Seriously, what's with Minecraft?????

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Phantasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By Phantasm
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

I've been hearing about this Minecraft thing for so long and just had to see what the big deal was. I only played for an hour or two before realizing this just isn't my thing. There is just too much to do, figure out, sustain, ect...for a casual gamer like me. If you play this for countless hours where is the fun part? The dungeons don't feel fun and building and crafting seems like it would get old fast. Sorry everybody, but I guess I'm the only gamer out there who just doesn't understand the fun in this game.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

Kids (and tons of adults too) absolutely love it.. It is all about creation.

For me personally, I want a game to tell me a story, I don't want to have to make my own story.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2  Edited By Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

If you really like Lego and building/creating/making things then Minecraft will fulfill that need to be really creative without the actual mess of actual Lego blocks. Minecraft creations would use up a lot of the real life Lego blocks.

So if your really into building stuff. I have also bought Minecraft for Playstation 4 and trying to get into this game. I am really late to Minecraft since it has been 5 years since it launched on PC.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

There is no fun part. You just build stuff. I don't know how the PS4 is like but on the PC servers there are RPG servers where you level up, get loot, pvp, etc.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

There is no fun part. You just build stuff. I don't know how the PS4 is like but on the PC servers there are RPG servers where you level up, get loot, pvp, etc.

Its the same literally, there's just less of everything.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

I'm having a similar problem right now in Disney Infinity, I enter the toy box mode and BAM...... I'm overwelmed by the ability to build and create whatever I want using hundreds upon hundreds of different tools.... Its just too much. :(

rafc84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 rafc84
Member since 2014 • 61 Posts

Havent try it yet, i have hear tons about it, i even watched a review or two

but, i dont see the fun in it, to be honest (my personal opinion)... but i also like different type of games, all i have now, is FIFA, NBA 2k15, Driveclub and diablo 3....so.... not much into building just because i can.

maybe i will try it someday

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lulu_Lulu

@rafc84

I think some people just need a release for their creativity, its kinda like Masterbation, if you don't unload enough, it just builds up inside you making you very frustrated..... Although I'd becarefull with that analogy since creative games are usually frequented by kids.

So yeah thats basicly it, some people masterbate and other people build giant boob monuments out of pixels

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#8  Edited By Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@rafc84

I think some people just need a release for their creativity, its kinda like Masterbation, if you don't unload enough, it just builds up inside you making you very frustrated..... Although I'd becarefull with that analogy since creative games are usually frequented by kids.

So yeah thats basicly it, some people masterbate and other people build giant boob monuments out of pixels

LUL

mgools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 mgools
Member since 2005 • 1301 Posts

I have never understood the fascination with that game. I have tried it, and at this point refuse to play a game with 8 bit graphics in the year 2014. On a tablet or phone I understand, but on a PS4 or Xbox One. No...

Will that game ever die?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lulu_Lulu

@mgools

it is Counter Productive to play a game with Shitty graphics on $500 Piece of of Exquisite machinery.

Its like drinking Urine out of a Golden Chalice.

I noticed a trend recently, all these UGC type games will never look mature or releastic, no seriously, everything from Minecraft to Project Spark wont push the graphics Barrier like other games will.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#11 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

I hate games with no purpose or story.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Lulu_Lulu

@k--m--k

All games have a Purpose and Story is not game's forte anyway ?