Resident Evil 6 thoughts??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jimbowesker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 131

User Lists: 4

#1 Jimbowesker
Member since 2009 • 996 Posts

So, I have somehow managed to play enough of RE6 to make it through Leon's story mode and I do not know how i was able to push myself that long to make it through! I hate the route my beloved RE series has steered but I guess it has became acceptable to slap together some crap to make a quick buck. I know there are others who miss the old ways of RE like RE1, RE2. RE3 & RECVX!! How do yall feel about Resident Evils new direction?

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

RE6 is a mess, RE5 is pretty decent, and RE4 is fantastic. The old games aren't very good and I hope they don't go back to that style.

Jimbowesker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Jimbowesker

Well, being an old school RE gamer, my wishes are to return to that old survival horror watch your back and save often kinda gameplay. RE4 was decent but it was good in a way I don't think is true to the RE series. They just need to reboot the series in my opinion!

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Pffrbt

Well, being an old school RE gamer, my wishes are to return to that old survival horror watch your back and save often kinda gameplay.Jimbowesker

The old games disrespect the player's time and patience by limiting the number of times a player can save, having no sense of direction (leaving the player wandering aimlessly until they either stumble upon something that works, or just get frustrated and look up a guide), and having puzzles that make almost no sense. They can return to survival horror while keeping modern camera and controls, and without making insane puzzles and aimless environments. I hope they'd do that while keeping RE4's tongue in cheek tone and amping up the horror and survival elements. ButI doubt they will, they'll probably continue in RE6's style by ramming as many conflicting ideas and styles together as possible while imitating a Michael Bay movie.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

IloveResidentEvil 6...Minusthevehicleparts.ScrewyouOldTimers

gantarat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gantarat
Member since 2012 • 146 Posts

Don't blame Hiroyuki kobayashi he is a good Producer Re remake , Re4 , Re 6 & Dragon dogma.

Should BlameEiichiro Sasaki director This game .

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

RE6isGreat.

josh494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#8 josh494
Member since 2008 • 841 Posts

RE6isGreat.

StrongBlackVine
So is the space bar. You should try it out one day. Great replay value on it.
Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Pffrbt

IloveResidentEvil 6...Minusthevehicleparts.ScrewyouOldTimers

StrongBlackVine

I thought the vehicle segments were a nice break from the complete monotony that is the rest of the game. Not that the segments are actually good, they're just so bad they're hilarious.

punisher1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 punisher1
Member since 2004 • 3290 Posts

I remember seeing a walkthrough when this first came out. And didn't watch for long. It was just all over the place. And one big mess. Like running through a crowd of zombies doing MMA type stuff. Is just pure stupid.

wwefanforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#11 wwefanforlife
Member since 2006 • 3248 Posts

I didn't think it was too bad I enjoyed Jake and Sherry's story and Ada's. Seriously I wish Capcom would stop with Quick Time Events and the Cheap Deaths RE6 has far too many that makes the game frustrating. I didn't think RE6 was as good as Resident Evil Revelations that was the direction I wanted RE6 to take.

Jimbowesker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jimbowesker

I remember seeing a walkthrough when this first came out. And didn't watch for long. It was just all over the place. And one big mess. Like running through a crowd of zombies doing MMA type stuff. Is just pure stupid.

punisher1

My thoughts exactly!! Lol

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

I am actually enjoying RE6 and im finding it to be much better then I would have thought.

It's not everyones cup of tea though.

I only spent 40 bucks so I feel like it was worth it.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
RE6 its good game but i miss old biohazard games
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#15 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

the game is boring.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Well, all I can say is that it REALLY made me appreciate RE5!!!:P

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#17 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

It's like they crammed 40 hours of gameplay,quick time events and tried to rekindle the series with the old gameplay aspect but it didn't work the game is just a flat out mess.

chaz1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 chaz1911
Member since 2012 • 76 Posts

So, I have somehow managed to play enough of RE6 to make it through Leon's story mode and I do not know how i was able to push myself that long to make it through! I hate the route my beloved RE series has steered but I guess it has became acceptable to slap together some crap to make a quick buck. I know there are others who miss the old ways of RE like RE1, RE2. RE3 & RECVX!! How do yall feel about Resident Evils new direction?

Jimbowesker
i honestly thought it was pretty good and sorry pal the resi you loved is now dead RIP.
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#19 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

I loved RE5, but RE6 was a poor sequel. In fact, it played alot worse and looked far worse than it's predeccesor that came out 3 years ago. How is that possible?!

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

MarcRecon

Seconded.

When the RE6 demo hit, I went back and played RE5. I was actually really impressed with it, and changed my (forum) stance on the game, up until the new game hit. Now, I feel like RE5 is a deserving title in the series and it doesn't make me feel negative in any way. It's like hating Obama, and then seeing a fool like Romney - Suddenly, the one doesn't look so bad... "Oh, you mean we could be headed for THIS? Huh. Suddenly, I feel more supportive of the evil I know, because THAT **** is ****ed UP..."

