PSP Recommendation Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#351 Posted by siebentrex (6 posts) -
Because the PSP's web browser only supports an older version of flash, YouTube uses flash 9. If you want to watch YouTube on PSP directly with the wifi, you must upgrade the newest firmware for your PSP and install a flash player on your PSP. A Japanese developer NekoMiMi has achieved just that with PSPTube. Here are the steps http://infospotnews.blogspot.com/2010/05/how-to-watch-youtube-videos-on-psp.html
#352 Posted by primetime08865 (216 posts) -
Hey guys i just notice that i'm way over due to get a new psp game i only have four and thats from when i frist brought the system. What UMD yes i said UMD, games are 'Must haves' what i have so far are God of war Chains of oylumps, the sims 2, / castaway, pets and that about it
#353 Posted by Jambofish (14 posts) -

Hey guys i just notice that i'm way over due to get a new psp game i only have four and thats from when i frist brought the system. What UMD yes i said UMD, games are 'Must haves' what i have so far are God of war Chains of oylumps, the sims 2, / castaway, pets and that about itprimetime08865

I'm looking for some new games myself but I could recommend the Syphon Filter games for the PSP. Also, Resistance: Retribution is an awesome shooter.

#354 Posted by Daavpuke (13769 posts) -
[QUOTE="primetime08865"]Hey guys i just notice that i'm way over due to get a new psp game i only have four and thats from when i frist brought the system. What UMD yes i said UMD, games are 'Must haves' what i have so far are God of war Chains of oylumps, the sims 2, / castaway, pets and that about it

Crisis core definetly. Resistance that's probably it. Isn't any real "MUST" haves. More could haves.
#355 Posted by mralspsp (149 posts) -

I tried the ModNation Racers demo and it's pretty good. Picking that one up this Tuesday. :) Also play Patchwork Heros. Quite a fun little game and it's pretty cheap too.

#356 Posted by Zacek (1532 posts) -

Thank for the recommendations, I just got a PSP!

#357 Posted by blacknight06 (1422 posts) -

Thank for the recommendations, I just got a PSP!

Zacek1000
Congrats
#358 Posted by Heirren (17319 posts) -

Wipeout Pure or Wipeout Pulse? any reason Pure is rated higher?

Tekken: DR or Tekken 6, or skip tekken altogether and get something else such as Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max?

Gran Turismo. I've heard it's disappointing. Is the driving engine actually any good? Does it play well?

--also looking for a sweet RPG for someone that typically has problems with random battles.

#359 Posted by Daavpuke (13769 posts) -

Wipeout Pure or Wipeout Pulse? any reason Pure is rated higher?

Tekken: DR or Tekken 6, or skip tekken altogether and get something else such as Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max?

Gran Turismo. I've heard it's disappointing. Is the driving engine actually any good? Does it play well?

--also looking for a sweet RPG for someone that typically has problems with random battles.

Heirren

I followed this thread for Wipeout a while back.

Skip Tekken, get Blazblue. Or yea SF.

I heard it also, but a friend of mine was really pleased about GT and it looked good to me

I'd wait for the new Kingdom Hearts, coming out September 7.

#360 Posted by anbu-black-ops (2380 posts) -

I'm looking for a good racing game with rpg elements (tune-ups/customization and story ).

I read some racing game reviews and so far Midnight club LA remix have a solid review. Has anyone played this? is the story mode good?What about Need for Speed Carbon or Rivals? are they better? Been a long time since I've played a racing game.

I'm in the mode for fast and furious/initial d (anime) style of racing. Any recommendation? I want somebody who ACTUALLY PLAYED the game to recommend me some. Thanks in advance.

#361 Posted by Daavpuke (13769 posts) -
I played NFSU and it isn't bad as far as the whole flashy race bit goes, but customization and such didn't feel like it had a lot of depth. Could be better in other releases, but haven't played those. I played some DTM in the day and that also had a good storyline and such.
#362 Posted by LURCH87 (1375 posts) -

this is very helpful since im getting the big boss psp bundle in june

nice work

#363 Posted by PA_DUTCH (908 posts) -

anyone played PoP the sands of time? I really liked Siderman WoS and it seems like they maybe simular. I hated the other PoP games on the PSP so far.

Also wondering if anyone has played Blood Bowl or the new ironman game, for some reason i really like the first one.

Thanks

#364 Posted by M_1_A_M_I (938 posts) -

Any of these worth picking up

Fat Princess

Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron

ModNation Racers

Gran Turismo

Blaz Blue

#365 Posted by tekken220 (5105 posts) -

Any of these worth picking up

Fat Princess Not sure

Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron If you loved RS, you'll love this as well especially because of the ability to go to space, the enemy's capital ship or to the planet all in one match. I recommend that you get the demo first.

ModNation Racers I played the demos for the two versions of MNR, and I find the PS3 version better. But if you don't have a PS3, get the PSP version because it's still great.

Gran Turismo Worth getting if you're waiting for GT5 for the PS3 because you can transfer your own cars from GTPSP to GT5.

Blaz Blue I find this game so amazing, it made my username become very unfitting! The graphics aren't as good as the PS3 version, but it has more content than the console versions! You should switch the voice language to Japanese after getting the game, though, I don't like the English VA's.

