PSN classics, I am liking the list

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#1 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11783 Posts

Pretty decent list, Parasite Eve games, and Dino Crisis games among others.

Though the only games I really want that are missing, are the Fear Effect games. I think there were 3 of them.

They would be great in either an HD remake package, or just put up on the psn classics.

I see Syphon Filter is on there, but I am holding out to see if they make a HD remake package of that series.

How often do they add games to the PSN classics? Or is there no set time frame in which they add games?

DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 DealRogers
Member since 2005 • 4589 Posts

They add a new game almost every week, but it can be either PS1 or PS2 classic.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

Yeah the PS1 section is pretty good. Would like to see Driver 1 and 2 on there but other than that I have no complaints.

PS2 section will always feel incomplete. Library is too big to really cover all corners of it. Games I would like to see most on it (if not an HD collection) would be Rogue Galaxy, DQVIII, KH 1 and 2, FFX/XII.

XereoWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 XereoWarrior
Member since 2012 • 135 Posts
There are tons of superb PS1 classics yes. My problem is they look terrible on any HD display. It would have been nice if Sony would have up-rezed all these games so they looked better then their original SD versions, instead they look worst. Sony hasn't done this in the 4 years they've been releasing PS One Classics so I doubt they'll fix it ever.
Business_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Business_Fun
Member since 2009 • 2282 Posts

We don't have Dino Crisis in Europe. Years I've been waiting for that thing but at this point it looks like I am doomed to be disappointed.

Anyway, there is indeed a good selection up there. I have two memory sticks for my PSP loaded with Final Fantasies 8 and 9, Resident Evils 1 to 3, Vagrant Story, Parasite Eve 2 and Wild Arms. A not insignificant chunk of my old PlayStation library tucked away on two small slivers of plastic. It's ace.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lach0121

Awesome, yeah if the PS1 games look TOO bad on my computer monitor 23 inch 1080p.

Then I will just hook up the PS3 to a standard Def tv in the other bedroom.

But only if they look horrible.

Thx for the responses, so its basically every week, or so, they add a PS1 or PS2 title.

Oldgun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Oldgun
Member since 2009 • 391 Posts

Though the only games I really want that are missing, are the Fear Effect games. I think there were 3 of them.

They would be great in either an HD remake package, or just put up on the psn classics.

I see Syphon Filter is on there, but I am holding out to see if they make a HD remake package of that series.

How often do they add games to the PSN classics? Or is there no set time frame in which they add games?

Lach0121
Fear Effect 1 and 2 are available on PSN Europe
dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts
While they have some really good PS1 games on PSN, there is one significant game that is not there....Suikoden II. Not quite sure why it hasn't been added since Suikoden 1 (a great game in its own right) has been there since 2008 (or 09). I have one of the few game guides for Suikoden II. It's currently worth about 200 dollars or more.
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lach0121

[QUOTE="Lach0121"]

Oldgun

Fear Effect 1 and 2 are available on PSN Europe

Well that is unfortunate for me.

Maybe Dino Crisis will be available in EU, and Fear Effect series will be available here some time in the future.

mav_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mav_destroyer
Member since 2005 • 3073 Posts
There are tons of superb PS1 classics yes. My problem is they look terrible on any HD display. It would have been nice if Sony would have up-rezed all these games so they looked better then their original SD versions, instead they look worst. Sony hasn't done this in the 4 years they've been releasing PS One Classics so I doubt they'll fix it ever.XereoWarrior
Not really Sony's call unless its a first party game. It's really up to the original studios that made the games back then to re-release them in HD. Problem is I think a number of studios have shut down or been acquired since the PS1 era.
XereoWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 XereoWarrior
Member since 2012 • 135 Posts
[QUOTE="XereoWarrior"]There are tons of superb PS1 classics yes. My problem is they look terrible on any HD display. It would have been nice if Sony would have up-rezed all these games so they looked better then their original SD versions, instead they look worst. Sony hasn't done this in the 4 years they've been releasing PS One Classics so I doubt they'll fix it ever.mav_destroyer
Not really Sony's call unless its a first party game. It's really up to the original studios that made the games back then to re-release them in HD. Problem is I think a number of studios have shut down or been acquired since the PS1 era.

That true, but there's got to have been a better way they could have upscaled these PS One ports to look better. It's disappointing for fans of classic games to have to put up with this. They recently updated the PS Store and made it slower by forcing it to run on an app instead of the PS3s OS. My idea is they could make a PSOne emulator app on PS3 to make these games look better. I'd honestly pay over a hundred dollars for an app like that
Oldgun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Oldgun
Member since 2009 • 391 Posts
There are tons of superb PS1 classics yes. My problem is they look terrible on any HD display. It would have been nice if Sony would have up-rezed all these games so they looked better then their original SD versions, instead they look worst. Sony hasn't done this in the 4 years they've been releasing PS One Classics so I doubt they'll fix it ever.XereoWarrior
I had the same problem with PS1 looking ugly on HDMI. However, you should try hooking up the RGB cables. PS1 classics look near perfect once you see it through RGB and scale down display to 420p. I have connected both RGB and HDMI cables. I just switch to RGB when I want to play PS1 calssics.