PSP problem......

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jamie89s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jamie89s
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

So I bought a psp 2 years ago and played the hell out of it, but for the last 6 months its been sitting in the closet. I took it out today to play with it and it wont turn on. Im guessing the battery is drained and needs to be charged,but heres the issue...The AC input stopped working a year after I bought it and was forced to charge it via USB connection.

But to charge it via USB you have to turn the PSP on, go to settings and select USB charge.....so to charge the damn battery I have to be able to turn the psp on to select USB charge, BUT THE DAMN BATTERY IS DRAINED! HOW DO I TURN IT ON TO SELECT USB CHARGE MODE?

and about the AC/wall charger, I lost it, then bought a generic charger and it must have been the wrong voltage or something, because later I went to gamestop and bought an official AC charger and it wouldnt work either. So USB charge is my only option.

Should I just buy a new battery and hope it comes with some charge on it so I can turn it on and charge it up. Do new psp batteries come with any charge on it?

genius2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 genius2365
Member since 2010 • 495 Posts

So I bought a psp 2 years ago and played the hell out of it, but for the last 6 months its been sitting in the closet. I took it out today to play with it and it wont turn on. Im guessing the battery is drained and needs to be charged,but heres the issue...The AC input stopped working a year after I bought it and was forced to charge it via USB connection.

But to charge it via USB you have to turn the PSP on, go to settings and select USB charge.....so to charge the damn battery I have to be able to turn the psp on to select USB charge, BUT THE DAMN BATTERY IS DRAINED! HOW DO I TURN IT ON TO SELECT USB CHARGE MODE?

and about the AC/wall charger, I lost it, then bought a generic charger and it must have been the wrong voltage or something, because later I went to gamestop and bought an official AC charger and it wouldnt work either. So USB charge is my only option.

Should I just buy a new battery and hope it comes with some charge on it so I can turn it on and charge it up. Do new psp batteries come with any charge on it?

jamie89s
First off, make 100% sure the official AC charger won't charge the PSP. If it won't charge, it may be a sign of bigger problems (since you accidently used a charger with the wrong voltage it MAY have fried your PSP). However, new PSP batteries don't usually come pre-charged, from what I know. If you really want your PSP back, you could try buying a new charger and a new battery. If that doesn't work, you could always take out the memory card and buy a cheap used PSP. Good luck
Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#3 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts
I would recommend buying a new AC charger and a battery. The minimum would be a battery then charge. You might also want to clean it and refurnish it if you haven't played for awhile.
Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: -3

#4 Dudersaper
Member since 2007 • 32952 Posts
That happened to me, just found a friend that had a PSP and charged up the PSP until I could do it by USB, Then buy a new AC charger. The battery is probably still good.