Should I get a Playstation Display?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Zantozzzz (616 posts) -

Thing is that I live with other roommates and we have a big tv but it is a shared one. I was wondering if it was worth it to buy a ps display for my room. What I play the most is Battlefield and any other FPS like Killzone 3, also flight sims like Birds of Steel every once in a while. Should I get one?

#2 Posted by Stinger78 (5826 posts) -
#3 Posted by darkspineslayer (19479 posts) -
It can be found for around $200 these days, and it's as good of a TV as any for the price. My only complaint is the sound, if you get a sound system it's a non-issue though.
#4 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9376 posts) -
Its only 24" so I would say its not worth it.
#5 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (15887 posts) -

Thing is that I live with other roommates and we have a big tv but it is a shared one. I was wondering if it was worth it to buy a ps display for my room. What I play the most is Battlefield and any other FPS like Killzone 3, also flight sims like Birds of Steel every once in a while. Should I get one?

Zantozzzz

I wanted to buy one as a 1080p monitor for my PC. Unfortunately, the local Best Buy was freshly out at the time.

#6 Posted by MethodManFTW (25509 posts) -
I would say no.
#7 Posted by coasterguy65 (5839 posts) -

If you do get it, make sure you get the additional replacement insurance. They were having all kinds of problems with them. Which is probably why the price dropped so quickly. The new ones are hopefully better, but I wouldn't take a chance.