RUMOR: Rocksteady's next project = TMNT

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by volume_three (2142 posts) -
#2 Posted by MethodManFTW (25662 posts) -
A fan site using the paul gale network as a source. Ha. :P
#3 Posted by PoisoN_Facecam0 (3734 posts) -
Doubt it.. even rock steady wouldn't be able to do anything worthwhile with such a useless franchise.. plus it isn't the 90's anymore, a TMNT game would do terrible..
#4 Posted by -Fromage- (10526 posts) -
I'd be up for a Ninja Turtles game.
#5 Posted by Oleg_Huzwog (21885 posts) -

Doubt it.. even rock steady wouldn't be able to do anything worthwhile with such a useless franchise.. plus it isn't the 90's anymore, a TMNT game would do terrible..PoisoN_Facecam0

The nostalgia factor would be strong for anyone old enough to remember dropping quarter after quarter into the arcade.

#6 Posted by PoisoN_Facecam0 (3734 posts) -

[QUOTE="PoisoN_Facecam0"]Doubt it.. even rock steady wouldn't be able to do anything worthwhile with such a useless franchise.. plus it isn't the 90's anymore, a TMNT game would do terrible..Oleg_Huzwog

The nostalgia factor would be strong for anyone old enough to remember dropping quarter after quarter into the arcade.

The lackluster sales of the remade Turtles in Time on XBL and PSN is proof enough that the Turtles aren't a franchise worth the time anymore.. They had a good run on the Nes and in Arcades but there hasn't been a good TMNT game in almost 20 years... Thats not gonna change..
#7 Posted by crimsonman1245 (4253 posts) -

[QUOTE="Oleg_Huzwog"]

[QUOTE="PoisoN_Facecam0"]Doubt it.. even rock steady wouldn't be able to do anything worthwhile with such a useless franchise.. plus it isn't the 90's anymore, a TMNT game would do terrible..PoisoN_Facecam0

The lackluster sales of the remade Turtles in Time on XBL and PSN is proof enough that the Turtles aren't a franchise worth the time anymore.. They had a good run on the Nes and in Arcades but there hasn't been a good TMNT game in almost 20 years... Thats not gonna change..

Rocksteady isnt a middle of the pack developer, they are amazing.

#8 Posted by soapman72 (2714 posts) -

...if its true then well...christ...

#9 Posted by jordonj (1069 posts) -
Doubt it.. even rock steady wouldn't be able to do anything worthwhile with such a useless franchise.. plus it isn't the 90's anymore, a TMNT game would do terrible..PoisoN_Facecam0
With respect, I disagree.. I don't know if you read the original Mike Baron comics, but there is a WORLD of difference between the kitchz movies (they NEVER said "awesome" or "bummer dude" in the gritty comic...I don't even remember them eating pizza, more like sweet-and-sour turkey on Christmas Eve (right before April's place gets trashed by the Foot Clan with Leonardo nearly being killed and they narrowly escape with Casey Jone's help. I could see Rock Steady making an AWESOME TMNT game...especially if they keep the Fugitoid /Triceraton storyline. Not to mention if they have a variety of weapons like the comic (such as the Manriki Gusari that Michelangelo once used...) And lastly, I have seen tons of crappy Batman games, and like everyone else, I saw the Arkham Asylum game and was like "Oh my god, where did this come from?!" If anyone can put out an awesome TMNT game, it's Rocksteady. Also, for nostalgia's sake, I also have fond memories of TMNT, Turtles in Time by Konami
#10 Posted by volume_three (2142 posts) -

[QUOTE="PoisoN_Facecam0"]Doubt it.. even rock steady wouldn't be able to do anything worthwhile with such a useless franchise.. plus it isn't the 90's anymore, a TMNT game would do terrible..jordonj
With respect, I disagree.. I don't know if you read the original Mike Baron comics, but there is a WORLD of difference between the kitchz movies (they NEVER said "awesome" or "bummer dude" in the gritty comic...I don't even remember them eating pizza, more like sweet-and-sour turkey on Christmas Eve (right before April's place gets trashed by the Foot Clan with Leonardo nearly being killed and they narrowly escape with Casey Jone's help. I could see Rock Steady making an AWESOME TMNT game...especially if they keep the Fugitoid /Triceraton storyline. Not to mention if they have a variety of weapons like the comic (such as the Manriki Gusari that Michelangelo once used...) And lastly, I have seen tons of crappy Batman games, and like everyone else, I saw the Arkham Asylum game and was like "Oh my god, where did this come from?!" If anyone can put out an awesome TMNT game, it's Rocksteady. Also, for nostalgia's sake, I also have fond memories of TMNT, Turtles in Time by Konami

