Should I pass AC:Revelations for AC3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by LordTrexGuy (458 posts) -

Right now I have got about enough saved up for 2 games, so I'm getting Crysis 2 and another game. I had borrowed Assassin's Creed and I have Assassin's Creed 2 but not Brotherhood. So I was thinking of getting the Ottoman's edition of Revelations which also gives me Assassin's Creed 1. Now the problem is that I've not played Brotherhood and with Assassin's Creed 3 just coming up (and a must to get), do you think I should get ACR or pass it? Will I miss anything on the story? I'm sure AC Brotherhood is rubbish and not worth getting for me so I'm stuck whether I should get AC Revelations or not.

If I don't get AC Revelations, I can get Arkham City GOTY or Dragon's Dogma. So what should I do?

NOTE: I'm sorry if I wasn't clear, I'm sleepy and I'm just not in a mood to type at all.

#2 Posted by SNESMaster420 (1335 posts) -

Well with everything you just said, if you have not played Batman Arkham City yet then I would do that first.

As far as AC goes I hated Brotherhood so I did not play Revelations. The Assassins Creed series has always seemed boring to me for some reason. I hope that changes with AC III when I play it. I put it in my gamefly Q to give it a shot as it does look pretty cool.

#3 Posted by funsohng (27614 posts) -
No, you wont understand Desmond story if you pass up Revelation. And Brotherhood definitely is needed to undestand Revelations. In fact, the most important plot point for Desmond story is in Brotherhood. And Brotherhood is considered the most refined entry in the series (gameplay mechanic-wise). Revelation is considered the worst (not necessarily bad).
#4 Posted by 23Jarek23 (2617 posts) -

Both AC and Batman are amazing, so it's hard to say. But if you played AC 1 and 2 then I think it's safe to skip brotherhood and revelations before playing 3, BUT, brotherhood did a good job continuing the story, and the desmond sequences were fantastic because it really continued where 2 finished off. Revelations was also great because even though there wasn't much developement in Ezios or Desmons story, mostly back story for desmond, it did an awesome job with about 7 sequences replaying altairs life, and the ending was great.

#5 Posted by LastRambo341 (8767 posts) -
The entire AC series is worth playing. Don't miss it. Also, make sure you watch Assassin Creed: Lineage and AC: Embers
#6 Posted by Minishdriveby (9737 posts) -
[QUOTE="funsohng"]No, you wont understand Desmond story if you pass up Revelation. And Brotherhood definitely is needed to undestand Revelations. In fact, the most important plot point for Desmond story is in Brotherhood. And Brotherhood is considered the most refined entry in the series (gameplay mechanic-wise). Revelation is considered the worst (not necessarily bad).

What's there to understand? [spoiler] He's in a coma. He wakes up from a coma. He was raised by assassin's. His dad is hanging out with the other two assassin dudes in a van. You wake up in america. [/spoiler] Desmonds story is really very minimal in every game. Just read the wiki before playing it and you'll be caught up. Revelations was kinda bland. It added some cool mechanics like faster climbing, but all the cool stuff will be implemented in ACIII along with a ton of other new stuff. Personally I'd say skip Revelations wait til ACIII and go with Batman.
#7 Posted by Chaos_Bladez (5801 posts) -
You only need to play AC2 and maybe Brotherhood. Watch a synopsis of the the others. BUT make getting Batman a priority. It destroys the other games.
#8 Posted by AsadMahdi59 (6542 posts) -

I think you can skip over both Brotherhood and Revelations. Just check out the stories online and you should be fine. AC2 is muh better then both imo

#9 Posted by Everiez (1946 posts) -

[QUOTE="funsohng"]No, you wont understand Desmond story if you pass up Revelation. And Brotherhood definitely is needed to undestand Revelations. In fact, the most important plot point for Desmond story is in Brotherhood. And Brotherhood is considered the most refined entry in the series (gameplay mechanic-wise). Revelation is considered the worst (not necessarily bad).Minishdriveby
What's there to understand? [spoiler] He's in a coma. He wakes up from a coma. He was raised by assassin's. His dad is hanging out with the other two assassin dudes in a van. You wake up in america. [/spoiler] Desmonds story is really very minimal in every game. Just read the wiki before playing it and you'll be caught up. Revelations was kinda bland. It added some cool mechanics like faster climbing, but all the cool stuff will be implemented in ACIII along with a ton of other new stuff. Personally I'd say skip Revelations wait til ACIII and go with Batman.

