Shadow of Mordor PS4 similarities to AC?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

Hi all I hope some of you have played this game I'm thinking of getting it. What I want to know is how similar is it to Assassin's Creed? I am totally bored of AC at this point and don't want to play a game where stealth is an important game mechanic for a while.

Any info on the kind of game it is (the reviews aren't clear they just hint at this and that) would be appreciated. Thanks.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#2 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@blueinheaven said:

Hi all I hope some of you have played this game I'm thinking of getting it. What I want to know is how similar is it to Assassin's Creed? I am totally bored of AC at this point and don't want to play a game where stealth is an important game mechanic for a while.

Any info on the kind of game it is (the reviews aren't clear they just hint at this and that) would be appreciated. Thanks.

Shadow of Mordor is Batman and Assassin's Creed mixed into the Middle Earth lore

Avatar image for jasonredemption
jasonredemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 17

#3 jasonredemption
Member since 2010 • 691 Posts

While Shadows of Mordor features stealth as a mechanic it leaves the choice up to you as to how to approach each mission. The only time stealth is more forced is during some of the side missions where you increase the legend of the dagger you have. (You also have missions where you increase the legend of your sword and bow).

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

Thanks for the replies folks, appreciate it.

david61983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 david61983
Member since 2013 • 288 Posts

Is the PS3 version worth getting if I don't yet own a PS4?

TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

I'm honestly bored of stealth in AC - but mostly because of the alerts that sentinels can trigger, in SoM whan going into a fortress if you attract too many guars, one of them will trigger the alert but you can kill him before he does it. I used stealth quite a lot but it didn't feel forced, just helps to sneak around to find a fire you can make explode or bees that will create chaos. If you're really good at the game mechanics, a group of 10+ can be done, 20+ however you'll need some high level skills (inclusing possessing the orcs which about half the game)

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

All of the responses are pretty much what I would have said, I got the game Saturday and have been playing it non-stop!!!

Avatar image for jasonredemption
jasonredemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 17

#8 jasonredemption
Member since 2010 • 691 Posts

Shadows of Mordor is an extremely fun and is probably my GOTY even with amazing titles like Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8, Far Cry 4 ETC in competition.

ycdeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9  Edited By ycdeo
Member since 2004 • 2841 Posts

@jasonredemption:

I will buy this game as I am a rpg fan!

SgtSutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SgtSutton
Member since 2005 • 432 Posts

If you like AC and Batman games, as someone else said you will like this game. It might be the best LOTR game I've ever played. If you like LOTR get it.

KingJuggaNott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By KingJuggaNott
Member since 2013 • 200 Posts

Like stated above, it IS like a blend of AC and Batman--really nice game. I'm enjoying it.

Avatar image for Prince_Denspion
Prince_Denspion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Prince_Denspion
Member since 2004 • 2748 Posts

I can validate for the AC and batman gameplay, I noticed it right away when playing, it is a nice twist having a Lord of the Ring story though. I'm not far into the game as it's not really wowing me but I will continue to pluck away the hours on it.