Should I upgrade?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vVv_GaMeR_vVv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 vVv_GaMeR_vVv
Member since 2006 • 259 Posts
Should I upgrade? I have version 2.8 or 2.81 (can't remember). Some people are saying that updating can brick ur psp or mess it up (something like that), but others say that it lets u use cool features and it actually helps ur psp not mess up. Can someone really tell me what is going on? I need to know whether not to update because I'm really confused.
Thanks in advance.
CyRu5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 CyRu5
Member since 2005 • 1092 Posts
Upgrading won't damage your PSP unless you fail to follow the instructions properly. The instructions and the update process is generally very easy.
Go to Network Update, download the update. Plug in your PSP (battery must be at least 50%). Press X a few times. Really easy.

Yes, newer firmware versions do have more features. The RSS reader in 3.0+ is a great addition IMO.
Avatar image for Runningflame570
Runningflame570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Runningflame570
Member since 2005 • 10388 Posts
Should I upgrade? I have version 2.8 or 2.81 (can't remember). Some people are saying that updating can brick ur psp or mess it up (something like that), but others say that it lets u use cool features and it actually helps ur psp not mess up. Can someone really tell me what is going on? I need to know whether not to update because I'm really confused.
Thanks in advance.
vVv_GaMeR_vVv
Update..you get a number of new features and the only firmware that bricked it was a fake one from some non-Sony website..3.11 is perfectly safe.
vVv_GaMeR_vVv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 vVv_GaMeR_vVv
Member since 2006 • 259 Posts
Upgrading won't damage your PSP unless you fail to follow the instructions properly. The instructions and the update process is generally very easy.
Go to Network Update, download the update. Plug in your PSP (battery must be at least 50%). Press X a few times. Really easy.

Yes, newer firmware versions do have more features. The RSS reader in 3.0+ is a great addition IMO.
CyRu5
I have a router so that means i can just update from my psp without plugging in anything right?
Advance_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Advance_101
Member since 2003 • 18751 Posts
Dont worry. Your PSP wont get bricked, just as long as you dont do anything stupid.

That includes...  Turning off the PSP while the motherboard gets flashed, removing the memory stick...  or removing the AC adaptor.

When its installing, just place it on a desk and wait for it to finish.
TaCoDuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 TaCoDuDe
Member since 2006 • 3239 Posts
Just follow the instructions, and generally use common sense, and no worries. :)
CyberZero104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#7 CyberZero104
Member since 2006 • 880 Posts
You should upgrade your PSP when you see a message that tells you. I always upgrade my PSP when I see a message like that.
CyRu5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 CyRu5
Member since 2005 • 1092 Posts
[QUOTE="CyRu5"]Upgrading won't damage your PSP unless you fail to follow the instructions properly. The instructions and the update process is generally very easy.

vVv_GaMeR_vVv
I have a router so that means i can just update from my psp without plugging in anything right?

Pretty much, yeah. Unless you count the AC adapter. Your psp has to be plugged in for the upgrade process.