Selling my DS for a PSP!! What do you think??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Wielgoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Wielgoz
Member since 2007 • 300 Posts
i've become very bored with my ds becuase of the lack of shooters sports and fighting games that are actully good for the ds. I really love playing it but I cant justify keeping it for a couple games. are there any good games in those genres coming out for the DS or should i get a PSP.
CyRu5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 CyRu5
Member since 2005 • 1092 Posts
Go for a PSP and get a few PSP games that you'd like.

But I say keep the DS. There might be a game or two coming out for it that will spark your interest. I have both handhelds, and my PSP gets plenty of use while my DS collects dust (except for when i let my little brother play it).
Big_Evil666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Big_Evil666
Member since 2004 • 13817 Posts

Keep the DS and buy a PSP. As an owner of both, I can tell you they both have their redeeming qualities

Furbyballistik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Furbyballistik
Member since 2005 • 2056 Posts
well to me, you sound like u belong in the more mature audience of videogames...and the psp has just those games for you..if the only way u can get a psp is by selling your ds, then go for it..other than that, i get u can keep it...i didnt really find a reason to keep mines....only one game sparked my interest, and it was Metroid, the most mature game to me on ds...people say the psp doesnt have much games, but to me, games are getting thrown at me from left to right!
bobstrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 bobstrife
Member since 2005 • 2657 Posts
i've become very bored with my ds becuase of the lack of shooters sports and fighting games that are actully good for the ds. I really love playing it but I cant justify keeping it for a couple games. are there any good games in those genres coming out for the DS or should i get a PSP.Wielgoz
I have both and never play my DS. Im getting really serious on selling it because of the upcomming list. The only game i want for DS is zelda. But i dont care really about that series as much anymore....(same old stuff). So I would say sell it if you dont like your DS. And since you like shooters you'll probably like the psp titles better.
johnny27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 johnny27
Member since 2006 • 4400 Posts
the ds is a more for casual gamers,poor people,kids, as most of its games take a diffrent apprach to gaming then that of the psp.

The psp has isolated itself as a more mature handheld and is great for people who like fighting,racing, and shooting games what would be even better with be if they could come out with an abundance of great rpg's with semi good graphics wouldn't mind handrawn but 3-d would be nice. we need more rpg's like tales of enternai(best rpg for psp that was never realeased in U.S) it may not have the best graphics but its great.

so apparently u prefer a more mature hardcore gaming experience and i dont blame u so welcome to the community :D
Gamer46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 315

#7 Gamer46
Member since 2003 • 11304 Posts
Well, if it doesn't have the games you want, yeah go ahead and trade it.  I have both systems though and find both to be good for different things.  I enjoy Nintendo's games like Mario Kart and New Super Mario, so obviously I need a DS to play that.  My PSP is primarily for stuff like MLB The Show or GTA.  Both have their good and bad qualities.
roch121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 roch121
Member since 2005 • 167 Posts
i say go for it.
moonsoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 moonsoo
Member since 2005 • 375 Posts
no no no ... bad move. i actually bought ds lite on launch date and had it till january of this year. i traded my dslite for psp and it was the best thing ive ever done. ds is good if like alot of ur friends have it too so u can all play games together. but psp is a better system overall. i watch movies listen to music surf the web play games.... its just a better system overall
SimpsonFan0505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10 SimpsonFan0505
Member since 2006 • 1533 Posts
Go for it!
1sfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 1sfn
Member since 2006 • 961 Posts
get the psp, you definetly wont regret it
moonsoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 moonsoo
Member since 2005 • 375 Posts
no no no ... bad move. i actually bought ds lite on launch date and had it till january of this year. i traded my dslite for psp and it was the best thing ive ever done. ds is good if like alot of ur friends have it too so u can all play games together. but psp is a better system overall. i watch movies listen to music surf the web play games.... its just a better system overallmoonsoo
ohh oops... i thought u meant sell ur PSP for DS.... neway. def sell ur DS for PSP... U WILL NOT REGRET IT!
TOSgamer10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TOSgamer10
Member since 2006 • 385 Posts
agree with the others here.
JLei2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JLei2k
Member since 2007 • 817 Posts
lol this is a PSP forum of course everyone will tell you to do it. And I will too the PSP although not without it's faults is one powerful little machine. It's got some great titles too though still lacking that killer app which is one of the reasons why the DS is ahead.
ShivaRpg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 ShivaRpg
Member since 2005 • 86 Posts

Pathetic how people say the psp has mature games...yeah right :lol: A game is mature if it's hard, not if it has blood and stuff. Anyway, I own both handhelds and both have their good sides. The psp has some great ps2 games you want to play on the go, like Tekken and sport games. There are also some original games special for the psp from a ps2 franchise like Daxter. If you have enough money the psp is a great system for multimedia stuff.

The DS on the other hand, has some great original games, there are always lots of people who you can play multiplayer with and you can play one of the best gba games on your ds, Golden Sun and Fire Emblem for instance.

If you have the money, then keep the ds and buy the psp. If you don't, it seems the games you prefer are more on the psp.

Good Luck!