Skill Points in Resistance question?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

I've been bored lately and have decided to utterly conquer Resistance.  However, I don't know how to get the Karma's a Bit** skill point.  I've already read GS's user guide and Gamefaqs guide, but it says to kill every chimera with their native weapon.  Does that mean kill every chimera with a chimera native weapon or kill each chimera based on the weapon they use against you?  And if the latter is the case, how exactly do I go about killing menials and leapers since, as well as the lurpy chimera since they only melee?  Must I melee them to get the skill point?

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Basinboy

For bump purposes:

anybody?

SirRaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 SirRaven
Member since 2005 • 934 Posts
Yeah you have to use their actual weapon. Vs menials and leapers, you can use any chimeran weapon. Same goes for the guys w/ reapers that stick to walls (obviously before you acquire reapers). Just make sure you are shooting the right guy w/ the right weapon...bullseye/auger
immikeulate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 immikeulate
Member since 2004 • 350 Posts
Basin how did you get the skill point when you have to shoot through all of the hoses on a chimera before you kill it? Its been impossible for me.
Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Basinboy

Basin how did you get the skill point when you have to shoot through all of the hoses on a chimera before you kill it? Its been impossible for me.immikeulate

The easiest level to do that on is when you first get the sniper rifle just prior to meeting Cartwright for the first time.  Do it on the easy difficulty since it doesn't matter, but slow down time using the Sniper, zoom in and shoot off each of the hoses (they usually adjoin at the elbow and will blow off if you shoot them there, typically.  Anywhere else on the tube should work as well, but DON'T SHOOT THE CHIMERA UNTIL HIS TUBES ARE GONE!!  Once they are, simply give him a headshot)  You should have enough ammo to kill at least two.  I think it's a general skill point, but if it's level specific, just remember that the right arm gets tubes in the elbow, which is thrust out aways and simple to hit.  Kill two and you're done.

Anyway, thanks for the info.  I'll go give it a try.  But just to clarify, I can only use chimeran weapons on the others?

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Basinboy
Solid.  It worked.  Thanks again for the help.  Now all I've got to do is beat the rest of the game on superhuman :evil: