PSP no longer turns off

This topic is locked from further discussion.

istuffedsunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#1 istuffedsunny
Member since 2008 • 6991 Posts

It always goes to standby for some reason. Anyone had this happen? It's a 2000 model, had it for about 5 years but this started happening less than a year ago. No matter how long I hold the button it keeps going to standby

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts
Why do you need it to turn completely off? I always kept mine in standby.
final_lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 final_lap
Member since 2006 • 388 Posts

Did you try exiting the game first? Pursuit Force doesn't let you power off or standby the PSP, so maybe other games have weird rules like that.

Maybe the system is just old, so the power switch mechanism is giving way. But at least it still works. Like the poster above me, I rarely power off the PSP. (when I first got a PSP, I didn't even know how to power it off.. I thought standby was the only option.)

Also maybe there is a system setting that affects it. Like maybe there is a setting that disables powering off or standby. Maybe it's worth taking a look just to be sure.

Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#4 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

im thinking the switch is going bad.  5years old isnt too bad, but if you've used it heavily it's only a matter of time.  id try looking in settings and then see if it matters if you're playing a game, or if it does anything different from the main menu