PSP will not turn on

This topic is locked from further discussion.

smashmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 smashmallow
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

This happened ages ago, but I never really had the time to fix it. Not sure if this might have an effect, but I don't think it should.

So yeah, my PSP 3001 is not working. When I try to turn it on, it will not turn on. I've tried running it while the charger is in and the battery is out, but it still wouldn't respond in the slightest. No light at all. However, I recently borrowed my cousin's PSP, so I know a lot more about the problem:

• My battery does not hold a charge when charged in his system. The system will still run, but an orange light flashes.
  • His battery does what it's supposed to do, and does not flash.
  • If I charge his battery and put it into mine, I still get no response, even when it works in his. Quite strange.
  • My charger definitely works, but does not work in mine, battery in or out (as stated before).

I can not find anything online about this issue. Maybe I'm not searching for the correct term? I'm also sure that it's not bricked, as I get no lights, and it did not die during an update. It died while I was playing a game.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Comduter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2 Comduter
Member since 2004 • 2316 Posts

It's seems to be a problem with the hardware itself, not the battery. You may just have to get your PSP fixed or replace it.

smashmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By smashmallow
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

Does anyone know what happens if your motherboard is broken? Trying to narrow it down.

The power switch circuit could be a possibility, but I'm not sure what happens with a fried motherboard.