Shuhei Yoshida admits E3 mistakes

#1 Edited by bunchanumbers (295 posts) -

http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/203784/Powers+part+of+Sony+E3+conference+was+%22a+mistake%22+says+Yoshida/

Basically he admits that it was a mistake to dedicate half an hour of their E3 press conference to a TV show. Its been the general consensus that the Powers, Movies, TV services stuff was the biggest drag to their press conference, and now Yoshida admits that too.

What do you guys think? Is Yoshida right? Was it a mistake?

#2 Posted by EasyComeEasyGo (510 posts) -

Here's what I think, Sony was not prepared for E3. after reading the article, Yoshida should be worry about this issue, not only that, I didn't like Sony did all those unprovoked jabs on MS which got annoying, E3 is about getting info out to the fanbase, Sony was all talk on there PS T.V which I'm not into that kind of thing, I own PS4 to play games, watch Netflix when I want to take my 30 minute break, play MP, [depending on the game] and just well, play my games. Sony was not ready for E3 and MS did what they promise, to talk about games. Hopefully, Sony will be ready for Tokyo Game Show which they should learn there mistake from E3. All in all, Sony did alright, not good nor worst, just alright.

#3 Posted by Jaysonguy (37523 posts) -

Here's what I think, Sony was not prepared for E3. after reading the article, Yoshida should be worry about this issue, not only that, I didn't like Sony did all those unprovoked jabs on MS which got annoying, E3 is about getting info out to the fanbase, Sony was all talk on there PS T.V which I'm not into that kind of thing, I own PS4 to play games, watch Netflix when I want to take my 30 minute break, play MP, [depending on the game] and just well, play my games. Sony was not ready for E3 and MS did what they promise, to talk about games. Hopefully, Sony will be ready for Tokyo Game Show which they should learn there mistake from E3. All in all, Sony did alright, not good nor worst, just alright.

You're so far away from what the industry is today

Playstation TV is playing games, you're not into playing games?

Powers allowed the E3 presentation to be talked about on all comic websites.

Consoles are used about 50/50 between games and watching other forms of content.

Lastly all those jabs at Microsoft got them more mainstream press than the other two companies

#4 Edited by The_Last_Ride (69796 posts) -

@EasyComeEasyGo: They had one jab, which was the camera...

Powers only got 15 minutes or something. Layden was too slow getting his message out. He should have presented himself, announced Vita TV and the PS Now beta. That's it

#5 Posted by bunchanumbers (295 posts) -

I think the jabs in general are annoying. Almost always its Sony that's doing them. Its a factor but its a part of the whole story. The dancing and high fiving article showed how much of a free ride they had after the MS press conference last year. I think this years E3 showed that their free ride on that train is over, and Sony has to stand on their own 2 feet. And in doing so they did a mediocre job at best. They probably will get their act together in time for TGS. Sadly as it stands now though outside of a remaster of a ps3 game, they didn't show anything interesting from first party that will get them through the rest of this year.

As for PlayStation TV, yes it does play games. They also hardly mention that its a Vita without a screen. They are marketing it as a ps4/Now streaming device. Same thing as Vita. I wouldn't consider it to be the next big thing.

#6 Edited by dipdish (858 posts) -

@EasyComeEasyGo said:

Microsoft's show was awful. They were just proud to have some games/content "early" which means nothing to me. Sony had exciting exclusives, and the overall content shown on the stage was impressive. I had a hard time comparing the two conferences actually. Yeah, TV show thingy should have been left out or mentioned for a sec, and they should have talked more about the Vita, but Sony's show was still strong - not flawless.

#7 Edited by Floppy_Jim (25549 posts) -

I knew they would show TV stuff. They dedicate a half hour chunk of EVERY E3 to media or something dull. I get why they do it but it doesn't interest me. The rest of the show could have been better but it seems they're not showing anything past mid-2015. I'd rather they do that than say "Here's some CGI trailers of shit you can't play for years" like they did at the start of last gen.

#8 Edited by silversix_ (13919 posts) -

Enjoy this image

#9 Edited by bunchanumbers (295 posts) -

Man... that's going to be a tough image to live with.

#10 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (5658 posts) -

I think Sony's conference was definitely the weakest of the lot. It got quite boring in the middle.

And I'm probably going to be in the minority here, but I'm a little sick of hearing about Indie games. I know they're very important to the industry etc, but they just don't get me excited like other games.