Should I buy used PS3 off amazon? Or buy a new one?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Conflition (35 posts) -

Of course I would love to have a brand new playstation 3, but there are used ones on amazon for $60 cheaper. I could use that money to buy a couple of games, or a controller. Is the feeling of unboxing a brand new PS3 worth the extra 60 bucks?

#2 Posted by PSNLakers416 (275 posts) -

New one dude. The feeling of it being brand new, and you being the very first person to be able to play it, is worth it. And since it's new, it's more reliable. Plus if it's the slim, take what i said and times it by 10. :D

Hope you enjoy the PS3 you get :D

#3 Posted by dk00111 (3123 posts) -
A PS3 being sold for $60 isn't a good thing. You might as well save yourself the headache and buy a new one.
#4 Posted by RTUUMM (4132 posts) -
Buying used systems are bad deals
#5 Posted by Conflition (35 posts) -

A PS3 being sold for $60 isn't a good thing. You might as well save yourself the headache and buy a new one.dk00111

I said "$60 cheaper" not "it costs $60"

lol

#6 Posted by yeaaboii (451 posts) -

Yea man i would get the new one.. if you print off the invoice then you have a warranty from sony too.. with a used one you will get no warranty

#7 Posted by Conflition (35 posts) -

But you could buy extra games with the money you saved on a used one!

And is the warrenty free? How long does it last?

#8 Posted by dk00111 (3123 posts) -

[QUOTE="dk00111"]A PS3 being sold for $60 isn't a good thing. You might as well save yourself the headache and buy a new one.Conflition

I said "$60 cheaper" not "it costs $60"

lol

Oh, my fault lol. Should have read closer. Well in that case it's not worth it. Like yeaaboii said, you get Sony's warranty with a new purchase, which is worth the $60. And yes it is free, and it lasts a year I believe. You can always get games later, but you can't go back and make your PS3 purchase a new one. Plus, the feeling of unboxing a brand new console is amazing and can't be beat. :D
#9 Posted by UnknownElement4 (2603 posts) -

Get a new one. You will be the first person to open the box, play it, good experience really.

#10 Posted by hxczuner (2672 posts) -

I bought a 40gig off of Amazon for super cheap and I've loved it ever since. BUT, I traded it in for a slim today and the love I had for my 40gig may as well be non-existant. As soon as I pulled the cardboard off of the system, I pretty much had to change my pants. ;)

#11 Posted by lyndonAPI (2793 posts) -
I would go new so that you have the one year warranty if something happens. You buy used and something goes kablooey in there you are SOL.
#12 Posted by Doomtime (4282 posts) -
Buy one of the used like new slims off of the amazon marketplace. They usually show up for about $215 every couple of days.
#13 Posted by bigboss1203 (1885 posts) -

I just dont trust used consoles period, sometimes the reason people sell there consoles is because it was showing signs of breaking, and you never know whether your going to get THAT console or not. So if I were you I would just buy a new console

#14 Posted by bobbleheadrogue (2203 posts) -

Of course I would love to have a brand new playstation 3, but there are used ones on amazon for $60 cheaper. I could use that money to buy a couple of games, or a controller. Is the feeling of unboxing a brand new PS3 worth the extra 60 bucks?

Conflition
the feeling of unboxing something new isn't worth it, but god knows if there's something thats about to go wrong with the used one (maybe thats why the person is selling it in the first place!) Get a new one along with the warranty, just in case :D