This topic is locked from further discussion.

MomtwoBoys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MomtwoBoys
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Hi, I need something new to play. What is good out there that is similar to Fallout, Dragon Age, and Skyrim? Mass Effect 3 looks good but it is not something I would normally play. TIA! Stephanie
AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts
Kingdoms of Amalur and maybe star ocean 4 the last hope
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

So you're looking for open world RPGs? Mass Effect won't satisfy that hunger. Like the chap above me said, Kingdoms of AMular might be your best bet. You should probably check out demons Souls or Dark Souls as well

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

maybe Borderlands and the upcoming Borderlands 2

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

Sword-Demon

That's ... Not ... Uh ...

... I think "Amalur" would be more up your alley. Also, if you liked "Fallout 3", have you got "Fallout: New Vegas" yet?

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

[QUOTE="Sword-Demon"]

MonkeySpot

... I think "Amalur" would be more up your alley. Also, if you liked "Fallout 3", have you got "Fallout: New Vegas" yet?

I know it's a bit of a stretch, but KoA was already mentioned, so I was just giving some other options. It's a fun 1st person RPG
Grimlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Grimlim
Member since 2011 • 230 Posts
[QUOTE="MonkeySpot"]

[QUOTE="Sword-Demon"]

Sword-Demon

I know it's a bit of a stretch, but KoA was already mentioned, so I was just giving some other options. It's a fun 1st person RPG

i think its a good suggestion. TC if you like FPS i would recommend deus ex Human revolution and bioshock (creepy game) I dont know too many games like TES on ps3. Diablo likes there are Sacred 2 and Dungeon hunter alliance (although i havent played DHA). Sacred 2 is love or hate. A risk to buy for sure. If you are ok with third person rpg's Demons/Dark souls are great. If you want single player i personally found Demons Souls more fun, but dark souls is bigger, more open and has better online.
brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#8 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

Hi, I need something new to play. What is good out there that is similar to Fallout, Dragon Age, and Skyrim? Mass Effect 3 looks good but it is not something I would normally play. TIA! StephanieMomtwoBoys

The Mass Effect games are really good, but go with ME2 instead, it's much better. If you want something that's open world and has RPG elements the afore-mentioned Borderlands is worth checking out. Also, try Skyrim's predecessor: Oblivion. Age hasn't been kind to it but it's still as detailed and expansive as ever.

MomtwoBoys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MomtwoBoys
Thanks guys! I have played all the Fall Out games. Have been thinking if switching back to World of Warcraft but that is so time consuming. I liked the old Call of Duty and Medal of Honor sort of games on the PC but never made the switch to a console. Tombraider was the fist game I ever played on PS and then did not play for years. Rediscovered playstation when my husband bought me Bioshock. Loved that. I am not a hardcore gamer but do play a lot. Thought I might try the new Call of Duty if I can find it used. Skyrim is nice but I had to start over when my old playstation went YLOD. Kingdoms of Amalur looks interesting but the low rating of 7.5 has me worried. There is so many games out there that I hate to get suckered in and buy something that sucks.
Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#10 Koi-Neon-X
Member since 2009 • 2148 Posts

Sword-Demon

Great recommendations! Borderlands is absolutely wonderful andBorderlands2looks smoking hot!

187umKILLAH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 187umKILLAH
Member since 2010 • 1414 Posts

Thanks guys! I have played all the Fall Out games. Have been thinking if switching back to World of Warcraft but that is so time consuming. I liked the old Call of Duty and Medal of Honor sort of games on the PC but never made the switch to a console. Tombraider was the fist game I ever played on PS and then did not play for years. Rediscovered playstation when my husband bought me Bioshock. Loved that. I am not a hardcore gamer but do play a lot. Thought I might try the new Call of Duty if I can find it used. Skyrim is nice but I had to start over when my old playstation went YLOD. Kingdoms of Amalur looks interesting but the low rating of 7.5 has me worried. There is so many games out there that I hate to get suckered in and buy something that sucks.MomtwoBoys
7.5 a low rating? I don't think so. 5 is average, anything below that is a low rating. Anyway who the hell lives their lives by one persons game score opinion? If in doubt try the game and form your own opinion, KoA: Reckoning to me is the best game released so far this year. Basically a single player WoW game with lots of loot, it has its issues but overall I have no regrets purchasing this game.

