PSP arrived in the mail earlier with no Memory Stick.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by JimmyJumper1 (3 posts) -
I'm pretty anxious to start playing my game however I'm not gonna start just to lose all my progress later. So my question is if I were to just start playing it today and whenever I'm done using it, just set the PSP into hibernation mode, when I finally get my memory stick (in about a week or so) will I just be able to insert it right there and save all of my game play. It's a PSP 2000 if that means anything also.
#2 Posted by tjoeb123 (6843 posts) -
It may have to be formatted first, which would involve quitting the game.
#3 Posted by Granpire (2749 posts) -
:P You could always find a friend's PSP and format it in that?
#4 Posted by JimmyJumper1 (3 posts) -
It may have to be formatted first, which would involve quitting the game.tjoeb123
So do all memory sticks first need formatted..?
:P You could always find a friend's PSP and format it in that?Granpire
I wish I had friends =/.. Nah, I'm living in a very small community right now and anyone that does have a handheld system has the DS instead
#5 Posted by JimmyJumper1 (3 posts) -
Oh well, waiting a week ain't so bad
#6 Posted by Granpire (2749 posts) -

Mostly conjecture here, but I'm thinking you can actually fake the formatting yourself in Windows if you have a card reader. If you can format the card into FAT32, then assign the typical PSP folders (SAVEDATA, MUSIC, VIDEO, and a few others), you can probably fake the PSP into thinking it's "formatted" After all, it's not just the formatting, but the folders that the PSP needs to read the card.

Here's a helpful page that outlines every folder in the PSP's filesystem. It's also for CFW users, but just follow the folders highlighted in green, since those are the only ones you'll need for OFW.

Just format your card to FAT32, then create a folder for all the oneshighlighted in green.

Of course, you can't do this without a card reader, but if you do have one, try that out.