Sharpshooter games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DG-FKR13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 DG-FKR13
Member since 2010 • 328 Posts

I've looked all over the internet, and I'm not finding much solid info on what games you can use the Sharpshooter attachment with. I know Killzone 3, but not even Sony's website says MAG.

Can you play it with MAG? Are there other games?

I don't want to go thru a trial and error process here, that could get expensive.

nightshade869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 nightshade869
Member since 2007 • 3457 Posts
Killzone 3 SOCOM 4 Dead Space extraction I'm assuming MAG will work since SOCOM 4 is also made by Zipper, but I would check the MAG forums to make sure.
gamerfan85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 gamerfan85
Member since 2009 • 652 Posts

As far as I know:

Time Crisis

KZ3

SOCOM 4

Dead Space: Extraction

Are the only games that use the Sharpshooter.

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts
Every button is accessible using the sharpshooter (x and o on the navigation controller in the grip, triangle and square on the gun above the trigger guard), so theoretically, you can play any game that uses Move with the sharpshooter.
DG-FKR13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DG-FKR13

That's true, it does have every button accessible. I guess that answers my question.. if it's got the Move blue logo on the cover, it should work with the sharpshooter.

Muvilici

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Muvilici
Member since 2010 • 195 Posts

It also works with The Shoot.

gamerfan85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gamerfan85

[QUOTE="The_Rick_14"]Every button is accessible using the sharpshooter (x and o on the navigation controller in the grip, triangle and square on the gun above the trigger guard), so theoretically, you can play any game that uses Move with the sharpshooter. [/QUOTE

yeah. I love that about the Sharpshooter.

CheekyIchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#9 CheekyIchi
Member since 2010 • 739 Posts

Yes, it can.

ANDHAR_RUNIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ANDHAR_RUNIE
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Looking for advice. Am looking forward to buy PS3 move to play FPS games,(going to own/play PS for the first time, has only PC gaming experience) i understand that we have to buy the attachments individually so please look into my list and tell me if am right/wrong and advice respectively. PS3 Move, +Sharpshooter +Navigation controller (how much will total cost in US$?,going to buy it from US only) Games:- Killzone 3 SOCOM 4 Dead Space extraction
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#11 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
Once you buy the move, you buy the sharpshooter separately. Right now its going for $39.99 US.
ANDHAR_RUNIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ANDHAR_RUNIE
Thanks! That means the navigation controller is also purchased separately right??
The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 The_Rick_14
[QUOTE="ANDHAR_RUNIE"]Looking for advice. Am looking forward to buy PS3 move to play FPS games,(going to own/play PS for the first time, has only PC gaming experience) i understand that we have to buy the attachments individually so please look into my list and tell me if am right/wrong and advice respectively. PS3 Move, +Sharpshooter +Navigation controller (how much will total cost in US$?,going to buy it from US only) Games:- Killzone 3 SOCOM 4 Dead Space extraction

If you don't already have the Move. You'll want to wait until the SOCOM Full Deployment package which will save you a bunch of money compared to buying all the pieces separately.
gamerfan85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gamerfan85

Looking for advice. Am looking forward to buy PS3 move to play FPS games,(going to own/play PS for the first time, has only PC gaming experience) i understand that we have to buy the attachments individually so please look into my list and tell me if am right/wrong and advice respectively. PS3 Move, +Sharpshooter +Navigation controller (how much will total cost in US$?,going to buy it from US only) Games:- Killzone 3 SOCOM 4 Dead Space extraction ANDHAR_RUNIE

If you want to buy SOCOM, get the deployment pack. It costs $150 and you get SOCOM, the eye, the move, the sharpshooter, and the nav controller. Individually they all cost $220 so it's a good deal.

ANDHAR_RUNIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ANDHAR_RUNIE
@ RICK & GAMERFAN, Thanks a lot guys, I shall looking into good deals and hope to buy asap, and will keep you guys updated on my experience and doubts. Thanks a lot for you time and advice. Regards Runie
ANDHAR_RUNIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ANDHAR_RUNIE
@Gamerfan Taking forward what are the good FPS games in ps3? i figured out a few like 1>killzone 3 2>SOCOM4 3>Time Crisis 4 4>The Shoot. But apart from thing are there any FPS? Regards & Thanks Runie
gamerfan85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 gamerfan85

@Gamerfan Taking forward what are the good FPS games in ps3? i figured out a few like 1>killzone 3 2>SOCOM4 3>Time Crisis 4 4>The Shoot. But apart from thing are there any FPS? Regards & Thanks Runie ANDHAR_RUNIE

Dead Space: Extraction also. I heard you can use the Sharpshooter with MAG too. I'm pretty sure that most FPS games coming out will have Move Support from now on too because the functionality is so different and more immersive.

