Resistance:FOM vs. Rainbox6:Vegas

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gregdrapes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gregdrapes
Member since 2004 • 110 Posts

Hey guys. I preordered my ps3 a couple of weeks ago (praying for one on launch day), but i can't decide yet on which games to get.

First off i am definitely going for Oblivion, that game looks ace, and as far as gameplay hours is concerned that should last a while.

I cant however decide on my next game. I want a FPS, but im torn between R6V and RFOM. I must admit at the the minute im swinging towards Rainbow 6, the 360 version looks amazing and got rave reviews, and i must admit the reviews for RFOMhave been patchy, although people in the forums seem to like it. Just wondering what everyones views on this were.

risi37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 risi37
Member since 2005 • 4542 Posts
RFOM
craigx42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 craigx42
Member since 2004 • 108 Posts
Rainbow 6
gregdrapes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gregdrapes
Just stating a game is not really heping me guys!! any particular reasons??
Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
I haven't played Vegas so my opinion is completely biased. I love Resistance, it is the best FPS I've played on a console. It's beautiful, fast paced, smooth, and you get to blow things up. Not to mention the online is great. My vote goes to Resistance.
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
i haven't played RFOM (no PS3 in europe yet) but i did play RB6V on the 360 and i must say it's one of the best games i played. i can only hope it will be as good on the PS3. It's simply the best tactivcall shooter out there. Play it on "realistic" when you start. It's a hard but rewarding and beautifull game.
mrb45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 mrb45
Member since 2006 • 174 Posts
        I have Resistance and Rainbow Six Vegas on my 360 and i would go with resistance if you just want single player and co-op. But if you are planning on playing online Vegas is a more interesting game on the Internet. The matches are more intense and you can rank up to gain access to better weapons, armor and gadgets. 
EMERlCa6969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 EMERlCa6969
Member since 2004 • 2142 Posts

Resistance is a great game.  The graphics, sound, gameplay, A.I. are all top notch.  It is a decent challenge, and alot of fun to play.  Stick to cover if you want to survive, which won't really help you later on anyways.  The enemies really start to get aggressive later on.  If you like more of a science ficction milirtary feel, buy this game.

Rainbow Six is another great game.  It really tests your ability to make sounds decisions when entering a room.  If you don't have a good plan you and your men will die.  It takes alot less to die in Rainbow Six, so make good use of cover, and pay attention to your surroundings.  This game is really intense.  The A.I., graphics, and gameplay, and sound are all top notch in this game as well.  If you like more of a tactical feel, buy this game.

You really shouldn't be disappointed either way you go.  They are both great games.

jamie619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jamie619
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

i would go with vegas my self i got it on 360 and it rocks my favrouite game on 360 .but like u ive got my ps3 pre ordered too and i am geting resistance. but to me it looks like a gears of war rip off .it might be better than gears have to wait and see. .if i were u read up on the both and see what u like better.

Takiwara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Takiwara
Member since 2006 • 1150 Posts
It really depends on yur taste. I dont have Vegas but I am going to get it. As for Resistance it is a totally wild game online :D. I had a snow day yesterday and i totally spent like all day playing it.
psyko7144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 psyko7144
Member since 2005 • 632 Posts
        I have Resistance and Rainbow Six Vegas on my 360 and i would go with resistance if you just want single player and co-op. But if you are planning on playing online Vegas is a more interesting game on the Internet. The matches are more intense and you can rank up to gain access to better weapons, armor and gadgets. mrb45
This guy hit the nail on the head, except the co-op part you can play four player co-op on R6V and it has a TON of online options. R6V is the best value for the money.
craigx42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 craigx42
Member since 2004 • 108 Posts
[QUOTE="mrb45"]        I have Resistance and Rainbow Six Vegas on my 360 and i would go with resistance if you just want single player and co-op. But if you are planning on playing online Vegas is a more interesting game on the Internet. The matches are more intense and you can rank up to gain access to better weapons, armor and gadgets. psyko7144
This guy hit the nail on the head, except the co-op part you can play four player co-op on R6V and it has a TON of online options. R6V is the best value for the money.

can you play 4 player co-op on and off line?
psyko7144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 psyko7144
Member since 2005 • 632 Posts
Its online co-op for 4 players, offline you can do 2 split screen on one console. It would be cool if you could play over both consoles.
b11051973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 b11051973
Member since 2002 • 7621 Posts
Rainbow Six I have both games and R6V is awesome. I'm assuming the PS3 version will be just as good as the one on the 360.
pridetwo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 pridetwo
Member since 2006 • 1226 Posts
its a really tough one man. i have rfom and i played r6 on 360 and they are both great games. honestly i think you should buy both and drop oblivion. but ya thats just my opinion
gregdrapes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gregdrapes
I think im swaying towards R6V, to me RFOM just looks a bit too similar to other FPS i have played (yet loved), i just think R6V may just offer a little something different. Or i could just get both!!
truesKill87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 truesKill87
Member since 2007 • 282 Posts
Get RFOM and dont look back. Dont listen to the xbox 360 fanboys.
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 danneswegman
Get RFOM and dont look back. Dont listen to the xbox 360 fanboys. truesKill87
i think he knows who the fanboy is....
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 danneswegman
I think im swaying towards R6V, to me RFOM just looks a bit too similar to other FPS i have played (yet loved), i just think R6V may just offer a little something different. Or i could just get both!!gregdrapes
i that case.. get both.. why not...
ch2423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 ch2423
Member since 2004 • 1978 Posts

^moron.