M_1_A_M_I

#366 Posted by XxDARKKSAxX (8 posts) -
Good job, man Thanks
#367 Posted by M_1_A_M_I (938 posts) -
Thanks Tekken.
#368 Posted by anbu-black-ops (2380 posts) -
^^ if you go to ebay today, they have gran turismo psp for $17+4 shipping. Brand new. I was gonna get it but I just bought alot of games last week. It has picture and is from a reliable seller.
#369 Posted by M_1_A_M_I (938 posts) -
^^ if you go to ebay today, they have gran turismo psp for $17+4 shipping. Brand new. I was gonna get it but I just bought alot of games last week. It has picture and is from a reliable seller.anbu-black-ops
Awesome thanks!
#370 Posted by anbu-black-ops (2380 posts) -
Are these games worth picking up: Justice League Heroes Obscure the aftermath I want someone who have played this game give there input. They are pretty cheap brand new. Saw some vids and read some reviews but I'm still on the fence about this game. Thanks in advance.
#371 Posted by lamborghini1134 (993 posts) -

i need a fighting game and saw there is only one mortla kombat, and its MK unchained which came out in 2006. Is there going to be a new MK or should i just buy this one?

#372 Posted by lamborghini1134 (993 posts) -

I'm looking for a high speed but with a little realism racing game lol. Which should i get, Motorstorm artctic edge or Gran Turismo?

#373 Posted by PSNLakers416 (275 posts) -

What are your guys' opinions on Silent Hill: Origins. Im thinking of getting it since it's only 10 bucks now.

#374 Posted by panicbuster (374 posts) -

should I get Motorstorm: Arctic Edge or Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles?

#375 Posted by M_1_A_M_I (938 posts) -

I'm looking for a high speed but with a little realism racing game lol. Which should i get, Motorstorm artctic edge or Gran Turismo?

lamborghini1134
Try the demos for both, if you want realism get GT.
#376 Posted by lamborghini1134 (993 posts) -

[QUOTE="lamborghini1134"]

M_1_A_M_I

Okay thank you.....

#377 Posted by lamborghini1134 (993 posts) -

Well got one more question. Do both Gran Turismo and Motorstorm have online? And how many people max race at one time on both of these games?

#378 Posted by Xx-Addict-xX (1119 posts) -
Which PSP game is better? Daxter or Jak & Daxter Or Ratcher & Clank:Size Matters
#379 Posted by M_1_A_M_I (938 posts) -

Well got one more question. Do both Gran Turismo and Motorstorm have online? And how many people max race at one time on both of these games?

lamborghini1134

They both have online but you need a PS3 and the Ad Hoc Party download to play Gran Turismo online. With Motorstorm you don't need it.

#380 Posted by lamborghini1134 (993 posts) -

M_1_A_M_I

They both have online but you need a PS3 and the Ad Hoc Party download to play Gran Turismo online. With Motorstorm you don't need it.

ah, thank you. I have a ps3 but i'm probably going to get motorstorm either way.

#381 Posted by M_1_A_M_I (938 posts) -

[QUOTE="M_1_A_M_I"]

ah, thank you. I have a ps3 but i'm probably going to get motorstorm either way.

Cool have fun.
#382 Posted by musicman748 (2754 posts) -

Okay so as you all know how they brought down a bunch of games to 10 dollars are any of those games worth picking up?

#383 Posted by blacknight06 (1422 posts) -

^ I picked up Logan's Shadow. It's totally worth the 10 dollars

#384 Posted by musicman748 (2754 posts) -

blacknight06
I have that, any others?
#385 Posted by RurouniSaiyajin (4951 posts) -

Okay so as you all know how they brought down a bunch of games to 10 dollars are any of those games worth picking up?

musicman748

I'd definitely say Locoroco 2 and Patapon 2 are worth a purchase.

#386 Posted by Zenadixo (46 posts) -

Yeah man, great job. If it wasn't for you I woudn't have found Grandious Collection

And I am really looking forward to KH:BBS!!! it is gonna be the best RPG ever!!

#387 Posted by Zenadixo (46 posts) -

blacknight06
You won't regret it. However, I would prefer to wait for peace walker
#388 Posted by Xavier_12 (824 posts) -
Can't wait to play Peace Walker. Bought a PSP just for it and because of this thread all the other games that I have missed. Thanks!
#389 Posted by anbu-black-ops (2380 posts) -

M_1_A_M_I

Is there a demo for Gran Turismo on US PSN?
#391 Posted by Xx-Addict-xX (1119 posts) -
Wats the best Card Game on here? Any suggestions?
#392 Posted by Luigi12901 (1243 posts) -

[QUOTE="M_1_A_M_I"][QUOTE="lamborghini1134"]

anbu-black-ops

Is there a demo for Gran Turismo on US PSN?

Not that I can recall. I personally didn't care for GT, it didn't have a great sense of speed, although the realism's fine. I played the Motorstorm demo and that was more arcade-ish, but it played a bit faster.

#393 Posted by anbu-black-ops (2380 posts) -
I was wondering, is wipeout pulse and lumines 2 worth adding on your collection? I saw the reviews and they were pretty good. I'm not much of a racer fan but is it still worth picking up?
#394 Posted by M_1_A_M_I (938 posts) -
Get Wipeout! It's great! I odn't have Lumines but I have heard good things about it.
#396 Posted by anbu-black-ops (2380 posts) -
Even if I'm not a racing fun, will it still appeal to me, just curious? Thanks.
#397 Posted by Khadaj32 (3157 posts) -

Hey guys, any good downloadable PSN games for the 3000?

#398 Posted by Genesis_123 (3948 posts) -

Well in the EU, patapon 2 just went down to £7. But I also want Oddworld Abe's Oddysee, which is only £4. I'll be getting both but does anyone know how much memory each game takes up?

#399 Posted by M_1_A_M_I (938 posts) -

Hey guys, any good downloadable PSN games for the 3000?

Khadaj32
PSN Classics FF 7-8 RE 1-3 Crash 1-3 and CTR Grandia MGS Silent Hill PSN exculsives Patapon 2
#400 Posted by sk8rat247 (5 posts) -

good list man but i don't see any metal gear acid!