:lol:

I'll eventually play RE6, I'm too much of a fanboy not to... But it'll be a used copy of the Gold Edition so that CRAPCOM doesn't see a penny. That's how I got ORC, just waited it out until it was practically a give-away. When you spend $10 on a game, it's a lot more fun than if you pay $60+, I often find...

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Jimbowesker

It's funny how people miss the old RE games yet hate the new ones since they have action in them cause they think RE has always been about survival horror. RE has always had action elements in them. Action in the RE games has always been limited to the hardware at the time and what they can do.

Survival horror is completely different now than it was back in 1996, so if the series would ever go back to survival horror it would still not be the same. The series changed with RE4 and I admit I was pissed when they changed RE4 from the previous RE games, as I played RE4 I thought to myself, RE as I know it is officially dead, but I'm enjoying the hell out of this game. Since then I've kept an open mind on the RE games, hell RE6 is my 4th fav RE game behind RE2 (1st), RE4 (2nd),RE1 remake (3rd),RE6 (4th) and RE revelations has now taken over the 5th spot. To me RE1 (original) has aged very poorly compared to RE2 and RE3, combined that with the cheesy-ness of RE1 it only remains as a classic, not a well done classic but as one that defined a genre.

If you can't come to sense that RE4 is when the series changed (back in 2005), then you're hopeless and will never enjoy a RE game since you've already made up your mind.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MonkeySpot

What are you on about? Some kind of half-baked history lesson couched in insults? WTF-?

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MarcRecon

[QUOTE="MarcRecon"]

MonkeySpot

Seconded.

When the RE6 demo hit, I went back and played RE5. I was actually really impressed with it, and changed my (forum) stance on the game, up until the new game hit. Now, I feel like RE5 is a deserving title in the series and it doesn't make me feel negative in any way. It's like hating Obama, and then seeing a fool like Romney - Suddenly, the one doesn't look so bad... "Oh, you mean we could be headed for THIS? Huh. Suddenly, I feel more supportive of the evil I know, because THAT **** is ****ed UP..."

I'll eventually play RE6, I'm too much of a fanboy not to... But it'll be a used copy of the Gold Edition so that CRAPCOM doesn't see a penny. That's how I got ORC, just waited it out until it was practically a give-away. When you spend $10 on a game, it's a lot more fun than if you pay $60+, I often find...

Agreed, I will eventually get RE6 but just as you said, there's no way I'm paying full price for it.

ssj_neo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 ssj_neo
Member since 2010 • 162 Posts

game is a mixed bag for me. I'm glad this one had a little different gameplay then 5. Felt new and fresh and even tho it wasn't that scary it was still a good game. Would have liked it if they just made a game on jake sherry with this one instead cause there story was way more interesting then leons and chris chapters. It was in no way a 4.5, I would put this game in 6-7.5 territory. If you a resi fan you could get this just for the story alone. There is so much content in this game. It took me more then 30 hrs to beat the game and I still havent completed more then 20% completion level.

gantarat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 gantarat
Member since 2012 • 146 Posts

Resident Evil 6 Price now

re6price.jpg

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MonkeySpot

When that ad says "Gold Edition - $10", wake me up... Until then... Zzzzzzzzzzz.....

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MarcRecon

Resident Evil 6 Price now

re6price.jpg

gantarat

39.00 bucks is still way to much for this game.:|

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MarcRecon

When that ad says "Gold Edition - $10", wake me up... Until then... Zzzzzzzzzzz.....

MonkeySpot

C'mon Monk I thought I was being a cheap bastard!!!:lol:... @MonkeySpot

Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Lulekani
Member since 2012 • 2318 Posts
Obviously nostalgia has made you fan boys bitter despite the last 3 games obviously going in a new direction. So why wait ? Whos alread dissapointed with what President Evil 7 is gona be like ? Don't be shy, get it all of you're system, lord knows you can't help yourself.
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MarcRecon

Obviously nostalgia has made you fan boys bitter despite the last 3 games obviously going in a new direction.Lulekani

:lol:....new direction? You mean waaaaaay of course and then it CRASHED and burned!!! You see, your opinion is valued "BUT" the name calling is what causes flame wars!!! Everybody is just expressing their opinion(agreeing or disagreeing)....I don't even have a problem with the people who did like RE6 because the've seen the value in the game that we didn't.

And what are you talking about last 3 games....this thread was about RE6 which is inferior to the last 2 installments of the series!!!

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MonkeySpot

[QUOTE="MonkeySpot"]

MarcRecon

C'mon Monk I thought I was being a cheap bastard!!!:lol:... @MonkeySpot

I got RE5 that way, in fact, it was only $7.99 when I bought it. The same will happen for this game, you just need to be patient. I absolutely LOVE buying games that're past their prime. I got "FarCry 2" for $8 the other day. I got "The Saboteur" yesterday for $7. Everything eventually becomes "worthless" on the market. I have rarely if ever paid anything more than $20us for ANY PS3 game in my library, and most of them were obtained for under $15us. I support the games I feel are good examples to vote with my dollar - "XCOM: Enemy Unknown", "LA Noire". I cough it up when I want to send a message... But I also withold to send a similar message.

