ps4 will have party chat?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by mkfighter8 (83 posts) -

one of my favorite xbox live featuers is party chat. I love being able to talk to friends while playing single player games. does anyone know if the ps4 will have party chat? 

#2 Posted by wii60own (609 posts) -
I hope so, that is the only reason which made me not buy a ps3.
#3 Posted by mkfighter8 (83 posts) -

its the reason none of my friends will buy a ps3, it gets lonely playing a game with no one to talk to.

#4 Posted by wii60own (609 posts) -
yer same here, its so stupid why they never just had it on the ps3. You can just be sitting there talking to your friends no mater what game you are on or even if you are just watching TV. If the ps4 don't have it, Sony are not getting my money once again.
#5 Posted by mkfighter8 (83 posts) -

Im hoping they do add it because if i they did almost all of my IRL friends would jump ship to sony

#6 Posted by The_saint1976 (258 posts) -

I hope they don't add this feature, I hope they dont even include a Mic with the purchase of the console. I play games to play games, not be social with other people while triing to play a game. Nothing worse than being fully immersed in a game world and having it interupted by a friend claiming he got past the area I'm stuck in atm, or what he's currently working on in the game he's playing, or listening to him rambling on about the current status of his life. Just turning on a Multiplayer game where every Tom, Dick, and Harry has a mic makes me puke, I want to hear the game and be immersed in the world, hard to do when everyone has a mic and blabbering on about crap that may or may not pertain to the game. I just want to play, I dont care about you. So shut up and just play.

Only ever used Voice chat a few times over this past generation, those times were pretty much down to squad based games and team play, the second someone stats talking about crap I dont care about and not the current game we are all playing. Is the second I turn off my mic and and mute every one.

I get it, I'm the minority. After a long day of work, I just want to go home and relax and not have to put up with anyone. I have a couple guys at work that want me to get on Skype so we can talk while playing this PC game we are currently playing. My response, "I have to listen to you 2 all day at work, what make you think I want to listen to you when I get home."

Peace and stay thirsty my friends.

#7 Posted by clr84651 (5545 posts) -

It appears that the PS4 will do everything the 360 does and a lot more. Sony's not messing around with their PS4 as it seems to have every base covered in order not to give MS any kind of advantage this time. The 800lb Gorilla is peeved big time. 

#8 Posted by clr84651 (5545 posts) -

I hope they don't add this feature, I hope they dont even include a Mic with the purchase of the console. I play games to play games, not be social with other people while triing to play a game. Nothing worse than being fully immersed in a game world and having it interupted by a friend claiming he got past the area I'm stuck in atm, or what he's currently working on in the game he's playing, or listening to him rambling on about the current status of his life. Just turning on a Multiplayer game where every Tom, Dick, and Harry has a mic makes me puke, I want to hear the game and be immersed in the world, hard to do when everyone has a mic and blabbering on about crap that may or may not pertain to the game. I just want to play, I dont care about you. So shut up and just play.

Only ever used Voice chat a few times over this past generation, those times were pretty much down to squad based games and team play, the second someone stats talking about crap I dont care about and not the current game we are all playing. Is the second I turn off my mic and and mute every one.

I get it, I'm the minority. After a long day of work, I just want to go home and relax and not have to put up with anyone. I have a couple guys at work that want me to get on Skype so we can talk while playing this PC game we are currently playing. My response, "I have to listen to you 2 all day at work, what make you think I want to listen to you when I get home."

The_saint1976

There is a mic included. That's why the DS4 has a mic plugin below the touchpad. Anyone can turn off the audio while playing online and choose whether to be in on the conversations or not. 

#9 Posted by wii60own (609 posts) -

The_saint1976
Wouldn't you rather it have the option to have a party chat just in case you every wanted to talk to a couple of friends. and even if there was a mic included and party chat you could easily just not use it. There are still some people out there that actually use the chat features properly and its sometimes really helpful in team games, there is nothing better than playing a strategic game with a couple of people all talking on the mic. don't let a couple of stupid trolls ruin your experience.
#10 Posted by StrongBlackVine (9468 posts) -

Yes it will have party chat. With the all the other advanced social features being added you think something primitive like that is being left out? The only reason PS3 never had it was because of the limited memory....not an issue at all for the PS4.

#11 Posted by mkfighter8 (83 posts) -

this is great news :) its alot more fun for me to be able to socialize while I game!  the ps4 is looking really hot, I cant wait to see what the new xbox offers hopefully it comes in strong also so all gamers win next gen

#12 Posted by The_Rick_14 (9945 posts) -
Wouldn't you rather it have the option to have a party chat just in case you every wanted to talk to a couple of friends. and even if there was a mic included and party chat you could easily just not use it. There are still some people out there that actually use the chat features properly and its sometimes really helpful in team games, there is nothing better than playing a strategic game with a couple of people all talking on the mic. don't let a couple of stupid trolls ruin your experience.wii60own
I am in the camp that when I sit down to play a game, having a conversation is the last thing I want to do. But I agree if this is a feature that many people want (and many do), then it should exist as an option for gaming.
#13 Posted by realguitarhero5 (3903 posts) -

They will have it on the PS4.  They said that they would have had it on the PS3, but the setup of their memory made it impossible.

The Xbox 360 uses a 512mb chunk of RAM.  The PS3 uses 2 chunks of 256mb.  This compartmentalization made cross-game chat on PS3 impossible.  Since this isn't an issue on the PS4, since it has one chunk of 8gb, you can bet that they will have cross-game chat.