"The Orange Box" Later this Dec. for Ps3, Why ?!!!!

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

virriador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 virriador
Member since 2006 • 189 Posts

Are they making it better for the ps3 ? orwhat?!! Do you guys know anything about this delay on the ps3?

Avatar image for JustWiicredible
JustWiicredible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 JustWiicredible
Member since 2007 • 1908 Posts
Probably because the Ps3 is so hard to develop for. It better land before Xmas or i'm turning my 360 back on.
JustWiicredible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JustWiicredible

[QUOTE="JustWiicredible"]Probably because the Ps3 is so hard to develop for. It better land before Xmas or i'm turning my 360 back on.gsf

if it actually will turn on

I'm on my third. No Lol. Lost alot of money due to 'red rings of death' syndrome

coldkill19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 coldkill19
Member since 2007 • 1658 Posts
I know this is pure bull****.
Joncon88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Joncon88
Member since 2007 • 267 Posts
i'm trading in my 360 version when the PS3 version comes out.... i wish i could get PC version, but my PC is a piece :(
OmegaOrtega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 OmegaOrtega
Member since 2004 • 4502 Posts
[QUOTE="gsf"]

[QUOTE="JustWiicredible"]Probably because the Ps3 is so hard to develop for. It better land before Xmas or i'm turning my 360 back on.JustWiicredible

I'm on my third. No Lol. Lost alot of money due to 'red rings of death' syndrome

Comments like this keep scarring me from getting a 360.

excelR83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 excelR83
Member since 2003 • 2932 Posts
Because Gabe Newell is a knob. He bashed the PS3 a while back. He likes the 360 more because it's practically a PC, which is the only platform he cares about. The port is being left to EA, so you can expect dramatically different results from the PS3 version. 9.5 for the PC and 360, and even if the port is a 9.0 game, take away another .5 just because it's PS3, and you have an 8.5. If they don't stoop that low, they will just take away several of the medals, specifically in the graphics department. Just watch.
JustWiicredible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JustWiicredible
[QUOTE="JustWiicredible"][QUOTE="gsf"]

[QUOTE="JustWiicredible"]Probably because the Ps3 is so hard to develop for. It better land before Xmas or i'm turning my 360 back on.OmegaOrtega

Wish i had some alienware instead of this oversized calculater, then i could play Crysis aswell.

virriador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 virriador
Member since 2006 • 189 Posts
I hopethe ps3 version look better than the 360's(and it should)or = pc(with the recommended upgrade)when it come out.
stygiansanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 stygiansanity
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts
it's not being made better, it just takes longer to port onto the ps3 and get it running smoothely.
FireFalkon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 FireFalkon
Member since 2004 • 866 Posts
360's hardware is almost the same as PC hardware, so it's easier to port from PC to 360 than from PC to PS3, IF the ps3 had a userbase bigger than 360's MAYBE valve would give priority to ps3's development , but the ps3 doesn't have a userbase bigger than 360's so valve didn't.
unasyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 unasyn
Member since 2007 • 318 Posts

Are they making it better for the ps3 ?

virriador

Yes.

PMatt722

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PMatt722
Member since 2007 • 935 Posts
[QUOTE="virriador"]

unasyn

Yes.

lol just like skate, madden, and fear hmm i guess owned :)

Jamie_1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jamie_1987
Member since 2006 • 1822 Posts
you can thank EA for the delay, it probably wont even be out by dec. and who knows how the framerate will be, 360 version for me.
Dunta22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 Dunta22
Member since 2006 • 105 Posts
wow who cares...this game doesnt appeal to me at all anyways i dont even like the 360 version and i prolly wont like the ps3 version either. It just doesnt look that fun IMO
airg6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 airg6
Member since 2006 • 4390 Posts

[QUOTE="JustWiicredible"]Probably because the Ps3 is so hard to develop for. It better land before Xmas or i'm turning my 360 back on.OmegaOrtega

Dont let them. The 360 is a great machine. Although im on my third. But then again the ps3 is a great machine aswell.
truenextgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 truenextgen
Member since 2007 • 3911 Posts
Because the technology in a PS3 is much higher thus harder. To put it simple. And if you see what EA does with vary new high tech stuff as of late, their not real good with it. Its like trying to drive a jet, when you only been riding a bike. :P Chances are if you only know how to ride a bike, you fly a jet into the ground. At least the first few trys.
airg6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 airg6
[QUOTE="unasyn"][QUOTE="virriador"]

PMatt722

Yes.

