PSP Recommendation Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Minishdriveby (9630 posts) -

*MOD NOTE* - You can also check out the old recommendation thread, it has more game ideas with detailed information. ALL"What game should I get?" or any similar questions relating to game recommendation threads outside this stickied thread will be locked. Please keep it all in here. - Hungry_bunny

Just thought I'd take the time to make an update Recommendation thread. One that is actually somewhat useful and doesn't just display games from 2006. Well it still could use some work, seeing as some of the sections are left blank. If you guys want to give me any suggestions on which games to put in here that would be appreciated. Hope this helps anyone, and possibly replaces the old thread. I'll try to update as much as possible, and improve this.

Easy Navigation:

Just hit crtl + F and look for your genre of games

Action
Adventure
Fighting
Minigames
Platformers
Puzzle
Racing
RPG
Shooters
Sports
Strategy
Rhythm

Action
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories

Image 3

See Also:

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories

Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars

God of War: Chains of Olympus

Image 1

Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops

Image 3

Adventure

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

Image 1

Fighting

Tekken: Dark Resurrection

Image 26

DarkStalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower

Image 14

Dissidia: Final Fantasy

Image 2

Minigames

WTF: Work Time Fun

Image 4

Platformers

Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles

Image 4

Crush

Image 3

Daxter

Image 11

Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier

Image 7

LocoRoco2

Image 3

See Also:
LocoRoco

LittleBigPlanet PSP

Image 47

MegaMan: Powered Up

Image 4

MegaMan: Maverick Hunter X

Image 8

N+

Image 15

Patapon

Image 8

See Also: Patapon 2

Prinny: Can I Really Be a Hero?

Image 3

Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters

Image 6

Secret Agent Clank

Image 3

TokoBot

Image 4

Puzzle

Echochrome

Image 2

Down Stream Panic

Image 11

Lemmings

Image 2

Lumines

Image 1

See Also: Lumines II

Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords

Image 9

Exit

Image 11

Me & My Katamari

Image 13

Racing

Burnout Denominator

Image 8

See Also:Burnout Legends

MotorStorm: Arctic Edge

Image 2

Wipeout Pulse

Image 5

See Also: Wipeout Pure

Twisted Metal: Head-On

Image 2

MidNight Club: LA Remix

Image 3

ATV offroad fury pro

Image 6

RPG

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII

Image 19

Half-Minute Hero

MonstImage 6er Hunter Freedom 2

Image 7

Star Ocean: Second Evolution

Image 43

Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure

Image 49

#3 Posted by Minishdriveby (9630 posts) -

Future Releases

Just a couple releases coming up soon not out yet but they look promising so I'll just list a few so you guys can keep an eye out for them

Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker

I'm sure there's plenty more but there's just a small list of what's to come for the remainder of this year and next year.

#4 Posted by Minishdriveby (9630 posts) -

Reserved once again.

#6 Posted by -_Cloud_- (1851 posts) -
Wow, amazing work man, keep it up. This will definitely minimize the amounts of threads requesting recommendations. Once again, great job. If I come up with any other games to add, I'll let you know.
#7 Posted by K1LLR3175 (12734 posts) -
Nice job man.
#8 Posted by b3yondstupidity (12500 posts) -
Great stuff man, I got some suggestions for Sports as you got nothing there, I got - PES 2009, FIFA 09, MADDEN 09 and MLB 2K9.
#9 Posted by Minishdriveby (9630 posts) -
Thanks I'll add the sports games in right now.
#10 Posted by riou7 (10832 posts) -

nice list

#11 Posted by Chaay (315 posts) -

It's a very nice list and a great start, Minishdriveby. I recommend that, along with the title and picture, you provide a short reasoning for why it's on the recommended list, and possibly a review score from a gaming review site or two. Since that would be a daunting task by oneself, us forumers could send you a message with a paragraph of recommendation for those games you add to the list.

All in all, great work!

#12 Posted by Minishdriveby (9630 posts) -
Thanks yeah that would be very helpful.
#13 Posted by thegame584 (141 posts) -

That is a great list, the best I've ever seen (the pictures make this really awesome!).

But i think that in the shooters section you should add Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow (even if it's just a "See also:" thing under Dark Mirror), as well as Killzone Liberation. They definitely deserve a spot.

#14 Posted by Minishdriveby (9630 posts) -
True you're right I totally forgot about Killzone too thanks for reminding me!
#15 Posted by thegame584 (141 posts) -

This thread should be stickied. It's Awesome!