Danituga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Danituga
Member since 2009 • 561 Posts
I can reccomend you L.A. Noire. This game is just awesome!
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#13 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
Try Borderlands?
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MonkeySpot

[QUOTE="Sword-Demon"][QUOTE="MonkeySpot"]

Grimlim

i think its a good suggestion. TC if you like FPS i would recommend deus ex Human revolution and bioshock (creepy game) I dont know too many games like TES on ps3. Diablo likes there are Sacred 2 and Dungeon hunter alliance (although i havent played DHA). Sacred 2 is love or hate. A risk to buy for sure. If you are ok with third person rpg's Demons/Dark souls are great. If you want single player i personally found Demons Souls more fun, but dark souls is bigger, more open and has better online.

Sorry to all... I had a thought and then I changed direction in mid type... I do that sometimes, I type very much like I talk in everyday conversation so I don't go back and edit myself much... I just, y'know, change direction... I second-guessed my conviction in that "Borderlands" may be very RPG-like, I don't know personally, hence, the change of direction and something I thought i could actually speak to with some experience.

:D

Trying to keep my posts in a positive feel this year!

NightStein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 NightStein
Member since 2009 • 1084 Posts

[QUOTE="MomtwoBoys"]Thanks guys! I have played all the Fall Out games. Have been thinking if switching back to World of Warcraft but that is so time consuming. I liked the old Call of Duty and Medal of Honor sort of games on the PC but never made the switch to a console. Tombraider was the fist game I ever played on PS and then did not play for years. Rediscovered playstation when my husband bought me Bioshock. Loved that. I am not a hardcore gamer but do play a lot. Thought I might try the new Call of Duty if I can find it used. Skyrim is nice but I had to start over when my old playstation went YLOD. Kingdoms of Amalur looks interesting but the low rating of 7.5 has me worried. There is so many games out there that I hate to get suckered in and buy something that sucks.187umKILLAH

7.5 a low rating? I don't think so. 5 is average, anything below that is a low rating. Anyway who the hell lives their lives by one persons game score opinion? If in doubt try the game and form your own opinion, KoA: Reckoning to me is the best game released so far this year. Basically a single player WoW game with lots of loot, it has its issues but overall I have no regrets purchasing this game.

You should know that over 300 ppl have scored Kingdoms Of Amalur with the overall score of 8.6 so that review Gamespot made it's not that accurate, though you should wait for a price drop on it since it's a new game. Demon's/Dark Souls are not for everyone, they're really difficult games though very rewarding experiences. I would go for Oblivion if you didn't played it.
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MonkeySpot

[QUOTE="187umKILLAH"]

[QUOTE="MomtwoBoys"]Thanks guys! I have played all the Fall Out games. Have been thinking if switching back to World of Warcraft but that is so time consuming. I liked the old Call of Duty and Medal of Honor sort of games on the PC but never made the switch to a console. Tombraider was the fist game I ever played on PS and then did not play for years. Rediscovered playstation when my husband bought me Bioshock. Loved that. I am not a hardcore gamer but do play a lot. Thought I might try the new Call of Duty if I can find it used. Skyrim is nice but I had to start over when my old playstation went YLOD. Kingdoms of Amalur looks interesting but the low rating of 7.5 has me worried. There is so many games out there that I hate to get suckered in and buy something that sucks.NightStein

You should know that over 300 ppl have scored Kingdoms Of Amalur with the overall score of 8.6 so that review Gamespot made it's not that accurate, though you should wait for a price drop on it since it's a new game. Demon's/Dark Souls are not for everyone, they're really difficult games though very rewarding experiences. I would go for Oblivion if you didn't played it.

If you watch the vid-review or listen to the podcasts, they (GS) were very pleased with "Amalur". 7.5 on this site means it's a completely functional game and if you enjoy the genre, then it's a good purchase. I don't see the problem with a 7.5 at all.

MomtwoBoys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MomtwoBoys
I tend to be very picky about games. Takes me forever to choose something. I just briefly looked at KoA rating but have not had a chance to read user reviews. Have been studying for an exam. Was also looking at I Am Alive. Thanks for the feedback.