Quick ques about MGS4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 odin2019
Member since 2006 • 4677 Posts
How come in MGS2 snake looks so young and in MGS4 he is so old? Also, how come everyone else looks like they are the same age in MGS2 as in MGS4 except for Snake?
Avatar image for xXModern_MythXx
xXModern_MythXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 xXModern_MythXx
Member since 2008 • 125 Posts

How come in MGS2 snake looks so young and in MGS4 he is so old? Also, how come everyone else looks like they are the same age in MGS2 as in MGS4 except for Snake?odin2019

Your not a big fan of the series then lol - Well basically Snake was doomed from birth, because he is a clone he is prone to rapid cell breakdown/degeneration which causes his increased ageing. Really he is only around mid 40s.

odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 odin2019

[QUOTE="odin2019"]How come in MGS2 snake looks so young and in MGS4 he is so old? Also, how come everyone else looks like they are the same age in MGS2 as in MGS4 except for Snake?xXModern_MythXx

Your not a big fan of the series then - Well basically Snake was doomed from birth, because he is a clone he is prone to rapid cell breakdown or something which causes his increased ageing. really he is only around 43-45.

I am a big fan of the series its the game didn't release a demo and money is tight so I gotta make sure I like something before I buy it. I also, need a new tv, new hd for ps3, and one or two psn cards. I'm low on cash and the list is long on things I need/want.

A clone? That sounds a bit far fetched since the game took back in an age awhile ago with MGS3. So let me get this straight in about 7 or 8 years after MGS2 snake is an old man just like that? Between the time frame of MGS2 and MGS3 is alot of time.

xXModern_MythXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 xXModern_MythXx
[QUOTE="xXModern_MythXx"]

[QUOTE="odin2019"]How come in MGS2 snake looks so young and in MGS4 he is so old? Also, how come everyone else looks like they are the same age in MGS2 as in MGS4 except for Snake?odin2019

Your not a big fan of the series then - Well basically Snake was doomed from birth, because he is a clone he is prone to rapid cell breakdown or something which causes his increased ageing. really he is only around 43-45.

I am a big fan of the series its the game didn't release a demo and money is tight so I gotta make sure I like something before I buy it. I also, need a new tv, new hd for ps3, and one or two psn cards. I'm low on cash and the list is long on things I need/want.

A clone? That sounds a bit far fetched since the game took back in an age awhile ago with MGS3.

Fair enough - Im low on cash too - I traded in GTA IV for MGS4, any ideas how I can get it back without ridding of MGS4? - But anyway, MGS 3 doesnt involve Solid Snake, MGS3 is set before Solid Snake was born. In MGS3 you play as Big Boss which is indeed the father of Liquid, Solid and Solidus, who are his clones. After MGS3 there is aload of plot which I wont tell you, Play every game and follow them carefully, ESPECIALLY the 4th one when you buy it...everything will be revealed for you :) ...Good Luck - The MGS series is extremely complex and well linked between each game - It takes time to understand everything and even im not sure of some things yet - Concentrate on every word said and get used to who is who including organisations, politics everything -

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#5 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

[QUOTE="odin2019"]How come in MGS2 snake looks so young and in MGS4 he is so old? Also, how come everyone else looks like they are the same age in MGS2 as in MGS4 except for Snake?odin2019

A clone? That sounds a bit far fetched since the game took back in an age awhile ago with MGS3. So let me get this straight in about 7 or 8 years after MGS2 snake is an old man just like that? Between the time frame of MGS2 and MGS3 is alot of time.

You're a big fan and don't have a clue why his appearance has changed? That's like someone saying they're a fan of dbz and asking why kame & piccolo look alike.
odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 odin2019
[QUOTE="odin2019"][QUOTE="xXModern_MythXx"]

[QUOTE="odin2019"]How come in MGS2 snake looks so young and in MGS4 he is so old? Also, how come everyone else looks like they are the same age in MGS2 as in MGS4 except for Snake?xXModern_MythXx

A clone? That sounds a bit far fetched since the game took back in an age awhile ago with MGS3.

