Purchased game downloading is less in size...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by newown (1421 posts) -

Hello,

Please guys help, I have just purchased Dead Or Alive 5 from the PSN and the game file should be around 6 gigabytes. However, when I download it in the background and go check on it, it says that the file I am downloading is only 1562 megabytes = 1.5 gigabytes.. and when the download is finished, the installation gives me an error when it reaches 14%. I tried to re-download and reboot the system, it still doesn't work..
any help please?

#2 Posted by Nengo_Flow (10311 posts) -
what are we supposed to do?
#3 Posted by ristactionjakso (6115 posts) -

You using wireless that has a weak signal strength?

#4 Posted by newown (1421 posts) -
lol, if any guy who experienced the same issue downloading a game before and solved it would comment and help me.. "clearly, not for you" but thanks for the comment anyways.
#5 Posted by newown (1421 posts) -

ristactionjakso
50 to 80 percent signal strength... I don't think this is the issue..
#6 Posted by ristactionjakso (6115 posts) -

[QUOTE="ristactionjakso"]

newown

50 to 80 percent signal strength... I don't think this is the issue..

50 % is actually really bad. It might be dropping signal strength lower than that while downloading. I normally have a 80-100% wireless and it takes forever to complete a game download.

If you wire up your ps3 to the modem you will have a 100% signal strength all the time and games will download pretty fast.

#7 Posted by zyphyr2k12 (277 posts) -

This happened to me once with another game. I originally thought I must be downloading an hour trial but even with that you have to download the full file. So... I canceled the download, then logged out of PSN and back into it. When I went back into the store it was fine. I have no explanation for what happened.

#8 Posted by risako9 (840 posts) -

Try to cancel the download, When you purchase it does it show you the file size?

Or if possible maybe just wait for the download to finish and see what happens.

Might also be a compressed file, upon installing it will extract the file to your HDD making it larger.