Anyway, from someone who has played them both, if it was me I'd go with Rainbow Six.  I never really get into the "kill the aliens" type games (I'm not a big Halo fan either).   Sneaking around with a team of anti-terrorism experts in a beautifully rendered Las Vegas atmosphere is just a lot more fun to me.  Plus you get to do some really cool stuff in Rainbow, not just run and gun. 
sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts

I think you're the fanboy.  Did you know that R6V is gonna be on the ps3 too.  You won't be saying "Don't listen to the xbox 360 fanboys" after it is released on the ps3.  I have experience with both games and both are great.  I would say get both if you can. 
MikeinSC2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#22 MikeinSC2
Member since 2005 • 739 Posts
Vegas is better than Resistance in every conceivable category. It's such a dramatically better title I'd have to invent NEW categories for it to be better than Resistance for.
-=Mike
truesKill87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 truesKill87
[QUOTE="truesKill87"]Get RFOM and dont look back. Dont listen to the xbox 360 fanboys. sirk1264

I think you're the fanboy. Did you know that R6V is gonna be on the ps3 too. You won't be saying "Don't listen to the xbox 360 fanboys" after it is released on the ps3. I have experience with both games and both are great. I would say get both if you can.

i know that crappy game is gonna be on the PS3. Dont waste your money on it. get RFOM.
truesKill87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 truesKill87
Vegas is better than Resistance in every conceivable category. It's such a dramatically better title I'd have to invent NEW categories for it to be better than Resistance for.
-=Mike
MikeinSC2
its funny how many Xbox 360 trolls are working this forum.
badmonkey35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 badmonkey35
Member since 2006 • 371 Posts

I'm sure Rainbow Vegas will be as good if not better than the 360 version.  If that holds up R6V has better single player, multi player.  RFOM has better split screen co-op than R6V.  R6V has better graphics.  I think the main reason why people love RFOM so much is because its still the only game worth playing right now.  This will change soon and RFOM will be a distant memory like the launch games of the PS2.

b11051973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 b11051973
Member since 2002 • 7621 Posts
[QUOTE="MikeinSC2"]Vegas is better than Resistance in every conceivable category. It's such a dramatically better title I'd have to invent NEW categories for it to be better than Resistance for.
-=Mike
truesKill87

It's equally funny how people that have never played R6V can say it sucks. I know, now you're going to say you played it at you friends and hated it. I've played Resistance about 10 hours and R6V about 50. IMHO, it is just a better game.
MikeinSC2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#27 MikeinSC2
Member since 2005 • 739 Posts
[QUOTE="MikeinSC2"]Vegas is better than Resistance in every conceivable category. It's such a dramatically better title I'd have to invent NEW categories for it to be better than Resistance for.
-=Mike
truesKill87

Unlike you, I've actually played both games.

I'm speaking from experience.

You...well, you're not and we'll leave it at that.
-=Mike
DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts
I wasn't impressed by R6, so I'd say RFOM.
shady_825

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 shady_825
Member since 2003 • 1000 Posts
I like tactical shooters and I usually hate First-person Shooters, but I have Resistance and it absolutely fantastic. However, I've seen Rainbow Six played and it looks like the best tactical shooter ever. I plan to get it, but from what I can tell, they are two very different games. I don't think you can go wrong with both.
Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts
RFOM is a mandatory purchase for all PS3 owners. Show Insomniac the love for making such a great launch game.

danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 danneswegman
[QUOTE="sirk1264"][QUOTE="truesKill87"]Get RFOM and dont look back. Dont listen to the xbox 360 fanboys. truesKill87

I think you're the fanboy. Did you know that R6V is gonna be on the ps3 too. You won't be saying "Don't listen to the xbox 360 fanboys" after it is released on the ps3. I have experience with both games and both are great. I would say get both if you can.

i know that crappy game is gonna be on the PS3. Dont waste your money on it. get RFOM.

sorry, i guess we are all a lot older than you... when you grow up you'll understand how obvious your damage control was.
jshigashi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jshigashi
Member since 2007 • 528 Posts
It's a simple matter of your taste... on one hand you have realism, on the other hand your enemies are aliens. When are you getting your PS3? Reason being is I belive Rainbow Six got pushed back to April... and that it a long time to wait to play. I would pick Resistance just because you get to play it sooner. I'll admit I haven't really played rainbox six much at all, just off line multiplayer a little bit.