Fair enough - Im low on cash too - I traded in GTA IV for MGS4, any ideas how I can get it back without ridding of MGS4? - But anyway, MGS 3 doesnt involve Solid Snake, MGS3 is set before Solid Snake was born. In MGS3 you play as Big Boss which is indeed the father of Liquid, Solid and Solidus, who are his clones. After MGS3 there is aload of plot which I wont tell you, Play every game and follow them carefully, ESPECIALLY the 4th one when you buy it...everything will be revealed for you :) ...Good Luck

Ok thanks for the info because I do plan to play and probably buy MGS4 in the not too distant future. Anyway why would you want GTA4 back just go buy GT San Andreas for like $20 it offers you everything GTA4 does and then some.

odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 odin2019

[QUOTE="odin2019"]How come in MGS2 snake looks so young and in MGS4 he is so old? Also, how come everyone else looks like they are the same age in MGS2 as in MGS4 except for Snake?MusashiSensi

You're a big fan and don't have a clue why his appearance has changed? That's like someone saying they're a fan of dbz and asking why kame & piccolo look alike.

Well I guess so but after playing the last three games in the series the word clone is barely mentioned in anyone of those games if I remember correctly.

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MusashiSensi
[QUOTE="MusashiSensi"][QUOTE="odin2019"][QUOTE="xXModern_MythXx"]

Well I guess so but after playing the last three games in the series the word clone is barely mentioned in anyone of those games if I remember correctly.

Guy, clone was mentioned by liquid in mgs1. Come on now.
xXModern_MythXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 xXModern_MythXx
[QUOTE="MusashiSensi"][QUOTE="odin2019"][QUOTE="xXModern_MythXx"]

Clone has been mentioned numerous times, 4 is a finale hence everything becomes clear, Every previous game will all become clear, but you need to make sure you understand the previous games before you play 4. Just my recomendation anyway - If you have all the previous games u need to play and complete in this order MGS3, MGS1, MGS2 -

odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 odin2019

Ok well its been about 10 years since I touched MGS1. He mentions clone then but its been awhile since I played that game but as far as I remember MGS2 and MGS3 don't mention clones. And its not like your going to destroy the cloning lab in this games and its not like the enemies ever have a lab set up trying to take advantage of the technology either unless its done in MGS4. The MGS the series doesn't mention clones all that much.

xXModern_MythXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 xXModern_MythXx

Ok well its been about 10 years since I touched MGS1. He mentions clone then but its been awhile since I played that game but as far as I remember MGS2 and MGS3 don't mention clones. And its not like your going to destroy the cloning lab in this games and its not like the enemies ever have a lab set up trying to take advantage of the technology either unless its done in MGS4. The MGS the series doesn't mention clones all that much.

odin2019

Your going off balance :S - I didnt mention a Lab, Forget about the cloning, that was done after MGS3 and obviously before MGS1 so its no big deal - I dont know but youve really confused me there - Big Boss and his allies wanted to create the perfect soldier using Big Boss's genes because he himself was a great soldier - Thus, Liquid, Solidus and Solid was born from his genes - Thats all that matters about clones - Forget about clones now

odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 odin2019

Ok so maybe they do mention clones alot more but I don't remember them going into that much detailabout them like making some cutscenes about itthe game. You would think there would be some. I don't own MGS1 just beat the game along time ago....although I do like Raven, psychonmantis, and that ninja character were cool other than that the only thing that was really emphasised was the Metal Gear.

MGS2 is a big up in graphics and the first hour or so of the game rock at least while your on the ship. After that they dropped the ball big time with the whole raiden thing but I didn't enjoy the water tower thing or whatever all that much but the ship was killer.

