Recommended games for a girl / rayman fan?

AttentiveMocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AttentiveMocha
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Hi,

I'm getting a PS4 for Christmas - the wait is almost over! I've been stuck with what to get my fiancee for Christmas this year so I'll probably get her a game.

She isn't a big diehard gamer but we recently had a baby, meaning shes stuck in the house all the time, so the PS4 will probably get a lot of use from her.

I got her both Rayman games for the Xbox 360 (Rayman Legends and Rayman Origins) which she loved. She doesn't like any of my other games though such as COD, Battlefield, FIFA, a few racing games.

So can anyone recommend some good games for a girl / rayman fan? I'm thinking Little Big Planet 3 perhaps? I keep hearing it hasn't reached the potential that it could have done though.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

On the PS4 ?

I have no clue, mate.... Try Skylander Trap Team.

Oh and Congradulations ! ;)

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

You can try Knack. I know a few girls that enjoyed it.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

You could also try the Lego games for the PS4. Lego Hobbit, Lego Movie game, Lego Marvel Super Hero's, Knack, and Little Big Planet 3, in addition you could also get PS4 version of Rayman legends. Which is only $19.99 brand new at Best Buy. If for no other reason to get her familiar with the PS4 controller and console.

I'm guessing your girlfriend likes platform games. All of these games support 2 players so you could co-op together. Maybe she would like Minecraft on PS4?

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Before jumping on the bandwagon why don´t you ask her first what SHE WANTS ? how do you know she wants a console ? pardon me but you sound more like you are purchasing the console for you and you are asuming that since she is going to spend more time at home because of the baby she is going to make use of the console and now you are looking for games "for her".

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lulu_Lulu

@raugutcon

Chrismas is coming soon.... Its better if its a surprize... Wether she wants it or name is a problem for New Years Day.

AttentiveMocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AttentiveMocha

@Lulu_Lulu said:

On the PS4 ?

I have no clue, mate.... Try Skylander Trap Team.

Oh and Congradulations ! ;)

Thank you. :)

@raugutcon said:

Before jumping on the bandwagon why don´t you ask her first what SHE WANTS ? how do you know she wants a console ? pardon me but you sound more like you are purchasing the console for you and you are asuming that since she is going to spend more time at home because of the baby she is going to make use of the console and now you are looking for games "for her".

The console is mine. I'm getting it as a Christmas present and already have a few games of my own, but she'll certainly not like them. I wanted to buy her something that she might like to play on whilst she's at home but don't know of many 'girly' games. I'd prefer to not ask her because we always surprise each other. A game or two isn't the only thing I plan to buy her though.

Thanks for the replies. Lego, Skylanders, Knack are a few I'll keep in mind as well as Little Big Planet. Minecraft was another I had thought of but wasn't sure about.

The-Butcher248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 The-Butcher248
Member since 2012 • 466 Posts

Hmmm Tough choice... Most likely would be LBP 3, or Knack. The Lego games and Skylanders are for kids.

Another Title , which may be a bit out in left field would be the downloadable Child of Light. It's a beautiful game, it stars a girl , who runs and flys around... What more could she want?? Well, it is a turn based RPG, but if she can get over that... I think she'd light it. That would be my choice... as a rayman fan... and i never got into LBP.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

For some reason woman love racing games so get her Need for Speed; Rivals

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Lulu_Lulu

@The-Butcher248

They're for everyone... Not for kids....

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17814 Posts

is minecraft on the Ps4?

if it is then could be worth a look.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

Congrats to you both on the little one. This might sound odd but Sherlock Holmes Crimes & Punishment might be a good buy for her as girls are much better at logical challenges than men (sorry guys it's true) and the narrative nature might appeal. I'm not into platformers so can't recommend anything on that front sorry.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@blueinheaven

Is it really ?

I have believed guys and guys will naturally gravitate towards different types of games..... I just never knew exactly which genres appeal more to women.... I know guys get off on action, it doesn't even have to be violent, it just has to have alot of Movement.

The-Butcher248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 The-Butcher248

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@The-Butcher248

They're for everyone... Not for kids....

