PSN friends that abandon/stop signing in?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pspdseagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By pspdseagle
Member since 2007 • 3307 Posts

Anyone else get a lot of these? They just disappear never to be heard of again. Some without saying bye. One wonders if they made a different account or just outright stop playing. It's a bit depressing currently I have a lot of these "friends" who have not signed in in months and probably won't sign in again ever.

But yes, I have a lot. I was just browsing yesterday and most of them are like this.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

I got 2 or 3 as well like this, it is depressing, people are ignorant and don't even have the courtesy to type 3 simple letters like bye or something, I really don't understand people these days.

11_17_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 11_17_06
Member since 2006 • 765 Posts

Depends on people in general some just don't have the time to play games anymore or if anything dealing with ylod issues. When you think about it, who knows what is going on in their lives ?

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#4 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

@GTR12 said:

I got 2 or 3 as well like this, it is depressing, people are ignorant and don't even have the courtesy to type 3 simple letters like bye or something, I really don't understand people these days.

Lol, really? Unless you really know the person, I don't get why they're obligated to say "bye" to you if they stop logging in for a while or altogether. You act as if they're going out of their way to be a jerk and that this somehow is disgraceful to humanity. Come on, now.

Anyway, I tend to delete people if they aren't active in several months, though namely the people I don't really know that much. I know some people in person that haven't logged on for a very long time, but I don't bother deleting them. In all, it's not a big deal. Some people just stop playing. Maybe they moved on to another console or just lost interest. It's none of my concern, really.

equanox214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 equanox214
Member since 2005 • 167 Posts

@SoNin360 said:

@GTR12 said:

Lol, really? Unless you really know the person, I don't get why they're obligated to say "bye" to you if they stop logging in for a while or altogether. You act as if they're going out of their way to be a jerk and that this somehow is disgraceful to humanity. Come on, now.

Anyway, I tend to delete people if they aren't active in several months, though namely the people I don't really know that much. I know some people in person that haven't logged on for a very long time, but I don't bother deleting them. In all, it's not a big deal. Some people just stop playing. Maybe they moved on to another console or just lost interest. It's none of my concern, really.

I too find his comment strange, are you a needy person? I don't add randoms though so maybe that's why i see this topic as weird Unless it's someone you were great friends with in life I don't see why you would need something like a good bye message, in which case if they were friends in life you could ask them.

Lots of reasons though ps3 breaks, ps3 gets sold, moved over to xbox, taking a gaming break, maybe they blocked you, work/school/kids gets in the way alot of my younger friends often ask me why im on once week, well im a busy guy lol simple as that.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GTR12

@equanox214 said:

@SoNin360 said:

@GTR12 said:

I too find his comment strange, are you a needy person? I don't add randoms though so maybe that's why i see this topic as weird Unless it's someone you were great friends with in life I don't see why you would need something like a good bye message, in which case if they were friends in life you could ask them.

Lots of reasons though ps3 breaks, ps3 gets sold, moved over to xbox, taking a gaming break, maybe they blocked you, work/school/kids gets in the way alot of my younger friends often ask me why im on once week, well im a busy guy lol simple as that.

Umm I don't add randoms, if someone friend requests without talking to me, its an instant delete. I don't know if its culture or something but when I make friends, its automatically long-term, I'm not one to make friends and delete the next day.

crewe8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 crewe8
Member since 2008 • 703 Posts

I'm the same as above, i dont make friends with randoms. The most random people i make friends with are friends of friends...

If there are geniune people, who talk normal while playing a game ( ie bf4 ) and not scream / shout / whistle / play music down their headsets, i may request them, but thats very rare these days.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Yeah, I get a lot of that. I usually delete them after about three or four months of inactivity unless I know them irl. Sadly I also have a lot of PS friends who do nothing but watch Netflix, Crunchy Roll or Neon Alley all day every day.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9  Edited By IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@GTR12 said:

@equanox214 said:

@SoNin360 said:

@GTR12 said:

Umm I don't add randoms, if someone friend requests without talking to me, its an instant delete. I don't know if its culture or something but when I make friends, its automatically long-term, I'm not one to make friends and delete the next day.

Is this a real conversation? Like is this actually happening?? We're now obligated to make a statement to people when we aren't going to play video games for awhile...? I really wish I had a snarky comment for this, but I've literally got nothing... I'm just flabbergasted this is an actual conversation.

jcopp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 jcopp72
Member since 2007 • 5375 Posts

I usually will let friends go for about 6 months without signing in before I delete them, unless I know them in real life.

equanox214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By equanox214
Member since 2005 • 167 Posts

@GTR12: When i say randoms i mean if you met them on the internet, having never acquainted your self in real life. That stranger has never done anything for me other than not yell obscenities to me during a match, so it doesn't qualify them as a friend, therefore i have no real attachment. Everyone's different though I just wanted to clarify so it didnt seem like i was being a douchebage or anything sorry if it came off that way

I don't think it's right to call those people ignorant however.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

I've been one of those guys lately. I might have 1 or two of you guys on my list too. Sorry if I have. There just hasn't been much to keep me coming back on PS4 yet, that will certainly change but for now it's just slim pickins. I've been a bit preoccupied with life, work, and mining.

Once the system picks up I'll be all over it!

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#13 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

@pspdseagle said:

Anyone else get a lot of these? They just disappear never to be heard of again. Some without saying bye. One wonders if they made a different account or just outright stop playing. It's a bit depressing currently I have a lot of these "friends" who have not signed in in months and probably won't sign in again ever.

But yes, I have a lot. I was just browsing yesterday and most of them are like this.

Coolyfett gives a gamer 90 days, Once Coolyfett sees you have not accessed your account in 3 months...relationship deleted. EAGLE, you may add Coolyfett whenever you are ready. Coolyfett returns all message and is very friendly on PSN. Peace & Love

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

Are you sure it's not just many of them are only using their PS4 now? If you check your friends list on PS3 it will say many haven't signed in for months, but they play their PS4 daily. Not sure why but PS3 doesn't show when people are playing their PS4, but PS4 will show when people are playing their PS3. Vita will show all three.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Depends on the situation. Random people on the internet are not really friends. But if the person is a friend in real life than that would be different. Use your best judgement. Some people are just casual aquintiences at best.

gregbmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gregbmil
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

yes, I have a bunch of those friends. I'm been on my PS4 a lot lately and unless I"m missing something I can't see how long it has been since they signed in. I really hope they fix that in an update

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GTR12

@equanox214 said:

@GTR12: When i say randoms i mean if you met them on the internet, having never acquainted your self in real life. That stranger has never done anything for me other than not yell obscenities to me during a match, so it doesn't qualify them as a friend, therefore i have no real attachment. Everyone's different though I just wanted to clarify so it didnt seem like i was being a douchebage or anything sorry if it came off that way

I don't think it's right to call those people ignorant however.

I get what people are saying here including yourself, but ive kinda done the being friends the other way, ive met them online and then met them irl, does that make sense?