MGS3 best mgs I've played to date and vamp, volcane, and the guy with the flamethrower were cool as hell.

xXModern_MythXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 xXModern_MythXx

Ok so maybe they do mention clones alot more but I don't remember them going into that much detial about them like making some cutscene about in the game. You would think there would be. I don't own MGS1 just beat the game along time ago....although I do like Raven, psychonmantis, and that ninja character were cool other than that the only thing that was really emphasised was the Metal Gear.

MGS2 is a big up in graphics and the first hour or so of the game rock at least while your on the ship. After that they dropped the ball big time with the whole raiden thing but I didn't enjoy the water tower thing or whatever all that much but the ship was killer.

MGS3 best mgs I've played to date and vamp, volcane, and the guy with the flamethrower were cool as hell.

odin2019

Dude, you really need to play every game again and concentrate - Vamp wasnt in MGS3

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MusashiSensi

odin2019
Cloning labs? Ooooooooik. Well, clones are not mentioned in mgs3, but they are mentioned in 1 & 2. Not that much of a fan yet alone a big one if you don't know that.
odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 odin2019
[QUOTE="odin2019"]

Ok so maybe they do mention clones alot more but I don't remember them going into that much detial about them like making some cutscene about in the game. You would think there would be. I don't own MGS1 just beat the game along time ago....although I do like Raven, psychonmantis, and that ninja character were cool other than that the only thing that was really emphasised was the Metal Gear.

xXModern_MythXx

Dude, you really need to play every game again and concentrate - Vamp wasnt in MGS3

Woops my bad vamp's in the second one. I constantly get that confused with the vampire/spider like character in MGS3 they are so similar. Its almost the same person it seems like.

xXModern_MythXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 xXModern_MythXx
[QUOTE="xXModern_MythXx"][QUOTE="odin2019"]

odin2019

Woops my bad vamp's in the second one. I constantly get that confused with the vampire/spider like character in MGS3 they are so similar. Its almost the same person it seems like.

I personally think the plot of the MGS series is one to be taken seriously not just the gameplay. its so complex, interesting and just plain awesome. Im trying to get you to understand it by telling you to concentrate on every game

odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 odin2019
[QUOTE="odin2019"]

MusashiSensi

Cloning labs? Ooooooooik. Well, clones are not mentioned in mgs3, but they are mentioned in 1 & 2. Not that much of a fan yet alone a big one if you don't know that.

I might not know everything about MGS the series but that doesn't mean I'm not a big fan. Liking something and having knowledge about something are two completely different things. I like playing the games and consider myself a fairly big fan seeing as I've played all the mgs games since the ps1 that have been released on the ps platform.

odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 odin2019
[QUOTE="odin2019"][QUOTE="xXModern_MythXx"][QUOTE="odin2019"]

xXModern_MythXx

I personally think the plot of the MGS series is one to be taken seriously not just the gameplay. its so complex, interesting and just plain awesome. Im trying to get you to understand it by telling you to concentrate on every game

I would go back and play MGS2 but storywise and based on how much I enjoyed the game don't amount to half of what I got out of MGS3. MGS1 is a good game but they never put the gamecube version out on the ps2 and I don't really want to play a ps1 version of the game. Too bad they didn't make the first MGS twin snakes version of the game available for download off of psn or else I would have played it again.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

Wow, you don't know anything about the story, yet you're a big fan..? I'm always low on cash and have to make my purchases count myself. That doesn't cause you not to know the story. I know the entire thing. You are aware that in MGS3, you played as Big Boss right? Do you know anything about cloning and it's consequences? Just say you don't know the story instead of giving some BS excuse lol

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts
[QUOTE="MusashiSensi"][QUOTE="odin2019"]

odin2019

I might not know everything about MGS the series but that doesn't mean I'm not a big fan. Liking something and having knowledge about something are two completely different things. I like playing the games and consider myself a fairly big fan seeing as I've played all the mgs games since the ps1 that have been released on the ps platform.