ANDHAR_RUNIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ANDHAR_RUNIE
@Gamer, Thank you very much for ur time and advice. Regards Runie
DG-FKR13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DG-FKR13

I'm totally hooked on Killzone 3 with the Sharpshooter now. I dont' know if it would be very good with a game like CoD.. but works perfectly for KZ3! So immersive.

gamerfan85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gamerfan85

@runie - no problem.

I'm totally hooked on Killzone 3 with the Sharpshooter now. I dont' know if it would be very good with a game like CoD.. but works perfectly for KZ3! So immersive.

DG-FKR13

Couldn't agree more with the KZ3. I think it would bring something awesome to any FPS though. I am completely immersed in it still and probably will be for several more months.

ANDHAR_RUNIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ANDHAR_RUNIE
I have been seeing the videos of KZ3 on you tube, OMG!! the game play is wonderful!! so is the details and close hand to hand combat attacks!! I cant wait to play the game!! :( got to wait till April 19th for the SOCOM 4 full deployment editing and my PS3 to come!! Cheers Runie
gamerfan85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 gamerfan85

I have been seeing the videos of KZ3 on you tube, OMG!! the game play is wonderful!! so is the details and close hand to hand combat attacks!! I cant wait to play the game!! :( got to wait till April 19th for the SOCOM 4 full deployment editing and my PS3 to come!! Cheers Runie ANDHAR_RUNIE

Yeah, it's worth the wait though and then you can play MAG, KZ3, and SOCOM with the Sharpshooter. It will be a good day.

ANDHAR_RUNIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ANDHAR_RUNIE
Thanks Gamer!! I have been watching out for deals already... but a little confusion is PS 3 same as PS Move? Can i Buy PS3 first and then use the SOCOM 4 attachments on it? will it work that way? or should i buy PS Move?? Sorry for all the questions but i don't want to invest in something then find out i bought a wrong product! Thanks Runie
The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 The_Rick_14
The PS3 is the console where PS Move is a controller for some games of the console. To use PS Move, you must have a PS3. You can buy a PS3 first and then buy the Socom Full Deployment Pack and you will have everything you need to play Socom with the PS Move and Sharpshooter.
ANDHAR_RUNIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ANDHAR_RUNIE
@ Rick, That was the exact explanation/answer I was looking for! Thanks mate. It cleared all my doubts abt PS3!! Thanks & Regards Runie
gamerfan85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 gamerfan85

Thanks Gamer!! I have been watching out for deals already... but a little confusion is PS 3 same as PS Move? Can i Buy PS3 first and then use the SOCOM 4 attachments on it? will it work that way? or should i buy PS Move?? Sorry for all the questions but i don't want to invest in something then find out i bought a wrong product! Thanks RunieANDHAR_RUNIE

Playstation 3 is the system. Playstation MOVE is the controller. If you don't have the Move, you can't use the Sharpshooter. However, if you buy the PS3, you can buy the MOVE bundle, which comes with the Move (but not the sharpshooter). If you already have the PS3, but not the Move, you can get the SOCOM Deployment pack which has the MOVE, eye camera, navigation controller, SOCOM, and Sharpshooter. Hope that helps.

ANDHAR_RUNIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ANDHAR_RUNIE
Thanks a lot Gamer!! It did help! Now am on the look out for some really good deals to get my PS3 & SOCOM4 FDE by the end of this month..
bal351

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 bal351
yeh my sharpshooter dosent work well for killzone 3 can u tell me what settings u use for you motion controller
demonic_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#29 demonic_85
Member since 2009 • 1395 Posts

I agree that the Socom 4 Full Deployment edition is a great way to get the Move if you want the sharpshooter and everything else that's needed... even if you dont want Socom 4 lol.

$60 Socom 4

$40 PS Eye

$40 Sharpshooter

$50 Move controller

$30 Navigation controller

$220 total but it's only $150 so you basically get the game for free and save an extra $10.

capper1970

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30 capper1970
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Resistance 3, 007 Golden Eye and Resident Evil Cronicles Collection (coming soon) will also work with the sharpshoote.

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

get House of the Dead 4