Rate my new setup against my old setup. (I think the old one was better)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

version2pnt0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 version2pnt0
Member since 2005 • 424 Posts
Had to get a new set up because my beautiful wife wanted her living room back.

Here is the old set up. I liked it well enough.
42” HD Panasonic
Sony surround sound
PS3

Moved it all downstairs where it is nice and cool.
Bought a 32” HD Westinghouse TV
Bought a new Sony surround sound
Moved the PS3
Also bought a 120 GB external hard drive. (I wish Sony would have put at least one USB port in the back for this) I hate wires showing!

walton13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 walton13
Member since 2005 • 2171 Posts
Excellent work hiding as many wires as you can Where do they lead into the tv? Other than the fact that you have a HDD sitting on a rumbling sub woofer (I think thats what it is), its good!
rosssca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 rosssca
Member since 2005 • 445 Posts
I have to agree. The old setup was better. How do you like the 42in panasonic?
Imallvol7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Imallvol7
Member since 2003 • 7566 Posts
whats with all the rate me's today. I like all your stuff, its just looks too tiny for the space.
walton13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 walton13
Member since 2005 • 2171 Posts
[QUOTE="Imallvol7"]whats with all the rate me's today. I like all your stuff, its just looks too tiny for the space.

Such a hater. LOL j/p
version2pnt0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 version2pnt0
[QUOTE="walton13"]Excellent work hiding as many wires as you can Where do they lead into the tv? Other than the fact that you have a HDD sitting on a rumbling sub woofer (I think thats what it is), its good!

The other side of the wall is unfinished. drilled holes and it was really easy to do.  Yes it is a sub woofer.

I have to agree. The old setup was better. How do you like the 42in Panasonic?rosssca
The 42" Panasonic is awesome.  I would recommend buying one.  I would have for my new set up but it was $1300.
$600 for the Westinghouse and its a good enough TV IMO.

I would give myself a 9 on the old setup.
I would rate my new one an 8.5. (Because of the smaller TV) Not bad really.
Avatar image for qoakzmwisjxneud
qoakzmwisjxneud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 qoakzmwisjxneud
Member since 2005 • 775 Posts
old setup was nicer, but if you painted the wall behind the tv in your new setup a nice yellow or wateva, i would have to go with the new setup
version2pnt0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 version2pnt0
[QUOTE="Imallvol7"]whats with all the rate me's today. I like all your stuff, its just looks too tiny for the space.

Keep in mind I moved my seat back about 2' to be able to fit it all in the pic.  It really does look better in real life.
version2pnt0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 version2pnt0
old setup was nicer, but if you painted the wall behind the tv in your new setup a nice yellow or wateva, i would have to go with the new setupqoakzmwisjxneud
Haha! Funny you would bring that up. The wall is actually a very light pink color.:roll: Why do you say to paint it yellow?
Imallvol7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Imallvol7
[QUOTE="version2pnt0"][QUOTE="Imallvol7"]whats with all the rate me's today. I like all your stuff, its just looks too tiny for the space.

Keep in mind I moved my seat back about 2' to be able to fit it all in the pic. It really does look better in real life.

ahhhh. So the rooms not that big. Gotcha. I love the stuff. I am longing for a surround sound system.
version2pnt0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 version2pnt0
[QUOTE="Imallvol7"][QUOTE="version2pnt0"][QUOTE="Imallvol7"]whats with all the rate me's today. I like all your stuff, its just looks too tiny for the space.

Keep in mind I moved my seat back about 2' to be able to fit it all in the pic. It really does look better in real life.

ahhhh. So the rooms not that big. Gotcha. I love the stuff.

No the room is smaller than it looks.

I am longing for a surround sound system.Imallvol7
Got mine for around $150 at Best Buy about a month ago. Not the best but it works fine. I hear things all around me in Resistance. The audio is awesome in that game.
Imallvol7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Imallvol7
[QUOTE="version2pnt0"][QUOTE="Imallvol7"][QUOTE="version2pnt0"][QUOTE="Imallvol7"]whats with all the rate me's today. I like all your stuff, its just looks too tiny for the space.

