Should I get a PS3 in 2015? *SOLVED*

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DiseasedBagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DiseasedBagel
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

I decided! Thanks everyone.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

So many ps4 remasters, might as well get a PC if you want to play some multiplats.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

PSNow is an option

DiseasedBagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DiseasedBagel
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

@GTR12: I would get PSNow, but a lot of the games on there are games that I'm not really interested in.

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6  Edited By AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

If you don't have one........then yes.PS3 have many awesome games that you will love to play and today they are cheap.PS3 it is not a waste of money.....today PS3 is very cheap.

jdfan56k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jdfan56k
Member since 2015 • 118 Posts

Screw it. If you got the money, why not? I spent 200 bucks on mine a couple months ago and I'm enjoying it.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@diseasedbagel: Be a man, be a leader, tell your friends what to get this gen.

To answer your question. Get a PS3, way too many games that released from 2006-2015 that you should play.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

YES PS3 have a lot of games you should play go for it

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#10 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

It sounds like you missed on a good amount of PS3 games, I have seen the console sell as low as 100$ (used) and honestly if you're interested in playing a few PS3 game I would recommend you purchase the console. For the price of today's 2-3 remastered PS3 HD games that we are getting on the PS4 you could actually purchase the PS3 itself for that price. Not to mention, PS3 games are very cheap as well since the console aged.

My personal advice, let you friends play what they enjoy, you should follow your own instinct. :)

@diseasedbagel said:

Let's just fast forward to 2008, all of my friends were telling me that they were getting an Xbox 360. I didn't wanna be the odd one out who got a PS3, because I didn't want to play alone, and PS3's were also DAMN expensive back then, so I decided to get an Xbox 360. Although I love my 360, I really always wanted to get a PS3, but I never did because they were still pretty expensive. I've never played any PS3 exclusives and missed a lot of great deals on the PS3 that the 360 would never have. I will also mention that I got a PS4 the day it came out, and I love it. And it's making me want to get a PS3, because my 360 has been collecting dust for around a year. I will also note that my friends don't play games that much anymore, and I basically play alone all the time now, and I don't mind it at all because I usually play only story mode games on the PS4 now. I know I missed a lot of great stories on PS3. All my friends and I played together were the popular FPS games. Well, now that PS3's got a TREMENDOUS price drop, (there's one at my local GameStop that's new with 500gb for $150!!) I REALLY have been wanting to get one, and I have the money for it too, but I wouldn't want it to go to waste. So I guess the questions are:

1. Should I even bother getting a PS3?

2. What benefits are there to getting one this late?

3. Is it a waste of money?

Thanks for reading if you did, please help me out. :)

Avatar image for deactivated-58270bc086e0d
deactivated-58270bc086e0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 113

#11  Edited By deactivated-58270bc086e0d
Member since 2006 • 2317 Posts

@diseasedbagel: I did this exact thing last year and I wish I'd had more restraint. The console is still kind of expensive for what it is. The DS3 is the single worst controller ever created, those triggers alone are enough to drive me insane.

Also feel that while the exclusives are great, The Last of Us, Beyond Two Souls, Ni No Kuni. None of them have blown me out of the water with such force that I feel it was a good choice buying the console.

The Last of Us was a great game but honestly I don't see why people worship it the way they do.

I really enjoyed Beyond Two Souls.

Played through the Metal Gear games again and have come to the conclusion that Kojima is in fact a conspiracy theory obsessed freak who couldn't write a decent story if he somehow fell into a novel. Does some fantastic stealth gameplay but in terms of story he is hopeless.

Ni No Kuni was great but again quite simple and didn't really surprise me with much of anything.

Gran Turismo 5 and 6 are both hamstrung by the shit triggers on the controller. I mean the controls are set by default to the X button and the best way to control the car is actually by using the right stick for acceleration. I mean COME ON! That is an utter disgrace!

Demon's Souls was great.

I also despised Uncharted. Played Drake's Fortune and the second you start the game to the end of it, you do nothing but gun down mercenaries and pirates. Literally the FIRST time you get control of Nathan he picks up a handgun and starts cutting down pirates. Turned into nothing more than a mindless shooter with some boring platforming parts thrown in seemingly as an after thought.

Overall I don't feel I've gotten enough enjoyment out of the console to justify the money I spent on it and I only spent £120. So really you need to be VERY sure that PS3 has enough games that you want to play and that your desire to play these games isn't based on the fanboy's unrealistic praise.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

Yes! It is a great time to get a ps3. The system makes an excellent blu-ray/media entertainment player and its even better than the ps4 in that aspect. It also has a huge monster library of cheap great games now. I picked up 12 games for $43 which is like $3.66 each from gamestop last week. Also if you have ps+ for your ps4, it makes sense to get a ps3 for instant games and discounts. Lastly, the ps3 graphics still look great. Look at games like uncharted 2/3, the last of us and God of war 3.

Avatar image for bundleofnumbers
bundleofnumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13  Edited By bundleofnumbers
Member since 2015 • 103 Posts

1. If you dont mind playing older games its fine

2. large library and other capabilities (movies, music, ect...)

3. Kinda cause I doubt they will be supporting it for as long as the ps2 had and many of the games are being remastered anyways

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I'm going to go against the grain and say no. It's a fine system, but I'm not convinced many of the games are worth jamming another system under your TV for, given that you have a PS4. I love to go back and play classic games (e.g chrono trigger, planescape torment, etc), but other than Demon's Souls, Ni No Kuni, and a few others... I dunno. Maybe God of War and Uncharted IF they are your style of game.

Buy TLOU remastered and save some dough for exciting new games on the horizon. Actually, the biggest use I'm getting out of my ps3 right now is playing ps1+ps2 classics (which is, admittedly, a strength over the PS4 at the moment)

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

If you can get it for a good deal then yeah why not... I regret sometimes that I got rid of my 360.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

@CTR360 said:

YES PS3 have a lot of games you should play go for it

This...

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#17 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@diseasedbagel: i would get one. I got mine in 2012, never had any regrets

abdullahsaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By abdullahsaurus
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I would not get one, if I was you because psnow and remasters will cover all the big games and exclusives. The only real thing you would miss is those hidden gem games, but frankly it is not worth buying a new system. You would be better off waiting until the games you want are added on psnow.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19  Edited By gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

PS3 has a lot of games on the system. It all depends on depends on how often that you play PS3 games. If you just want to play through games one time and not worry about completing them one hundred percent, then may I suggest PS Now. For $20 a month, you could finish the Uncharted trilogy, Sly Cooper, Infamous, Ratchet, and God of War games.Reply