I don't like where you're going, CRAPCOM. Bad dog for peeing the rug, no bone for you. I will buy it used, to ensure that not a cent of my cash goes to CRAPCOM, and laugh while I do it because I WANT to screw them, and I WANT to support the used game market which "hurts" them SO much, according to their own party-line on the subject.

Still, I hope I keep my local Mom'n'Pop resale in business buying the game used from them, as apposed to going to a retail or online seller and buying it new. Compared to CRAPCOM, GameStop are SAINTS. Besides, I've almost got enough on my rewards card to get a free game! So, of course I'm gonna go with the company who actually appreciates my purchases, or the local business-people who run a great store here in Northern Wisconsin where I live whom also appreciate my business.

I'll just work on other games until RE6 gets all the DLC on-disc, issued, and dropped in price... I have a TON of gaming to do while I wait. And eventually, I WILL find a copy of RE6, for less than $15, maybe even wait until it's under $10. My backlog is formidable, colorful, and varied. I fear nothing, and the game will still be just as good then as it is right now for $40.

Who "needs" the game that badly, to pay that much for it? Not me, I can tell ya.

:D

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
I like the game, kinda. I've only finished Leon's campaign, played a few hours of the Redfield campaign, and haven't played any of Jakes... That said, Leon's campaign is infinitely superior to RE5 imo, and Redfield's seems like an solid military third person shooter with a goofy story. Mercenaries mode is really well done as usual. I just wish Capcom wouldn't of made the damn game so long, I'd love to finish it, but I'm not going to devote ~30 hours to it when I have lots of other compelling games to play as well.
supern0va9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 supern0va9
Member since 2012 • 35 Posts

More like pro wrestling moves. I've seen a Running Bulldog and Huricanrana so far.

accesdenied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 accesdenied
Member since 2008 • 485 Posts

[QUOTE="Jimbowesker"]Well, being an old school RE gamer, my wishes are to return to that old survival horror watch your back and save often kinda gameplay.Pffrbt

The old games disrespect the player's time and patience by limiting the number of times a player can save, having no sense of direction (leaving the player wandering aimlessly until they either stumble upon something that works, or just get frustrated and look up a guide), and having puzzles that make almost no sense. They can return to survival horror while keeping modern camera and controls, and without making insane puzzles and aimless environments. I hope they'd do that while keeping RE4's tongue in cheek tone and amping up the horror and survival elements. ButI doubt they will, they'll probably continue in RE6's style by ramming as many conflicting ideas and styles together as possible while imitating a Michael Bay movie.

Not at all the old RE are true classic horror not that new Bulls hit where everything has to play like a shooter. as for disrespecting your time and patience I hope the games are longer to consume lots of time. and the puzzles was what made resident evil.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MonkeySpot

[QUOTE="Pffrbt"]

[QUOTE="Jimbowesker"]Well, being an old school RE gamer, my wishes are to return to that old survival horror watch your back and save often kinda gameplay.accesdenied

Not at all the old RE are true classic horror not that new Bulls hit where everything has to play like a shooter. as for disrespecting your time and patience I hope the games are longer to consume lots of time. and the puzzles was what made resident evil.

That's what limited saves and limited supplies were designed to add to the game & the tension it produces... And I guess I'm special, but i never felt like any of hte older RE games made me wander aimlessly. I might have been more efficient than some with the map, and keeping a list of where things were (items/puzzles) as i played, but that's a throw-back to the early days of RPGs and such.

I really loved "Resident Evil: Deadly Silence" on the Nintendo DS because the map was always out on one screen while you play on the other, which made the game navigation much more cohesive.

I respect what you say, and your perceptions of the early games vs the later ones. Everyone has their own take, and should be respected for them.

:)

As RE progresses, though, I'm starting to see where a happy medium could have been found. I think they went just a bit too far in the action direction and left out elements they probably shouldn't have... I have a genuine and new-found respect for RE5 which i never had until RE6 came out, so for that I am grateful that they made so many "mistakes" in RE6 as they have, in my opinion - They helped me see the beauty in the game (RE5).

Can we at least all agree that the amount of QTEs are all wrong, and that they need to wrench that down a bit?

:D

Respect to you, fellow gamer and RE fan!

~Ze Monkey~

Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#36 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts
The old games disrespect the player's time and patience by limiting the number of times a player can save, having no sense of direction (leaving the player wandering aimlessly until they either stumble upon something that works, or just get frustrated and look up a guide), and having puzzles that make almost no sense.Pffrbt
Yeah, dude. That's what commonly known as a "challenge." Damn kids have no respect for the old days because all they know is "t3h H4LoS!" :roll:
toddyaww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 toddyaww
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
It is the best Horror movie Resident Evil 6. I watch this movie tailor. I like its.
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MonkeySpot

It is the best Horror movie Resident Evil 6. I watch this movie tailor. I like its.toddyaww

Office girl don't make waves. Cheerful, it is tenor sax trilobite garbage liner. Sorry, I mean says ocean liner. Salvo tyrannus ipso-facto liquid wrench-o.