Well, if TC cares about Desmond story then he might want to get Brotherhood cause [spoiler] someone important dies at the end [/spoiler]

#10 Posted by blueboxdoctor (2397 posts) -

If you just want the story, watch the cutscenes and read the summary online for AC (that way you won't get burned out on it by time you get AC3).

As for Arkham City and Dragon's Dogma, you really can't go wrong with either. AC has the better story, but I spent a lot more time with DD. That really depends what type of game you want, but I'd say do that and catch up with AC online.

#11 Posted by IC3_C0LD_ZERO (297 posts) -

Just sell or trade AC2 and get the Ezio trilogy that's coming out in a month. That's what I did

#12 Posted by chocolate1325 (32462 posts) -

No need to play it I played some of it but gave up halfway through.

#13 Posted by Venom_Raptor (6958 posts) -

Don't skip Revelations, it's still something that should be played before playing AC3.

#14 Posted by Essian (3427 posts) -
Arkham City over AC: Rev... you don't need to play Rev to play AC3 anyway
#15 Posted by LordTrexGuy (458 posts) -

Thank you guys, really appreciate your opinions. I've decided to get Arkham City and then the Ezio trilogy. One question, are any of these games free on PS Plus?

#16 Posted by woodyfr (204 posts) -
In my opinion you should skip AC : Revelations, Brotherhood is better. You don't need to know Ezio's story to play with Desmond or Connor in AC 3. The same goes for the AC 3 DLCs (that's what Ubisoft said !), you don't need to play them to understand the next game with Connor. None of the Assassin's Creed or Batman games are free on PS Plus yet.
#17 Posted by Minishdriveby (9737 posts) -

[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"][QUOTE="funsohng"]No, you wont understand Desmond story if you pass up Revelation. And Brotherhood definitely is needed to undestand Revelations. In fact, the most important plot point for Desmond story is in Brotherhood. And Brotherhood is considered the most refined entry in the series (gameplay mechanic-wise). Revelation is considered the worst (not necessarily bad).Everiez

Well, if TC cares about Desmond story then he might want to get Brotherhood cause [spoiler] someone important dies at the end [/spoiler]

But once again, although crucial to the plot of Desmond, this takes place [spoiler] within the last two minutes of the game [/spoiler] . It's something you can easily just read or watch on youtube.
#18 Posted by Everiez (1946 posts) -

[QUOTE="Everiez"]

[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"] What's there to understand? [spoiler] He's in a coma. He wakes up from a coma. He was raised by assassin's. His dad is hanging out with the other two assassin dudes in a van. You wake up in america. [/spoiler] Desmonds story is really very minimal in every game. Just read the wiki before playing it and you'll be caught up. Revelations was kinda bland. It added some cool mechanics like faster climbing, but all the cool stuff will be implemented in ACIII along with a ton of other new stuff. Personally I'd say skip Revelations wait til ACIII and go with Batman.Minishdriveby

But once again, although crucial to the plot of Desmond, this takes place [spoiler] within the last two minutes of the game [/spoiler] . It's something you can easily just read or watch on youtube.

Yeah, he could do that but the impact will be different by actually playing the entire game. Anyhow, TC has made decision not to get it so I'm cool with it.

#19 Posted by Sokol4ever (6304 posts) -

If you plan to play Assassins Creed III, I don't recommend skipping any of the AC games. Each one is important to the story and overall progression.

Otherwise, Batman is a great choice and excellent game. Can't speak of Dragon's Dogma, haven't played it as of yet.

#20 Posted by biswajit90210 (511 posts) -

Revelations may not be as good as AC2 but the ending is pretty solid. The past civilization coming to an end is pretty exciting.