Silent Hills Petition to Konami not to Kojima

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bcknsty517

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bcknsty517
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

This petition is to Konami not Kojima. I signed the other one even though neither will probably get any results, but I figure Kojima is not the one needing to be petitioned. So, here is one for Konami.

Moderator Edit - Link Removed

Lord_Magikarp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Lord_Magikarp
Member since 2015 • 374 Posts

konami is just committing corporate suicide at this point, kojima was pretty much their whole games department and now they can him -_-... silent hills looked so good too...

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@lord_magikarp said:

konami is just committing corporate suicide at this point, kojima was pretty much their whole games department and now they can him -_-... silent hills looked so good too...

.. Nothing is stopping them from developing it at another company under a different name.. The PT demo had nothing immensely unique to which you could argue copy write claims..

yixingtpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 yixingtpot
Member since 2005 • 1484 Posts

people are overreacting, Silent Hill wasn't created by Kojima and the P.T. demo was more like a haunted house series of scares which would be easy to replicate. I think had the game gone on with Kojima and del Toro it would have been quite different than the teaser demo anyway. Silent Hill will go on without Kojima and I hope they dump Norman Reedus because I didn't care for them casting him as the protagonist.

d_love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By d_love
Member since 2004 • 318 Posts

Kojima petition presently at 57,252 signs.

57,252 interested peoples signatures..

x $60 a game

= $3,435,120.

Seems common sense to me = Kojima should invest/develop a VERY similar in style/theme/concept/execution product freelance DROPPING ALL legal Konami / Silent Hill / ip / code & copyright connections.

Build from scratch, simply base it in CONCEPT (concept being key word, video games copy/clone/blatantly rip each other off all the time) VERY similar to the successful style of PT demo (1st person perspective dude walking through scary creepy realistic environments), Kojima would have a huge spiritual successor follow up hit, NO LEGAL CONNECTIONS COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT WHATSOEVER.

Seems like a no-brainer with the consistent positive feedback on undeniably incredible PT demo style/theme/concept/execution.

Blajzna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Blajzna
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

I don't care who develops it, I just want for Silent Hill to go back to it's Asian horror roots, and ditch the crappy westernized style the series took after SH4.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

Please do not use the forums to advertise petitions.

-Byshop