Should I trade Ghosts and NFSR for NBA 2K14?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by maxpsp (387 posts) -

I play a lot of NBA Live 14 and I like it a lot despite the graphics. They gameplay is solid to me. But I've been seeing a lot of videos of 2K14 and I'm starting to find myself awed by the graphic intensity. I didn't like 2K14 much on the 360 when it came out which is why I don't have it now.

As for NFSR, I like it but don't play it nearly as much as NBA Live or Battlefield 4, which also brings my to the lack of playing Ghosts.

So, are this solid reasons to trade the 2 for NBA 2K14 and just have both b-ball games to satisfy my sports gaming crave?

This is on PS4 by the way....

#2 Edited by Jaysonguy (37113 posts) -

120 dollars of games for a 60 dollar game

You're asking this why?

#3 Edited by metal_zombie (2284 posts) -

look i have ghost and rivals for the ps4 and also nba 2k14....its not worth it. Nba 2k14 is a better game but you already have nba live might as well stick to that though next time get nba 2k to see if you like it.

#4 Posted by jukev2424 (242 posts) -

don't know why you got live over 2k, but why wouldn't you at least trade live in and ghosts if you don't play it for 2k.

#5 Edited by marcheegsr (2184 posts) -

I don't think you should especially since you have basketball game already.

#6 Posted by Geminon (1029 posts) -

@maxpsp said:

I play a lot of NBA Live 14 and I like it a lot despite the graphics. They gameplay is solid to me. But I've been seeing a lot of videos of 2K14 and I'm starting to find myself awed by the graphic intensity. I didn't like 2K14 much on the 360 when it came out which is why I don't have it now.

As for NFSR, I like it but don't play it nearly as much as NBA Live or Battlefield 4, which also brings my to the lack of playing Ghosts.

So, are this solid reasons to trade the 2 for NBA 2K14 and just have both b-ball games to satisfy my sports gaming crave?

This is on PS4 by the way....

i would sell nba live and ghosts and buy 2k14... NFS is a decent game.

#7 Edited by ankor77 (925 posts) -

If you play ghosts MP at all I wouldnt trade it so fast. Map packs will be coming in steadily. Also Id give NFSR more of a chance. Itd seem smarter to trade in live and wait till you have some more cash to get NBA2k14. Itll be on sale soon probably.

#8 Edited by SpiderLuke (443 posts) -

If you didn't like 2K14 before, why would you magically like it now?

#9 Posted by bezza2011 (1914 posts) -

Can anyone tell me how the h*** do you defend on NBA 2k14 and the rules of basketball are the most confusing I've ever known lol

#10 Posted by jukev2424 (242 posts) -

@bezza2011: I usually control someone that is guarding the person with the ball

#11 Posted by GeminonTraveler (155 posts) -

Can anyone tell me how the h*** do you defend on NBA 2k14 and the rules of basketball are the most confusing I've ever known lol

guarding is really rough.... you honestly have to play back or you will get burned 90% of the time. i only play on pro difficulty and have a hard time winning games. the CPU will NEVER miss a shot if left open... and if you let them drive to the basket, its an easy 2 points for them as well. even with low rated teams, the CPU will hardly ever miss. meanwhile, my guy could be standing under the basket all alone and miss a completely uncontested layup. hell, ive had them miss dunks.... blows my mind sometimes.

#12 Edited by bezza2011 (1914 posts) -

Your talking to a lad from england who understands how to play basketball but the rules are messed up, all i seem to do in the game is foul people and i still don't know why, the rules are so confusing to me soccer and cricket and rugby are the games i know the rules for, basketball is baffling, do i try take the ball do i use the right thumb stick to guard, i will get it in the end

#13 Edited by shaunchgo (4605 posts) -

@SpiderLuke: 2K14 on the PS4 is a completely different experience. I have it on PS4 and my son has it on PS3. It's like night and day.

#14 Posted by SpiderLuke (443 posts) -

@shaunchgo: I guess I could believe that. I'm in a pickle now whether to pick up 2K14 or Fifa, myself.

#15 Posted by dbtbandit67 (325 posts) -

Hell yeah. NBA 2K14 is the best version of the franchise yet. It's not only one of the best basketball games ever made, it's one of the best sports games ever made. It's potentially the best PS4 game right now.

Ghosts sucks. It's a shame you couldn't get into NFSR though, it's fun.

#16 Posted by GeminonTraveler (155 posts) -

@jukev2424 said:

Your talking to a lad from england who understands how to play basketball but the rules are messed up, all i seem to do in the game is foul people and i still don't know why, the rules are so confusing to me soccer and cricket and rugby are the games i know the rules for, basketball is baffling, do i try take the ball do i use the right thumb stick to guard, i will get it in the end

if you try to steal constantly you will get personal fouls or reach in fouls... you have to be really selective about when you jab for the ball. most of the time it is safer to just guard and hope to intercept a pass or block a shot.

#17 Posted by bezza2011 (1914 posts) -

@bezza2011 said:

@jukev2424 said:

if you try to steal constantly you will get personal fouls or reach in fouls... you have to be really selective about when you jab for the ball. most of the time it is safer to just guard and hope to intercept a pass or block a shot.

thanks for the tip i'm still trying to get used to how fast the game is, i may give it ago online can you play one on ones and smaller games, i may be better against other people than the ai

#18 Edited by GeminonTraveler (155 posts) -

@geminontraveler said:

@bezza2011 said:

@jukev2424 said:

thanks for the tip i'm still trying to get used to how fast the game is, i may give it ago online can you play one on ones and smaller games, i may be better against other people than the ai

i actually find it a lot harder to play against other people honestly. it is much easier to defend against the AI... the game may seem fast but stick with it, you will get it. i have just started to really get the hang of the game after a few dozen games. i have found that i have much better results when i play very cautiously and patiently. being aggressive will get you burned 90% of the time.