Got mine for around $150 at Best Buy about a month ago. Not the best but it works fine. I hear things all around me in Resistance. The audio is awesome in that game.

well see, im in a situation. I have 250$ right now to spend. I really want to get a 7.1 surrround receive and build my own surround system off of that. But then, VF5, motorstorm, god of war 2, heavenly sword, flow, calling all cars, and The Prestige on Blu Ray are all coming out in the next month. I also want a 360. WHERE DOES THE MONEY GO?!?!?!?!? I cant decide.
BroweChisox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BroweChisox
Member since 2003 • 1104 Posts
Whats up with the Sony receivers? Do you not like high quality sound?
Imallvol7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Imallvol7
Whats up with the Sony receivers? Do you not like high quality sound?BroweChisox
what are you going to say is better?
version2pnt0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 version2pnt0
[QUOTE="Imallvol7"][QUOTE="version2pnt0"][QUOTE="Imallvol7"][QUOTE="version2pnt0"][QUOTE="Imallvol7"]whats with all the rate me's today. I like all your stuff, its just looks too tiny for the space.

well see, im in a situation. I have 250$ right now to spend. I really want to get a 7.1 surrround receive and build my own surround system off of that. But then, VF5, motorstorm, god of war 2, heavenly sword, flow, calling all cars, and The Prestige on Blu Ray are all coming out in the next month. I also want a 360. WHERE DOES THE MONEY GO?!?!?!?!? I cant decide.

I completely understand. You get what you can afford. You try and get the best buy you can at the time.

I want the Wii and the 360 and someday I will have them both but I got the system that I feel has the most potential first (and the most expensive). I also have a wife and we are working on a family so time for these things is ticking. tic.... tic.... tic.:D

You just do what you can when you can do it.

Whats up with the Sony receivers? Do you not like high quality sound?BroweChisox
See above statement. I will not disagree with you.
BroweChisox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BroweChisox
[QUOTE="BroweChisox"]Whats up with the Sony receivers? Do you not like high quality sound?Imallvol7

--- Almost any mainstream receiver: Denon, Onkyo, Marantz, Harmon Kardon, Yamaha...(but obviously not ones found in 99% of HTIBs).
Imallvol7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Imallvol7
[QUOTE="Imallvol7"][QUOTE="BroweChisox"]Whats up with the Sony receivers? Do you not like high quality sound?BroweChisox

--- Almost any mainstream receiver: Denon, Onkyo, Marantz, Harmon Kardon, Yamaha...(but obviously not ones found in 99% of HTIBs).

ok, i was trying to catch you by saing bose, but you have passed your first test, lol I was betting you would say Onkyo though.  Thats what I am looking at for my surround.  For my first surround, i got a HTIB, but i now realize i want to build my own because htib just doesnt deliver.  (i also want 7.1 with hdmi input)
Avatar image for PaintballinDude
PaintballinDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 PaintballinDude
Member since 2004 • 1092 Posts
What the hell happened to all the pioneer recievers/systems. I remember back in the day those where unbeatable.
BroweChisox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BroweChisox
[QUOTE="BroweChisox"][QUOTE="Imallvol7"][QUOTE="BroweChisox"]Whats up with the Sony receivers? Do you not like high quality sound?Imallvol7

ok, i was trying to catch you by saing bose, but you have passed your first test, lol I was betting you would say Onkyo though. Thats what I am looking at for my surround. For my first surround, i got a HTIB, but i now realize i want to build my own because htib just doesnt deliver. (i also want 7.1 with hdmi input)

Oh, I am ISF certified so I know a little about the ins and outs of home theater. I would recommend you look at Denon. Anything about the 2307ci will handle uncompressed pcm through HDMI. Denon is also the only manufacturer without the 10db LFE glitch. For speakers, how about an HSU sub with 7 speakers from www.av123.com or HTD.com. Two great places to get speakers from with great return policies. I highly recommend the rocket series from av123
Imallvol7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Imallvol7
[QUOTE="Imallvol7"][QUOTE="BroweChisox"][QUOTE="Imallvol7"][QUOTE="BroweChisox"]Whats up with the Sony receivers? Do you not like high quality sound?BroweChisox

ok, i was trying to catch you by saing bose, but you have passed your first test, lol I was betting you would say Onkyo though. Thats what I am looking at for my surround. For my first surround, i got a HTIB, but i now realize i want to build my own because htib just doesnt deliver. (i also want 7.1 with hdmi input)

Oh, I am ISF certified so I know a little about the ins and outs of home theater. I would recommend you look at Denon. Anything about the 2307ci will handle uncompressed pcm through HDMI. Denon is also the only manufacturer without the 10db LFE glitch. For speakers, how about an HSU sub with 7 speakers from www.av123.com or HTD.com. Two great places to get speakers from with great return policies. I highly recommend the rocket series from av123

awesome, thanks!!!
lg_style_510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lg_style_510
Member since 2005 • 81 Posts
Had to get a new set up because my beautiful wife wanted her living room back.

Here is the old set up. I liked it well enough.
42” HD Panasonic
Sony surround sound
PS3

Moved it all downstairs where it is nice and cool.
Bought a 32” HD Westinghouse TV
Bought a new Sony surround sound
Moved the PS3
Also bought a 120 GB external hard drive. (I wish Sony would have put at least one USB port in the back for this) I hate wires showing!

version2pnt0

How is that Westinghouse? I'm thinking of getting a 32 in or 27in? Is the quality as good as the price?