psp 1001 (fat) orange light on but battery not charging

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Vorador848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Vorador848
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I have a fat psp (1001 model) that when i plug it in the orange light turns on, however after several hours of time on the charger the battery life according to the psp is never more than 20-30%, and it always dies within 2-3 minutes of being turned on. It will not turn on while plugged in, with or without the battery in. I have replaced the battery, tried different power cords, and even different wall outlets, to absolutely no avail. Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
piranha_inc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 piranha_inc
Member since 2005 • 1994 Posts
My first guess was going to be that the battery just died, but you said you replaced it. I have no clue, I think there used to be some external chargers for these batteries, maybe you can look into that
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46255 Posts

Could be there is a problem with the power input connector on your PSP.

I have an original PSP as well and I have to wiggle the power connector (from the wall to the PSP) a bit for it to keep the light orange and keep charging. It does still connect properly but the way I read your problem could be that the connector on your PSP is not working properly.

Try taking out the battery and plugging your PSP into the electricity, see if that works. If it doesn't, than the problem is indeed the power input on your PSP