Psp Problem: Power wont turn on. but there's a light in Hold.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

narldeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 narldeo
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
last night I am playing psp and then today my psp wont turn on and also not charging.. there's no light coming from the Power.. but when i tried in the Hold there is a power and it is yellowish. I have read forums regarding this topic but it seams that It wont work for my problem.. ..i have also tried the following: 1. Charge psp w/ battery 2. charge psp w/o battery 3. Changing the cord of my AC adapter.. 4. Changing the AC adapter.. ..i dont know what is the caused of this. "Any Help is appreciated." Thank you guys.
IWAOlympus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 IWAOlympus
Member since 2011 • 412 Posts

That might be the first documented case of the PSP getting a YLOD.

I'm sorry my friend, I'm not sure how I could help.

narldeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 narldeo
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
what is a YLOD? (sorry for asking.) that's ok. Thank you :D .. first i dont want to give it to a technician because maybe the solution is that easy.. :) additional information: last monday my problem is that the psp wont charge, maybe because of the AC adapter.. so i buy one.. then last night the charger that I bought wont charge the psp.. plus the psp wont turn on.. *sigh*
alphabetguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 alphabetguy
Member since 2008 • 64 Posts

ylod= yellow light of death.. only happens on the ps3.. that yellow light isnt actually a light, its just a yellow thing to tell you that your psp is on hold lol. i think you should send it to the technician if none of the other solutions worked, the only other thing you could try is change your battery, though i doubt it would work

Threesixtyci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Threesixtyci
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts

I guess that the battery may have shorted out and maybe getting a new battery will get it working again. But I don't really know. I've never tried running my PSP from the charger, without the battery installed, so to verify.

In that, if the PSP typically works without a battery from a charger, well, then you know that something is wrong with your PSP, because your's isn't working that way. But it may be normal for it to not work from the A/C cord without a battery. In which case... it may be the battery that has shorted and needs replacing.

Don't have my PSP near me, at the moment, to verify....

Xl_Crazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Xl_Crazy
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Psp Problem: Power wont turn on. but there's a light in Hold when i switch it to Hold. This happened when i was playing my Psp and my battery fell out... i know your thinking...how the heck did your battery fall out. but it happens sometimes so don't question :D. well anyways after it fell out i but it back in and this problem occurred. i tried to charge it but it didn't work. the only thing that worked was the Hold option on the Psp for some reason. PLEASE HELP ME :D I was thinking that my battery was like broken or something but i but it in my friends Psp and it still worked!!!