#16 Posted by scar-hawk (5404 posts) -
It's much better than that other thread.
#17 Posted by hockey73 (8200 posts) -
Nice! This should be stickied.
#18 Posted by RAGINGxPONY (1452 posts) -

Great thread but i don't think i saw Socom Fireteam Bravo 2 in there which should be added because it's an awesome online shooter for the PSP.

#19 Posted by Minishdriveby (9630 posts) -
bump
#20 Posted by DarkMaster7991 (1585 posts) -
Yes! I jsut finished asking if they have an updated thread of Recommendations! Well if they don't this should be added! It kinda anoyys me people are told to go to the recommendation thread when it is really outdated. I mean they are good game, but 2006.... Come on.
#21 Posted by Chiddaling (9106 posts) -

bumped.

Great thread. :)

#22 Posted by Almighty-mints (5033 posts) -

Great thread man! Thanks alot!

But you have to add some more RPGs and keep this updated or else it will be useless like the others that have been attempted at being made.

#23 Posted by Chiddaling (9106 posts) -

Ok I am looking for a game that will company me for awhile...

I currently have:

Burnout Legends
Star Wars The Force Unleashed
SOCOM FireTeam Bravo 2
GTA Vice City Stories
GTA Liberty City Stories
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2009
Tekken Dark Resurrection
Mega Man Powered Up
Medal of Honor 2 Heroes
Wipeout Pulse
Dragon Ball Z Another Road
Syphon Filter Dark Mirror
Midnight Club LA Remix
Fifa 08
Monster Hunter Freedom 2
Prinny Can I Really Be The Hero?
Loco Roco
Final Fantasy War of the Lions
X-Men Legends 2
God of War Chains of Olympus
Crisis Core: FFVII
Resistance Retribution
Lumines
Megaman Maverick Hunters

#24 Posted by Chiddaling (9106 posts) -

bump...

#25 Posted by MyopicCanadian (8345 posts) -

Can anyone help with RPG recommendations? I'm looking at Disgaea, Star Ocean II, Valkyrie Profile, and any others I may have missed. They all look good and I can't decide :o I'm leaning towards Disgaea just because I've always wanted to try something from that series.

#26 Posted by jgirl20 (205 posts) -

I want to get a game that's NOT action/shooter/RPG/strategy/anything "hardcore" before I leave for the summer. I'm leaning toward Crush right now, but I'm sure there are tons and tons of other games out there that I'd also like. Any suggestions?

#27 Posted by guynamedyeah (778 posts) -

I want to get a game that's NOT action/shooter/RPG/strategy/anything "hardcore" before I leave for the summer. I'm leaning toward Crush right now, but I'm sure there are tons and tons of other games out there that I'd also like. Any suggestions?

jgirl20

me and my katamari

#28 Posted by FallofAthens (2026 posts) -

jgirl20

Loco Roco 2 is a great and rather casual game that you may enjoy. Plus it's rather cheap at about 20 dollars or less.

Exit is another game I've played that is really good especially if you like puzzle games. That said, later on down the road, the levels can be rather hard to figure out. Again, this is a cheap game. I got it for about 10 dollars off ebay and I'm sure in most stores (if you can find it) are about the same price.

Daxter, though somewhat of an action game, is rather simple in context and really, at least for me, isn't hard. Something worth looking into and should give you something to play for a few days.

The last game I would recommend is Patapon. Easy to get into, catchy tunes, and something good to play in quick bursts. If you haven't looked into this game, I'd encourage you to do so.

The best part about these games are the cheap factor. Chances are you won't be spending more than 20 dollars on any of these titles so you may be able to pick up more than one if it's in the budget.

#29 Posted by falconrye (153 posts) -

MGS:PO is sold out everywhere! But I'm really looking for a stealth action game, any recomendations? Maybe just get MPO+?

Already have Syphon Filter: Logans Shadow.

Also, If I enjoyed God of War would I enjoy gurumin or are they completely different?

#30 Posted by scar-hawk (5404 posts) -

You might want toget Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror.

#31 Posted by Redonkulous_D (1018 posts) -

The current games I'm looking forward to are MGS: PW and GT. I don't want my PSP to collect dust until october and I'm willing to buy any one game from PSN. What say you?

#32 Posted by scar-hawk (5404 posts) -

The current games I'm looking forward to are MGS: PW and GT. I don't want my PSP to collect dust until october and I'm willing to buy any one game from PSN. What say you?

