnguard i never played as vampires or werewolf but heartfire sounds like a nice add on and dragonborn always interested me so i will buy those two.
Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#5 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts
Bethesda has done too little, too late. Who is getting the DLC? I, for one, am not.LordTrexGuy
Yep. Not interested.
unrealtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 unrealtron
Member since 2010 • 3148 Posts
Depending on the price. I never get DLCs anyway.
LordTrexGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LordTrexGuy

i might get it if i really get bored but ill definately wait a bit to see if it actually works first. is it only dawnguard and hearthfire? what about the dragonborn DLC? im more interested in that one.

idunnodude

Yes, Dragonborn will also be on sale.

SgtSutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SgtSutton
Member since 2005 • 432 Posts

I say better late than never, but I don't blame anyone for not buying them. Can you provide a link to this story by any chance?

jcopp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 jcopp72
Member since 2007 • 5375 Posts
I am considering getting it with it being 50% off, if it wern't for that I wouldnt even consider it.
Granny_Spanked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Granny_Spanked
Member since 2013 • 1341 Posts

Already forgot about Skyrim, sold it awhile back

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#11 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

I'm glad to hear that we are finally getting the DLC, the 50% off the price is a nice gesture for the lack of attention and polish when the game was released I suppose..

Hopefully the DLC runs well, I had been a later adopted of Skyrim (few months ago) and the original release issues had been patched already but I do feel the pain and anger of first day buyers, the frustration is big enough that will take some hard work from Bethesda to earn the trust again.

I don't condone their un-professionalism in any way but this is a good first step in right direction.

KIERON93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 KIERON93
Member since 2012 • 52 Posts
I might go back and play this game again
Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#13 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

The people who design the games at Bethesda are first rate, among the best in the industry.

The people who actually program the games...good grief. I picture a bunch of beer-swilling computer science majors who graduated with 1.0 GPA's.

Hopefully this debacle will change the way things are done at Bethesda. Probably not though.

volume_three

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 volume_three
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts

As difficult as it may be for fanboys to swallow, the problem isn't Bethesda. It's Sony's by choosing to use custom patented architecture in their system which is a headache to develop for. It's the same reason the console never saw a release of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings. God, I hope Sony don't make the same mistake with the PS4.

caketoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 caketoo
Member since 2005 • 1783 Posts
Sure it wasnt handle that well and their games are quite buggy but Between fallout and skyrim ive gotten more enjoyment out of them than i have headaches. Ive never found any of those games to be unplayable or experience crippling glitches with them. As long as all the DLC packs work properly than Ill buy them its not like theres much out there thats deserving of my money at the moment.
SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#16 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
If I hear that it's at least somewhat stable I might look into it. But this 50% off for a week thing is really going to pressure me. I doubt it will be discounted anytime soon after that. Hell, the Fallout add-ons to my knowledge were never discounted on the PS3, despite them being discounted numerous times on the 360 and PC. So overall I'm on the fence. I'd love to play some more Skyrim, but not if it's an unstable mess like the Fallout games once the add-ons are installed.
LordTrexGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LordTrexGuy

You do all realize that 50% off is another marketing trick from Bethesda? It's only there for one week, and many people will buy it during this time because of the reduction. One week time is not enough to find many bugs and glitches so before you know it, Bethesda has already sold you another broken and unplayable product. They're just trying to make profit during the first week of release before anyone realizes they haven't actually completed work on the DLC and many people will fall for it. Later in, they'll be like "You m0rons were begging us, so we released it. We'll fix it within 10 patches."

And for all we know, they might never release it in February or they might even sell us a broken, empty land space with nothing in it for $10.

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Essian
Member since 2007 • 3444 Posts
Day 1 buy all 3 of them for me. They are also launching patch 1.8, which will hopefully do a little more for the stabilization as well. However, if I get Dragonborn and it doesn't work, I won't be buying the others obviously. If after all this time they release the add-ons and they are unplayable, they will solidify their status as a disgrace of a game company.
biswajit90210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 biswajit90210
Member since 2006 • 511 Posts

This has nothing to do with sony fanboys and we as consumers don't really care if the problem is with bethesda or sony. The fact remains that many other developers and publishers have been able to deliver playable and AAA games on the ps3 without many bugs and game breaking glitches then why can't bethesda do the same? this console has been around for like 5 years now and you still can't properly make a game on it? yes the 360 is the base console used for the game i understand that but like i said other multiplatforms run absolutely fine on the ps3. Bethesda should have just made it very clear that people with ps3 we cannot release skyrim on ps3 because we can't develope our game on this stupid system! problem solved.. instead they released a broken ass game like always. Bottom line is guys like you should stop supporting developers like bethesda, frankly speaking iam not going to blame my console which plays loads of games just fine with minimal problems because of one game. BTW the Witcher 2 didnot release on ps3 because the developers don't have enough funds to develop the game for the ps3 and not because they didn't know how to.

Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts

As difficult as it may be for fanboys to swallow, the problem isn't Bethesda. It's Sony's by choosing to use custom patented architecture in their system which is a headache to develop for.volume_three

Nope. That's not a valid excuse anymore. It's invalid because of the how many developers have released a game on PS3 with minimal or no problems whatsoever? Thank you. That excuse can't fly anymore in the face of overwhelming evidence of games that DO and CAN work on Sony's "custom patented architecture."

I hope to God next gen they also do away with that crap, but that's neither here nor there. This is where we're at and it's downright embarrassing that Bethesda is the only developer that can't manage to get their games to work while others can.

There's simply no excuse for that especially considering Sony ships out dev kits way in advance to high profile developers so they can get acquainted with it. So actually Bethesda has more than likely had over six years to familiarize themselves and they can't. No excuse.

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

It's been a ridiculously long time coming but, now that it's here, hopefully ya'll that do buy the DLC enjoy it.

jordonj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 jordonj
Member since 2010 • 1069 Posts
Dragonborn looks interesting. The other two...just don't interest me...
TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts

Not buying, as Bethesda DLC has a history of glitching up the games even further than they are in their current state.