Question regarding PS+ games..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by FinalFighters (1767 posts) -

Hello,

i wanted to know do they usually put games that was free for PS+ members back up on the store, Or once its been free for that particular month that's it, you missed your chance of ever owing it for free again?

i ask because i just renewed my ps plus membership after 3 months so i missed some good games that i wanted for the vita (particularly Muramasa: rebirth and sly cooper: thieves in time).. might i have a chance of seeing those games back up on the store for Plus members..

#2 Posted by Jaysonguy (37831 posts) -

You miss them forever

#3 Posted by SoNin360 (5609 posts) -

I've wondered that, too. And so far (at least to my knowledge) there haven't been any repeats on the Instant Games Collection. But I wouldn't count on it, though you gotta think they'll reach a point where there aren't many games or just good options to put out and maybe they would consider putting a game on there that's been on there before. Of course, that would upset those who have been members from the start or near the start, but they do have a lot of new PS+ customers who have already missed out on several great games.

#4 Posted by Blueresident87 (5340 posts) -

Pretty sure they are gone once they're gone, but I'm not positive.

#5 Edited by SolidTy (45199 posts) -

@FinalFighters said:

Hello,

i wanted to know do they usually put games that was free for PS+ members back up on the store, Or once its been free for that particular month that's it, you missed your chance of ever owing it for free again?

i ask because i just renewed my ps plus membership after 3 months so i missed some good games that i wanted for the vita (particularly Muramasa: rebirth and sly cooper: thieves in time).. might i have a chance of seeing those games back up on the store for Plus members..

I've never seen them repeat as long as I've been a member for years. I wondered this too years ago and so far it's been new games every month. It would bother loyal subscribers to PS+ if Sony started putting up older games that were free before. That wouldn't be good. It could cause an outrage. For what purpose? To hope that some other members get a second chance? It's not worth the gamble or bad press for Sony, especially since they don't know your particular situation. I'm just thinking out loud here. Repeating random games that were free would suck for loyal PS+ members that didn't let their subscription run dry and I think those people that missed games and stopped subscribing to PS+ are Sony's priority so far as I've seen PS+ operate. Those loyal members would complain that the entire month was a waste and PS+ is a rip off.

I think you may have missed the window because I haven't ever seen them repeat old games. You could always wait for a PS+ discount on those titles you missed though.