Should I get Uncharted 2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

King-Bart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 King-Bart
Member since 2005 • 1634 Posts

So I played I started Uncharted today and finished it, but what a struggle it was. I NEVER want to play on hard difficulty again, and crushing is unfathomable.

To be honest I thought that the shooting mechanics were awful compared to almost any other main stream shooter. The shooting mechanics would have been forgiving if the game focused more on it's other strengths and used guns more or less as a last option. I could even stand them if they didn't send three more waves of enemies than needed into every conflict. I mean, I understand that you will run across people and you need to deal with them, but wave after wave of reinforcements seems ridiculous. Don't even get me started on the generator room near the end. Not only that but when your struggling to just stay alive, not only do they send more enemies your way at the most inopportune times, but they make ammo too scarce. You get in the habit of lining up headshots to conserve ammo, but doesn't always work even if your aimed directly at their heads. Later helmets make it even more difficult. I get so frustrated at this but I digress.

The other thing that bugs me is the camera. It can be helpful where you need to know where go during a climbing sequence, but it is also a pain in the ass at the same time. I can't tell you how many times the camera has screwed me over because you move relative to the camera and not the actor.

After all that complaining, I should say that I like cinematic feel to the game, and the story was great. However, if the mechanics in Uncharted 2 are about the same, and the gameplay is the same repetive thing over and over and over again, I don't want to play it.

AzinAshe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 AzinAshe
Member since 2011 • 44 Posts
They're a lot better in Uncharted 2, and the shootering mechanics are really tweaked up. I say get it. But seriously...did you really find Crushing to be difficult? I didn't have any problems with it...
Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

So I played I started Uncharted today and finished it, but what a struggle it was. I NEVER want to play on hard difficulty again, and crushing is unfathomable.

To be honest I thought that the shooting mechanics were awful compared to almost any other main stream shooter. The shooting mechanics would have been forgiving if the game focused more on it's other strengths and used guns more or less as a last option. I could even stand them if they didn't send three more waves of enemies than needed into every conflict. I mean, I understand that you will run across people and you need to deal with them, but wave after wave of reinforcements seems ridiculous. Don't even get me started on the generator room near the end. Not only that but when your struggling to just stay alive, not only do they send more enemies your way at the most inopportune times, but they make ammo too scarce. You get in the habit of lining up headshots to conserve ammo, but doesn't always work even if your aimed directly at their heads. Later helmets make it even more difficult. I get so frustrated at this but I digress.

The other thing that bugs me is the camera. It can be helpful where you need to know where go during a climbing sequence, but it is also a pain in the ass at the same time. I can't tell you how many times the camera has screwed me over because you move relative to the camera and not the actor.

After all that complaining, I should say that I like cinematic feel to the game, and the story was great. However, if the mechanics in Uncharted 2 are about the same, and the gameplay is the same repetive thing over and over and over again, I don't want to play it.

King-Bart

When you liked the story of UC 1 already and you want to play UC 2 and are looking forward to it's story as well let me bring it down toone simple sentence:

You have seen NOTHING yet :D

BUY!

H_M_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 H_M_1
Member since 2011 • 1150 Posts

[QUOTE="King-Bart"]

Justforvisit

When you liked the story of UC 1 already and you want to play UC 2 and are looking forward to it's story as well let me bring it down toone simple sentence:

You have seen NOTHING yet :D

BUY!

Exactly. You MUST buy this game. Hard and Crushing difficulties are where the true fun lies in the uncharted series.

NightStein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 NightStein
Member since 2009 • 1084 Posts
Many would consider UC2 as the best exclusive on PS3 or at least as one of the best. I say go get it too.
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
The shooting is 10x better in U2 and all the movements are better. U2 doesnt really have those waves after waves of enemies, its more cenematic and realistic compared to U1. U1 is has that vidoe game feeling, while U2 has that blockbuster epic adventure feeling
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
They're a lot better in Uncharted 2, and the shootering mechanics are really tweaked up. I say get it. But seriously...did you really find Crushing to be difficult? I didn't have any problems with it...AzinAshe
Bro, I beat U2 and U3 on crushing no problem, but U1 on crushing is insanely impossible
Qurb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Qurb
Member since 2010 • 68 Posts

Definitely get UC2. It's a big improvement from the first, more cinematic, it feels like your watching a movie, well.. in my perspective. Better shooting mechanics and smoother movements. UC2 is the best PS3 exclusive I've played, and it was my first platinum.

da_chub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 da_chub
Member since 2007 • 3140 Posts
UC 2 is the best game in the series. UC3 is still really good, but UC2 was done right. UC1 is good, i enjoyed it, but had same complaints with controls. UC3 is just more of the same IMO. But it did fix a few issues with UC2 online like not having CO-OP in a game that screams co-op.
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#10 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

Absolutely, one of the best games this generation. Don't miss on it. ;)

supergamer217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 supergamer217
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

You NEED to pick up Uncharted 2. It's beautiful, the controls are tweaked, the story line is incredible. I will mention that there are some frustrating shooting sections, but they're nothing compared to the first game's finale.

Weenski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Weenski
Member since 2011 • 990 Posts
Uncharted 2 is easier than the first one. It's also WAY BETTER. Buy it dude!!!
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
Yes, play Uncharted 2. Never question that. ;)
DarthJohnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DarthJohnova
Member since 2010 • 4599 Posts

You're asking this on the PS3 board, there is only one answer.

On-topic however, yeah I would, it's pretty cheap now and if you don't like it then big deal. I'd be very surprised if you didn't though, it improved on the first one in all sorts of ways.

King-Bart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 King-Bart
Member since 2005 • 1634 Posts

You're asking this on the PS3 board, there is only one answer.DarthJohnova

Yeah, I was hesitant about that.

All I wanted to know was if the mechanics that bugged me are improved. It would seem that they are from all the posts, so I will buy it then. Thanks everyone for posting.

DarthJohnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DarthJohnova
Member since 2010 • 4599 Posts

[QUOTE="DarthJohnova"]

You're asking this on the PS3 board, there is only one answer.King-Bart

Yeah, I was hesitant about that.

All I wanted to know was if the mechanics that bugged me are improved. It would seem that they are from all the posts, so I will buy it then. Thanks everyone for posting.

It's a lot more fluid; the basics are practically the same but it runs more nicely, it's well-paced and the characters are fleshed out a little more. I think you'll like it!
drummer131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#17 drummer131
Member since 2004 • 3210 Posts
Uncharted 2 is a no-questions-asked MUST OWN for any Playstation 3 owner. Hard is usually the highest I'm willing to go unless I'm shooting for a Platinum trophy, personally, so let me tell you that you'll be more than fine in UC2. You'll also enjoy it far more than the first UC because everything is so much better.