Question about ps+ games and our ownership of them

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by REforever101 (11222 posts) -

so today i went on the ps store to download oddworld strangers wrath hd and i discovered that i was too late, it was no longer free

now my question is, if i had downloaded it before it left, and then i deleted it later, would i have been able to redownload it again for free? or do you really need to make sure not to ditch games that aren't free on the store anymore? basically, im just wondering if the store will let you redownload things as long as you had once before

#2 Posted by Eikichi-Onizuka (8118 posts) -

Yes, you can redownload anything you added to your account. Any game that hits the IGC I'll start to download it and then cancel so it's in my download history if I'm not ready to play it yet.

Also if you quit PS+ you'll be able to play the plus games again when you come back.

#3 Posted by The_Last_Ride (74204 posts) -

AS long as you press the download when they are free and keep a ps+ you get to keep the games

#4 Posted by SoNin360 (5651 posts) -

Yep, what others have said. Just start downloading any game in the Instant Games Collection you're remotely interested as soon as you get the chance. As soon as you've "claimed" the game, it will remain in your downloads list so long as you remain a PS+ member. It will also return to the list if you ever renew your membership after having it canceled for any amount of time.

#5 Posted by MarcRecon (6192 posts) -

Just as others have said as long as you hit download on the game, it is automatically added to your download history. I had to do that with a few tittles because I just don't have the space on my HDD.