Um, define "big fan"? If you're a "fan" (never mind a BIG one) of something, you've atleast got to know a bit about what you're a fan of. How could you be a fan of something if you don't even know what it is?

king-micky207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 king-micky207
Member since 2006 • 668 Posts

just download the MGS database off PSN (don't worry it's free) and just read away , if you don't have online then just go to wikipedia.

PS: make sure that you download the data base according to your MGS4's copy region, example: i have an European copy of MGS4 so i go to my European PSN account and download it off the European store, it matters because if you beat MGS4 it's story section and spoilers gets unlocked in the data base.

Ripcurl530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#22 Ripcurl530
Member since 2007 • 649 Posts

In regard to your first question, it seems like you think that the snake in MGS2 (and 1) and MGS3 are the same snake. I think you might have missed the fact that the snake from MGS3 is Big Boss while in the others it's Solid Snake. Solid (as well as Solidus and Liquid) is a clone of Big Boss. The aging in the 4th game might make more sense

odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 odin2019
[QUOTE="odin2019"][QUOTE="MusashiSensi"][QUOTE="odin2019"]

Denji

Um, define "big fan"? If you're a "fan" (never mind a BIG one) of something, you've atleast got to know a bit about what you're a fan of. How could you be a fan of something if you don't even know what it is?

I know a bit about MGS games. The main character's name is snake skilled and trained in the arts of guns and cqc. Was taught cqc by the boss I think is her name who eventually turns early on snake in MGS3. In MGS games the usual enemy is a soldier like oppenent and you come across many of these in a single game. The games consist of multiple bossess who each possess certain weakness that you have to learn how to go about killing them. In MGS you can switch between 3rd to first person while shooting a gun to help improve accuarcy. I know the names of some of the main characters like volgan, raiden, vamp, sniper wolf, liquid ocelot, revolver ocelot, the big boss, the pain, the fear, the end, raven, etc....

MGS is a main action adventure game that is normally released for playstation consoles. Thats basically what MGS is and I'm a fan considering I like the games in general and have played MGS1, MGS2, MGS3.

odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 odin2019

In regard to your first question, it seems like you think that the snake in MGS2 (and 1) and MGS3 are the same snake. I think you might have missed the fact that the snake from MGS3 is Big Boss while in the others it's Solid Snake. Solid (as well as Solidus and Liquid) is a clone of Big Boss. The aging in the 4th game might make more sense

Ripcurl530

I thought they were the same snake thats how the game made it out to be since everyone calls you "snake" in the game. It sounds like your right but if its a clone they would all look exactly alike and they are not. I'm not saying your wrong its just a clone is a clone.

xXModern_MythXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 xXModern_MythXx
[QUOTE="Denji"][QUOTE="odin2019"][QUOTE="MusashiSensi"][QUOTE="odin2019"]

odin2019

I know a bit about MGS games. The main character's name is snake skilled and trained in the arts of guns and cqc. Was taught cqc by the boss I think is her name who eventually turns early on snake in MGS3. In MGS games the usual enemy is a soldier like oppenent and you come across many of these in a single game. The games consist of multiple bossess who each possess certain weakness that you have to learn how to go about killing them. In MGS you can switch between 3rd to first person while shooting a gun to help improve accuarcy. I know the names of some of the main characters like volgan, raiden, vamp, sniper wolf, liquid ocelot, revolver ocelot, the big boss, the pain, the fear, the end, raven, etc....

MGS is a main action adventure game that is normally released for playstation consoles. Thats basically what MGS is and I'm a fan considering I like the games in general and have played MGS1, MGS2, MGS3.

IT IS BIG BOSS AKA NAKED SNAKE WHOS TRAINED BY THE BOSS, NOT SOLID SNAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -None of the stuff you have said proves you know ANYTHING about the plot/story - Your just basically explaining gameplay - GO BACK AND PLAY THE GAMES

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts

[QUOTE="odin2019"]How come in MGS2 snake looks so young and in MGS4 he is so old? Also, how come everyone else looks like they are the same age in MGS2 as in MGS4 except for Snake?MusashiSensi

lol that was funny