question...i'm new to oblivion goty

This topic is locked from further discussion.

whiteLion64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 whiteLion64
Member since 2011 • 134 Posts
i have the shivering isles and knight of the nine extention and there is oblivion the main quest with much side quest to do. i am a mage guild official evoker member and new to fighter guild.i have build a battle mage:P the question is :is it an order to do the quest with the extention? i don't know if we could begin with shivering isles or if i beat the main game i can't do shivering or the nine? thx
Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts
well i think you gotta be lvl 22 or 28 or something to start Shivering Isles.. and no, not really, no quests really get locked out if you do them in a different order, certain quests may be harder or easier, Knights of Nine is good to do right off the bat because you can't have higher than 0 infamy..
Avatar image for scouttrooperbob
scouttrooperbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3 scouttrooperbob
Member since 2008 • 2439 Posts

i have the shivering isles and knight of the nine extention and there is oblivion the main quest with much side quest to do. i am a mage guild official evoker member and new to fighter guild.i have build a battle mage:P the question is :is it an order to do the quest with the extention? i don't know if we could begin with shivering isles or if i beat the main game i can't do shivering or the nine? thxwhiteLion64

I believe you have to talk to a certain person. You do not have to beet the main story line. (I did everything but the main story)

superlobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#4 superlobo
Member since 2008 • 599 Posts

a marker on your map appears, its southeast of the imperial city. it should be on a small island. the middle of niben bay. It should appear after 24 game hours, which is one full day in the game.

whiteLion64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 whiteLion64
Member since 2011 • 134 Posts
thanks for the replies:)
blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

i have the shivering isles and knight of the nine extention and there is oblivion the main quest with much side quest to do. i am a mage guild official evoker member and new to fighter guild.i have build a battle mage:P the question is :is it an order to do the quest with the extention? i don't know if we could begin with shivering isles or if i beat the main game i can't do shivering or the nine? thxwhiteLion64

you should wait to level up a bit before you do the shivering isles, but I believe as someone else said you have to talk to someone during an early quest and then it'll appear on your map as a marker. Knights of the Nine isn't overly hard so you can do that basically whenever, and you get some pretty good armor for it.