How are they better for the ps3. Explain. Especially madden.
PenguinHero7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 PenguinHero7
Member since 2007 • 624 Posts
Ubisoft admitted that the version of graw2 for the ps3 was easier to code than the 360 version, I guess some games are harder to code than others, and this was one of them.
truenextgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 truenextgen
[QUOTE="PMatt722"][QUOTE="unasyn"][QUOTE="virriador"]

airg6

Yes.

Their not, They made the mistake "so they say" of trying to make them better. Which is a lame excuse for 30fps. Im sure they wont make that mistake twice. Or when they do figure out how the machine works. Only then will they press any fancy buttons lol.

airg6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 airg6
[QUOTE="airg6"][QUOTE="PMatt722"][QUOTE="unasyn"][QUOTE="virriador"]

truenextgen

Yes.

Their not, They made the mistake "so they say" of trying to make them better. Which is a lame excuse for 30fps. Im sure they wont make that mistake twice. Or when they do figure out how the machine works. Only then will they press any fancy buttons lol.

I agree. Ea has had more time to dovelop for the 360. But in a couple of years im sure the ps3 will have much better graphics,features and gameplay.
jchaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jchaff
Member since 2007 • 1063 Posts
LMAO!!!:lol:
jchaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jchaff
Member since 2007 • 1063 Posts
LMAO!!!:lol:
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts
Hasn't the Dec released date been known since the summer? Why moan and groan about it now?
Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts
Valve is not doing the PS3 version for some reason. i guess it's because they usually work with DirectX so EA is handling the port. Hope they do a good job but judging from the track record all you can do is hope for the best.
krunkfu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 krunkfu2
Member since 2007 • 4218 Posts
it's not being made better, it just takes longer to port onto the ps3 and get it running smoothely.stygiansanity
truenextgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 truenextgen

Valve is not doing the PS3 version for some reason. i guess it's because they usually work with DirectX so they outsourced it to EA. Hope they do a good job but judging from the track record all you can do is hope for the best.Deihmos

Ughh. So their kinda just coping and pasting it, "in basic terms," And with EA, That don't sound to good. Im sure others could get that thing as smooth as ice, but EA?

Welp,, looks like COD and Haze "as far as FPSers"next month, and for the holidays :)

You almost have to think at this rate, EA is gonna look so bad in a few years. But than again after 08, and PS3 standards fly up. Watch them make a spectacular looking Madden next. It will almost have to be a must do for them, after a Killzone and MGS 4 are shown on the system.

OmegaOrtega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#30 OmegaOrtega
Member since 2004 • 4502 Posts
[QUOTE="OmegaOrtega"][QUOTE="JustWiicredible"][QUOTE="gsf"]

[QUOTE="JustWiicredible"]Probably because the Ps3 is so hard to develop for. It better land before Xmas or i'm turning my 360 back on.airg6

Dont let them. The 360 is a great machine. Although im on my third. But then again the ps3 is a great machine aswell.

Dude you just said you on on your 3rd 360. You added to me not wanting one lol.

I'll just wait.

11_17_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 11_17_06
Member since 2006 • 765 Posts

I will wait nothing is rushing.

teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 teebeenz
Member since 2006 • 4362 Posts

Are they making it better for the ps3 ? orwhat?!! Do you guys know anything about this delay on the ps3?

virriador
Different teams take different time.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50575 Posts
[QUOTE="OmegaOrtega"][QUOTE="JustWiicredible"][QUOTE="gsf"]

[QUOTE="JustWiicredible"]Probably because the Ps3 is so hard to develop for. It better land before Xmas or i'm turning my 360 back on.airg6

Not to turn this into SW, but 360 is a peice of **** machine with good games lol.