No, lego games and skylanders are not for adults. Maybe if your kids have those games, it's OK with play them. If you are an adult and play them it's OK, but the large majority of fanbase for these games is Pre-teens, Thus making it a kids game.

_Judas_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 _Judas_
Member since 2004 • 785 Posts

What do you mean "games for girls"? Like... games about braiding hair and breeding "dance" horses?!

I'd say get her a bunch of indie-games -- they're fast, fun, and "simple", meaning she can play quick games when she has the time without sacrificing too much time, if you understand what I mean. You get a couple of collections of Playstation store that's pretty decent.

I think the real question is what kind of games would your fiance want to play? What's her taste?
Fo the more time-consuming games you can get her "Dragon Age: Inquisition" -- it's a really great game. I've played for 50 hours now, and I still think I am only halfways through.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Lulu_Lulu

the Majority of E-Rated games are always played mostly by kids....but the content speaks to everyone..... Anybody can enjoy it...... Kinda like Nintendos games.

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

Uhhh is there a modnation racer game out yet if so she might like it, it's like Mario Kart but with track and character editing

DHMATT90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DHMATT90
Member since 2014 • 180 Posts

My GF loved Plants VS Zombies lol

She also enjoys playing Injustice God among us.

Games like Rayman? Try Trine, Fez.

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts

"child of light" is a gem... i reckon if your wife is not used to playing games which require close attention and the exercise of twitch reflexes, puzzlers and games like the aforementioned fez, trine, etc. should be fine... limbo is coming out on xbox, if it arrives on ps4, go for it as well... :)

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Lulu_Lulu

@Celsius765

Isn't Modnation Racers a PS3 game....... He's not getting a PS3....

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu: yeah it is, there was also a vita version, I took a look around but there's no mention of a ps4 version

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

child of light

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

Dragon Age Inquisition.

topher78714

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#25 topher78714
Member since 2006 • 672 Posts

My wife typically enjoys games that she can play with me or have a good story. I recommend games like the new tomb raider and temple of osirus game, or even any of the Telltale games (tales from the borderlands, walking dead, etc.). Maybe even things like Resogun that she can pick up, play for a little, then walk away from.

trav_have

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#26 trav_have
Member since 2004 • 5712 Posts

I'd say to grab her Minecraft on the PS4.

If not that then maybe Dragon Age: Inquisition. I'm just sure how complicated that game would be to start out on after playing Rayman as a favourite but the learning curve isn't that hard.

She'll get to create her own self in the game and have her own conversations, etc. It could be interesting.

benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#27 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9175 Posts

Valiant Hearts if you can get PSN

jaybirdy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jaybirdy1

Minecraft or Little Big Planet.

kyacat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#29 kyacat
Member since 2003 • 4408 Posts

@The-Butcher248 said:

Hmmm Tough choice... Most likely would be LBP 3, or Knack. The Lego games and Skylanders are for kids.

Another Title , which may be a bit out in left field would be the downloadable Child of Light. It's a beautiful game, it stars a girl , who runs and flys around... What more could she want?? Well, it is a turn based RPG, but if she can get over that... I think she'd light it. That would be my choice... as a rayman fan... and i never got into LBP.

Have you played any littlebigplanet games?

The-Butcher248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 The-Butcher248

@kyacat:

Played the first one for a few hours... and just kinda thought it was OK, nothing special. I hear the second is better and i have that, just haven't played it yet. The game did feel a bit child-ish with like stickers, you place on stuff. I do prefer the Mario/Rayman classic platformers. I don't mind puzzles, but i prefer a platformer that focusing more on action.

GamerNerdTalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 1

#31 GamerNerdTalk
Member since 2011 • 341 Posts

@attentivemocha: if she is anything like my wife I have one thing to tell you.

She will most likely get you to sell your ps4 and get wii u fit and a wiiu..... My wife did that

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#32 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@attentivemocha: Little Big Planet, Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, flower, Journey, Plants vs Zombies, Transistor, Valiant Hearts, Child of Light, Dust An Elysian Tale, are the ones i can come up with