This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by vVv_GaMeR_vVv (259 posts) -
Should I update? I have 2.80 or 2.81 (dont remember). Some people say u shouldn't update because of hackers or getting ur psp bricked. Is this true? I rly have no clue on this topic so help me out here please!
#2 Posted by tiffie (858 posts) -
Should I update? I have 2.80 or 2.81 (dont remember). Some people say u shouldn't update because of hackers or getting ur psp bricked. Is this true? I rly have no clue on this topic so help me out here please!vVv_GaMeR_vVv
There is no reason not to update. You get access to great demo's. But MAKE SURE you DO NOT turn off your PSP or take out the battery during update!!! Or else it will brick your PSP!
#3 Posted by 194197844077667059316682358889 (49173 posts) -
Should I update? I have 2.80 or 2.81 (dont remember). Some people say u shouldn't update because of hackers or getting ur psp bricked. Is this true? I rly have no clue on this topic so help me out here please!vVv_GaMeR_vVv
Just make sure you use your PSP's Network Update and you are assured to get the actual correct update, and follow the previous poster's advice about running it and you will be fine.
#4 Posted by DevinB9 (498 posts) -
Updating with Sony's firmware shouldn't pose any problems for your psp.
#5 Posted by dawgsfan1447 (5054 posts) -
Yeah go ahead and update, the only reason people talk about not updating and bricking and whatnot is because of homebrew. Just updating like a normal PSP user and not trying to hack the PSP shouldn't cause any problems.
#6 Posted by Penguinchow (1629 posts) -

Well yeah if u dont use that one thing were not supposed to mention!

#7 Posted by RagedRaldo54 (1454 posts) -
Follow the update directions and you wont have any problems:|
#8 Posted by xgamesagex (162 posts) -
Update so hackers (me) can stay and sony gets paid