I'm waiting on the ps3 version to pick this game up.

67gt500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 67gt500
Member since 2003 • 4627 Posts
I was miffed about the delay as well, but I bought the xbox 360 version of it today and I can tell you that if the PS3 version ends up being only half as good, it will still be well worth the wait...
Maverick128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Maverick128
Member since 2006 • 950 Posts

The 360 is a great machine. Although im on my third.airg6

LMFAO :lol: :P

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts
EA... nuff said
BajenVaNamnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BajenVaNamnet
Member since 2004 • 397 Posts

Because Gabe Newell is a knob. He bashed the PS3 a while back. He likes the 360 more because it's practically a PC, which is the only platform he cares about. The port is being left to EA, so you can expect dramatically different results from the PS3 version. 9.5 for the PC and 360, and even if the port is a 9.0 game, take away another .5 just because it's PS3, and you have an 8.5. If they don't stoop that low, they will just take away several of the medals, specifically in the graphics department. Just watch. excelR83

The Swedish magazine Gamereactor have got the PS3 version and they wrote that its just as good as the 360 version. So no, you wrong.

Mecamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Mecamatt
Member since 2006 • 1337 Posts

30% of all 360's. But you can get a new one for free anyway. So it's not like it matters. People just over exaggerate the problem.

dazman78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 dazman78
Member since 2007 • 53 Posts

If you can afford a 360, I would advise you to get it. Afterall you can experience excellent games like GeoW, Bioshock etc.

For me the games I buy for my 360 is the one that are not on PS3. As for the multiplatform games + PS3 exclusives, that is what my PS3 is for.

Schumi7WDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Schumi7WDC
Member since 2004 • 1689 Posts

[QUOTE="excelR83"]Because Gabe Newell is a knob. He bashed the PS3 a while back. He likes the 360 more because it's practically a PC, which is the only platform he cares about. The port is being left to EA, so you can expect dramatically different results from the PS3 version. 9.5 for the PC and 360, and even if the port is a 9.0 game, take away another .5 just because it's PS3, and you have an 8.5. If they don't stoop that low, they will just take away several of the medals, specifically in the graphics department. Just watch. BajenVaNamnet

The Swedish magazine Gamereactor have got the PS3 version and they wrote that its just as good as the 360 version. So no, you wrong.

No, they are wrong, or you are. If at this point in time, there was a PS3 version that was just as good as the 360 version, then the damned game would be out at the same time. There is no way there is a 2 month delay just because. There are obviously issues that need resolving and whether EA can get the job done or not is yet to be seen, but Gamereactor is a complete POS magazine if they are claiming that they have a finished build of the PS3 version 2 or 3 months (depending on when the issue went to press) ahead of it's release, and are claiming it's identical to the 360 version, but yet it's delayed 2 months.

donmohsin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#41 donmohsin
Member since 2003 • 1083 Posts

Because Gabe Newell is a knob. He bashed the PS3 a while back. He likes the 360 more because it's practically a PC, which is the only platform he cares about. The port is being left to EA, so you can expect dramatically different results from the PS3 version. 9.5 for the PC and 360, and even if the port is a 9.0 game, take away another .5 just because it's PS3, and you have an 8.5. If they don't stoop that low, they will just take away several of the medals, specifically in the graphics department. Just watch. excelR83

I agree. The PS3 version will get dumbed down and gamespot will end up giving something much lower than the other platforms.

Lo_Rising

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Lo_Rising
Member since 2007 • 930 Posts

Because the technology in a PS3 is much higher thus harder. To put it simple. And if you see what EA does with vary new high tech stuff as of late, their not real good with it. Its like trying to drive a jet, when you only been riding a bike. :P Chances are if you only know how to ride a bike, you fly a jet into the ground. At least the first few trys.truenextgen

high on what, and i thought that you flewjets not drive them.