Redonkulous_D
I'm wondering the same thing. Wait for a good PS1 title to come out.
#33 Posted by falconrye (153 posts) -

You might want toget Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror.

scar-hawk

Don't really want it to be another FPS, but thanks :)

Also If I had to pick one of these 3 games to get from PSN which should it be: Resident Evil Directors Cut, FFVII, or Tokobot?

#34 Posted by scar-hawk (5404 posts) -
From what I heard Final Fantasy VII would be your best bet.
#35 Posted by TEH_RADIO (418 posts) -

FFVII from the psn store is a great game for only 10$, but you also have to buy a memory card...

Does anyone know what games are coming out in the PSN store this week?

#36 Posted by scar-hawk (5404 posts) -
Yeah the memory FF7 alone takes up is worth close 20 dollars.
#37 Posted by Game_Master359 (99 posts) -

i'm looking for a game for me to play alot or has good gameplay and great story

i have:

ratchet and clank

socom fire team bravo 2

ncaa football 09

lego indiana jones

lego batman

harry potter and the order of the phoenix

ffvii crisis core

rainbow six vegas

i can't buy rated M games cause my parents wouldn't buy them for me cause i'm not old enough(i play them anyways) but they wouldn't buy one for me... i wish'd.

#38 Posted by falconrye (153 posts) -

FFVII from the psn store is a great game for only 10$, but you also have to buy a memory card...

TEH_RADIO

Thanks

Bought it, and no worries I have an 8gb.

#39 Posted by falconrye (153 posts) -

i'm looking for a game for me to play alot or has good gameplay and great story

i have:

ratchet and clank

socom fire team bravo 2

ncaa football 09

lego indiana jones

lego batman

harry potter and the order of the phoenix

ffvii crisis core

rainbow six vegas

i can't buy rated M games cause my parents wouldn't buy them for me cause i'm not old enough(i play them anyways) but they wouldn't buy one for me... i wish'd.

Game_Master359

Ratchet and Clank isn't very long, but its fun and the story is nice.

I don't know about SOCOM Story wise, or even length for that matter but I hear the online is nice.

FFVII Crisis Core is supposed to have a good story and be pretty long if you like Action RPGS, I'm still playing through it but I haven't played enough to give a good enough opinion.

#40 Posted by Ghost120x (3690 posts) -

Nice thread,now I know what to get when i buy my psp 3000.

#41 Posted by scar-hawk (5404 posts) -
[QUOTE="TEH_RADIO"]

Medal of Honor (PS1) Hot Shots Golf ans some more RockBand DLC came out this week.
#42 Posted by ExoskeletonRaid (1 posts) -

TEH_RADIO
Metal Gear Solid (original) is coming out on the 18th of this month. The only game i'm looking forward to on PSN.
#43 Posted by scar-hawk (5404 posts) -
^ I might buy it.
#44 Posted by falconrye (153 posts) -

^ I might buy it.scar-hawk

It's a great game, even if a little bit short.

#45 Posted by Minishdriveby (9630 posts) -

Oh wow I didn't know this got stickied I have to update now :lol: I thought this got lost in the forum.

#46 Posted by DarkMaster7991 (1585 posts) -

Oh wow I didn't know this got stickied I have to update now :lol: I thought this got lost in the forum.

Minishdriveby
No. Mods kept saying to go to that really old Recommendatino Thread. I told them that you made a newer one, game them the link, and they stickied it.
#47 Posted by noobsfolife (97 posts) -

Future Releases

Just a couple releases coming up soon not out yet but they look promising so I'll just list a few so you guys can keep an eye out for them

Dissidia: Final Fantasy
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
Little Big Planet PSP
Gran Turismo PSP
Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier
MotorStorm: Arctic Edge

I'm sure there's plenty more but there's just a small list of what's to come for the remainder of this year and next year.

I'm getting all of these with the exceptions of motorstorm and gt. but about kingdom hearts, theres been no update for a year now, it's really screwy does anybody know whats going on??

Minishdriveby

#48 Posted by liloliver (7 posts) -
this is a great thread! I'd recommend World Soccer Winning Eleven 9 for the sports, though. Check it out.
#49 Posted by bubbleboyii (550 posts) -

How about Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus in the fighting section? Absolutely awesome game.

#50 Posted by fred1712 (1220 posts) -

Any Suggestions for my first psp game? I was thinking Loco Roco or Patapon. Help?