This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by A7xhto (69 posts) -

Ok so I only have a PS Vita System and no PS3 Console, I was wondering if I could buy PS3 cross buy games like Playstation All Stars and get the free download for the Vita version, then I can sell the PS3 copy? ooor will I run into some problems like, I need a PS3 to activate the free cross buy copy for the vita? this would save me soo much money lol.. thx for any info.

#2 Posted by Chickan_117 (16329 posts) -

I thought the cross buy feature was only available for digital copies of games.

Even if it's not, TBH I'd be surprised if Sony gave you the option to exploit that feature in the way you suggest.

Edit : Just looked it up and their promos seem to suggest that purchasing a physical copy of the PS3 game will entitle you to a free download of the Vita version. It will be interesting to see how they deal with what you mentioned in your post.

#3 Posted by A7xhto (69 posts) -

yea I kinda have a feeling there will be something that wont allow this... although I do have access to my friends PS3 if that is needed in some way

#4 Posted by Chickan_117 (16329 posts) -

Or, and call me crazy here, you could just buy the game legally.

#5 Posted by Granpire (2749 posts) -
There's nothing illegal going on here, just possibly exploiting the Cross-buy system. Personally, I don't think it'd be worth it. Does Gamestop actually take into account things like online vouchers when assessing trade-ins? Even supposing you could save 5-10$, wouldn't you save the same just buying digitally? What with the lack of tax(depending on your region) and 10% discount, I usually end up saving 10$ by buying digital.
#6 Posted by Chickan_117 (16329 posts) -

Sorry, misread your post and thought you were talking about account sharing.

In answer to your question I import all my games from ozgameshop and end up paying about $20-$30 less than digital or retail (in Aus anyway). PC is a different story however :)

#7 Posted by A7xhto (69 posts) -
[QUOTE="Granpire"]There's nothing illegal going on here, just possibly exploiting the Cross-buy system. Personally, I don't think it'd be worth it. Does Gamestop actually take into account things like online vouchers when assessing trade-ins? Even supposing you could save 5-10$, wouldn't you save the same just buying digitally? What with the lack of tax(depending on your region) and 10% discount, I usually end up saving 10$ by buying digital.

Well tbh I would never trade/sell my games to gamestop or any game store for that matter.. Bunch of scammers lol. Craigslist would be my choice, I can sell the game back for almost full price. Sony really overlooked this..
#8 Posted by Granpire (2749 posts) -
Hmm, that's true. But if the game's got an online pass, then you're screwed.
#9 Posted by A7xhto (69 posts) -
[QUOTE="Granpire"]Hmm, that's true. But if the game's got an online pass, then you're screwed.

awwww crap, I didn't think of that lmao. I'm guessing it most likely will have one too -_-
#10 Posted by Granpire (2749 posts) -
Probably. I just thought of that when I posted that too. :P