PMatt722

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 PMatt722
Member since 2007 • 935 Posts

[QUOTE="excelR83"]Because Gabe Newell is a knob. He bashed the PS3 a while back. He likes the 360 more because it's practically a PC, which is the only platform he cares about. The port is being left to EA, so you can expect dramatically different results from the PS3 version. 9.5 for the PC and 360, and even if the port is a 9.0 game, take away another .5 just because it's PS3, and you have an 8.5. If they don't stoop that low, they will just take away several of the medals, specifically in the graphics department. Just watch. donmohsin

I agree. The PS3 version will get dumbed down and gamespot will end up giving something much lower than the other platforms.

your right, not like it hasnt happened before, the PS3 just cant run games as smoothly as the 360 can, and this game will show its true colors

deadkingdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deadkingdg
Member since 2005 • 4252 Posts
[QUOTE="PMatt722"][QUOTE="unasyn"][QUOTE="virriador"]

airg6

Yes.

Don't you know what sarcasm is? -_-

maaskesr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 maaskesr
Member since 2004 • 163 Posts
Well my 360 just broke (not RROD, so I have to pay for it), and I don't have a good gaming PC, so I'll just be waiting for the PS3 version. I think I'll probably start doing that for all multiplats, since I can't play my 360 when it's in the shop....
espoac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#46 espoac
Member since 2005 • 4342 Posts
The fact that the load times and visuals are only so-so on that "other" console which is basically a PC is pretty good proof that the PS3 version will be sub-par. I thought Valve was supposed to be a company of technical wizardry or something? I find that it's the companies who do the least whining and complaining about the PS3's hardware being difficult (when it's just different because devs are used to PCs) are the devs who achieve the best results. Look at Bethesda, Insomniac, Naughty Dog and Epic. In fact the latter three are making some of the most the most graphically advanced games that will come out in the next 6 months on any system, for PS3. And you never see them complaining about the hardware. So in conclusion Valve, SUCK IT!
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#47 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
Gabe Newell has been very frustrated with Sony's dev kits in particular, equating the PS3 dev kits to a "cluster ****" of a thing to work with. Not to say that the transition from PC to 360/PS3 hasn't been difficult when starting from native PC code (thank you, Microsoft :evil: ). But of the two, he mentioned how he had a much easier time migrating the Source engine to the 360 over the PS3...
G10mgs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 G10mgs4
Member since 2007 • 1490 Posts
Its because gabe let ea handle the ps3 port like a shamefull fat basterd that he is.he is crying because of how hard the ps3 is to dev for.....let him go play with nuaghty dog
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#49 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
Its because gabe let ea handle the ps3 port like a shamefull fat basterd that he is.he is crying because of how hard the ps3 is to dev for.....let him go play with nuaghty dogG10mgs4
Naughty Dog would be considered a second-party developer for Sony (since they pretty much exclusively dev for the PlayStation), where VALVe (and EA) in this case, would be purely a third-party developer. Naughty Dog would have had more time with the PS3 hardware and getting to learn its ins and outs before trying to make a game for it, therefore are able to know tricks that some (or most) third-party devs won't. How else can you explain that the only two games for the PS2 capable of HD resolutions (1080i) came from Polyphony Digital, which spent more than four years working with the PS2 hardware to make it possible?
unimpendium115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 unimpendium115
Member since 2006 • 1542 Posts
I cant wait that long for OB! its times like this i stop thinking im stupid for buying both a PS3 and 360 Elite as i think OB is out in a couple of weeks on the other console,im sure i will rent the game for PS3 and if its different enough to warrant a purchase i would trade in the 360 version for the PS3 version. All these delays dont bother me as it worked out having both,it also makes you respect both platforms and stops you being a onesided fanboy. I would recommend buying both to all of you for this very reason.