Took the words straight from my mouth. If Rocksteady continues to rely on source material for inspiration, in this case the original comics, they could easily pull off and awesome dark and gritty TMNT game that would play very similar to Arkham City. I'm even willing to say that this is more likely to happen than not. The majority of responses I've read so far are no different to those non-Batman fans who were skeptical of Arkham Asylum prior to it's release. How quickly their opinions swayed! ;)

#11 Posted by killerband55 (107961 posts) -

as long as this TMNT has 4 players and not that garbage 1 player TMNT movie based game

#12 Posted by jordonj (1069 posts) -

as long as this TMNT has 4 players and not that garbage 1 player TMNT movie based game

killerband55
MP maybe, but a single player campaign where you change characters and some good AI...maybe with some companions helping you.
#13 Posted by Gxgear (10425 posts) -

If it's half as good as the Batman titles I'm sold.

#14 Posted by jordonj (1069 posts) -

Heh, what if they would include the Gnatrat crossover? :P

#15 Posted by Orpheus_Evo (178 posts) -

The lackluster sales of the remade Turtles in Time on XBL and PSN is proof enough that the Turtles aren't a franchise worth the time anymore.. They had a good run on the Nes and in Arcades but there hasn't been a good TMNT game in almost 20 years... Thats not gonna change..PoisoN_Facecam0

It isn't the same. Anyone old enough to want to play a TMNT game, would probably already had ALL the old ones (NES, SNES, Genesis, Arcade, etc.)... THAT'S the reason (probably) the remakes sold so bad.

#16 Posted by supa_badman (16627 posts) -

I'd LOVE to see a TMNT made by Rocksteady. The game would be god-tier.

#17 Posted by janson2185 (188 posts) -

i for one would LOVE to see rocksteady make a tmnt game.its about time someone took that franchise and made a good game..lets hope this is for real

#18 Posted by GC4ever (3044 posts) -

if it was based on the 90's movies i would go for it
if it's based on the newer material i'll pass

#19 Posted by Noname81 (332 posts) -

Not sure about this. I've loved the Turtles ever since the original cartoon series back in the 90's, but I never could get into the games. On the other hand I just LOVED Arkham City. If the game is anything like that, I'd probably buy this in a heartbeat.

#20 Posted by jack00 (3544 posts) -
I wish this is true, and also wish that if it is, they go for a gritty and dark universe like what the originals TMNT were intended to be all those years ago.
#21 Posted by jack00 (3544 posts) -
My god you are swimming in ignorance son.
#22 Posted by lotusclown (229 posts) -

i soooooo hope this is true, i bought both tmnt games on ps2 hoping for a decent old school turtles game just to be disapointed both times... i'd give anything to finally see a good one.

#24 Posted by azzezino (4570 posts) -
I would love a gritty TMNT game akin to Arkham City, I like the Turtles.
#25 Posted by azzezino (4570 posts) -
[QUOTE="PoisoN_Facecam0"]Doubt it.. even rock steady wouldn't be able to do anything worthwhile with such a useless franchise.. plus it isn't the 90's anymore, a TMNT game would do terrible..jack00
My god you are swimming in ignorance son.

he he LOL.
#26 Posted by da_chub (3062 posts) -
the hd turtles in time remake is more then enough to show that turtles belong with generations past.
#27 Posted by WR_Platinum (4667 posts) -

I'm all in for this to be made, Rocksteady is the right for the job!

#28 Posted by killerband55 (107961 posts) -

i heard on Attack of the Show that this game was going to be free-roam, i wonder how thats gonna work out?