deactivated-58270bc086e0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 113

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-58270bc086e0d
Member since 2006 • 2317 Posts

I have noticed this in Destiny and Lords of the Fallen now. It is really god damn annoying. It makes my eyes hurt but I can't work out whether it is my TV or whether it is supposed to be like that.

It isn't a massive split but if you look closely at the edges of the screen there is a clear double image around the user interface and around certain objects in the game, at the top and edges of the screen.

I mean there is no double image when I'm watching TV or when I'm at the user interface for my PS4 or in games for any of my other consoles.

I thought it was like a new graphics effect or something at first but I can't see anything about it online.

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

Can you capture it using the Share function?

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3  Edited By Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

Can you capture it using the Share function? If the issue doesn't show up in screens it could be something between the game/system and TV settings that triggers it.

BCage777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By BCage777
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Yeah, I agree with above one. Its something due to system or TV screen resolution problem, otherwise It is Okay.

Avatar image for deactivated-58270bc086e0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By deactivated-58270bc086e0d

@bcage777: Yeah I've just done that. It does show but it isn't half as bad as on my TV. Have a look.

Look at the branches on the tree. Blurry and horrible. Can also see a slight red line around the edges.
Look at the branches on the tree. Blurry and horrible. Can also see a slight red line around the edges.
The torch sconce on the right hand edge. Looks blurry.
The torch sconce on the right hand edge. Looks blurry.
The same torch sconce centred on the screen is nice and smooth.
The same torch sconce centred on the screen is nice and smooth.
This one isn't so bad here but in the game I could see a clear red line on the crack running down the edge of the door frame.
This one isn't so bad here but in the game I could see a clear red line on the crack running down the edge of the door frame.

Again look at the tree branches and the guy in the cage they just aren't as clear as they should be also the pole sticking out of the cage has a clear red line running along its edge on my TV screen which you can kind of see here.
Again look at the tree branches and the guy in the cage they just aren't as clear as they should be also the pole sticking out of the cage has a clear red line running along its edge on my TV screen which you can kind of see here.

They look a lot worse on my TV. Maybe it is just that it is 42 inches and I am sitting reasonably close to it? Emphasising the blurr effects around the edges?

I would give you some from Destiny but I've deleted the game and it would take me about an hour to re-download all of the character data.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By deactivated-58270bc086e0d

@Articuno76: Here's another one this time I took a share screen shot and then took some pictures of the problems using my camera to contrast what I'm seeing to what the screenshots show:

This is a screen shot of an open area. There are four problem areas, the torch sconce on the right, the torch sconce to the left on the wall, the floor slab next to the health bar and the mountains in the top left.
This is a screen shot of an open area. There are four problem areas, the torch sconce on the right, the torch sconce to the left on the wall, the floor slab next to the health bar and the mountains in the top left.

Now contrast these areas with these images:

This is the sort of crap I'm seeing out of the corner of my eye all the time.
This is the sort of crap I'm seeing out of the corner of my eye all the time.
Notice there is a blue line around the edges of this one as well.
Notice there is a blue line around the edges of this one as well.
This one is a very good example of how distracting this is!
This one is a very good example of how distracting this is!
Now that is just straight up ugly!
Now that is just straight up ugly!

ANY idea of what is going on and how I can fix this? It is really annoying.

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts

wht kind of tv do you have, it seems like an uncalibrated rear projection one, if it is a monitor you can adjust (if i remember correctly) the vsync, or something like that...

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Umm the game is meant to blurry the parts you are describing. Anything not in focus of the character appears blurry, like a human-eye does. Notice how your health-bar is always crystal clear.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-58270bc086e0d

@MondasM: No sorry I figured it out. I was going to post but it wouldn't let me (in my own damn thread no less!), anyway. It is a graphical effect called Chromatic Aberration. It is an artefact caused by lenses in photography and in photography is something artists REMOVE because it is not desirable to have a split double blurry image in your photographs. Yet in this game they decided to add it on purpose instead and make the game ugly as all hell.

Luckily it seems for the first time ever they have actually added an option to the console versions where you can remove this monstrosity of an effect. I have now tried it and it looks infinitely better than it did.

Thanks for you input anyway appreciate the help.

@GTR12: Erm I'm sorry but having peripheral vision and having blurry double red/blue image are two different things. If your peripheral vision looks anything like in this game you should go seek medical attention.

Games are not supposed to have peripheral vision. I don't know if it escaped your notice but the "peripheral" vision is right next to the user interface which you don't look at out of the sides of your eyes. You look at them properly by flicking your eyes back and force periodically glancing at them. It doesn't add any effect other than looking ugly as hell.

The developers must have known this was a mistake in fact because since posting this I've worked out what it is and found out that there is a setting in the game to turn it off on the PS4 version no less, which wasn't there several days ago, so they must have added it in the latest update.

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts

@Dannystaples14: i am happy that you could sort it out... :)