PSP Go no recharging

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#1 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

I'm wondering if anyone has a clue.

my new PSP Go that i got on launch, at one point or another ran out of power - no biggie- i hook up it's special ethernet cable to my laptop to repower it, nothing. won't even turn on. i try it to my PS3. no lights nada.

I'm guessing it's dead, by what? i have no idea. good thing i have a 1 year warranty, so i can turn it back in. But before i do that. does anyone have any suggestions (besides opening it up), or has anyone else gotten into this situation.

LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 LongZhiZi
Member since 2009 • 2453 Posts
Have you tried the AC adapter? It's a longshot, I know, but it's worth the attempt. Can you see anything in the plugin slot on the PSP that looks odd? Or if you know someone else with a Go, try their cable (so we can rule out a dead cable).
hyperjj3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#3 hyperjj3000
Member since 2008 • 974 Posts

This happens to my psp when you dont charge it for a while, it completly dies, it wont power up if your charging it through the laptop, i needs to have a little power left for it to charge that way. Just use the adapter that came with it and it should be fine.

jazzyrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jazzyrider
Member since 2006 • 1090 Posts
I had the same problem with my PSP Go. If it completely runs out of power, you can't charge it via USB cable from your computer. You have to charge it using the AC adaptor. Kinda sucks but once you get a little charge from the AC adaptor, you can then go back to charging it from your computer.
Avatar image for deactivated-6376e969dddd8
deactivated-6376e969dddd8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-6376e969dddd8
Member since 2002 • 323 Posts

Yeah, you have to remember that most USB ports don't actually put out enough power to fully charge a battery compared to a traditional AC adaptor. You should be able to make the PSP go again (pardon the pun) if you use the AC adaptor.

ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 ston3henge
Member since 2007 • 2732 Posts

It may be a battery thing... just swapthe battery ou-

... oh dang.