Recording PS3 to DVD

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Amanaman54 (145 posts) -

I am currently trying to record footage from PS3 using my DVD Recorder, but am encountering problems. I have got it setup via the multiav/scart connection which is connected via the PS3 into AV2 of my DVD recorder. However, when I try to  change the display settings within the PS3 to the appropiate  connection, nothing appears when scrolling to channel AV2, and I have also tried holding reset so that the PS3 automatically configures to the right display setting, but to no avail. Notably, when trying this method, reconnecting the HDMI results in the PS3 running in standard definition after resetting it with the scart connection.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

#2 Posted by teebeenz (4362 posts) -
Many DVD/VCR devicers wont be detected as display devices (for obvious reasons), so the PS3 simply may not see it. If thats the case you cant fix it.
#3 Posted by nimuk (751 posts) -

Many DVD/VCR devicers wont be detected as display devices (for obvious reasons), so the PS3 simply may not see it. If thats the case you cant fix it.teebeenz

you may be able to trick it if you hook up a "Y" connection on the video line

on the video line from the multi out of the ps3 connect the Y sending one signal to a tv and the other to the recorder

worth a try

#4 Posted by MERC_RECONN (2971 posts) -
t

I am currently trying to record footage from PS3 using my DVD Recorder, but am encountering problems. I have got it setup via the multiav/scart connection which is connected via the PS3 into AV2 of my DVD recorder. However, when I try to  change the display settings within the PS3 to the appropiate  connection, nothing appears when scrolling to channel AV2, and I have also tried holding reset so that the PS3 automatically configures to the right display setting, but to no avail. Notably, when trying this method, reconnecting the HDMI results in the PS3 running in standard definition after resetting it with the scart connection.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Amanaman54

I'm glad you made this topic because I was thinking about recording  some footage from my ps3 also. It might just be your recorder, if it's not by sony, that might be the issue. We all know that most of sony's product's are compatible....I have a sony dvd recorder and I will give it a try.I will let you know about my results.

#5 Posted by Amanaman54 (145 posts) -
I'm not sure though, because I've happily recorded games from PS2 before and my recorder is a Daewoo.
#6 Posted by Amanaman54 (145 posts) -
bump
#7 Posted by Amanaman54 (145 posts) -
bump
#8 Posted by clubside (667 posts) -
Whenever I have done DVD recording I have used an S-Video output as that was the best input available on both of the recorders I own. I'm afraid I haven't tried this with my PS3 but there's no technical reason it wouldn't work.
#9 Posted by slimeythesnail (1 posts) -
I have been experiencing the same problems for the last frustratingly three days straight. No matter what I try, I just cannot get my dvd recorder to read my hdmi resolution setting of 1080i. I can access my ps3 via AV 2 on my dvd recorder but only at the default settings of 576i. I found this great website where I can download movies directly onto the playstation 3. From their I would like to burn the movies onto either disc or the recorder at the high resolution setting. But that comes to another one of my questions. Would burning from my ps3 to dvd recorder make any difference if I did it in either 1080i or 576i... Please, someone out their has an answer.