PS4: What features are and aren't available without PS+

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I might cave and pick up a PS4 earlier than I intended (end of the year) and was wondering what features are blocked off for people who do not want to pay for online. This single feature is the biggest factor that has me looking at the system in a very negative light.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

AFAIK only online play is restricted by not having PS+.. Obviously you don't get discounts and all those PS+ benefits, but you can still play online in F2P games, still use video services, etc.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

the PS+ Games and Online and that's it. F2P games are free aswel and do not require plus. so yea everything bar online is available

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

That's cool to know guys thanks

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#5 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

If you aren't already aware of PS+ benefits, then it might be worth knowing you can't use the Online Storage. For some reason I thought they changed it on the PS4 so that even non-subscribers got at least a little storage to use, but it's still entirely for Plus members. So PS+ pretty much has the same benefits on the PS4, except it's also needed to play games online. That appears to be it.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#6 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

With PS+: You get online functionality in games and you get free games each month.

Without PS+: You can still play F2P online and enjoy everything on the console except for the free games and online funcitonality

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

You can't play online and you can't get the free PS+ games or the sweet PS+ discounts. You can play MMOs online though.

Everything else is good to go like Netflix or whatever. To date, PS4 got 14 free PS+ games since launch.

It's just like PS+ worked on PS3, except now you can't play MP anymore for free.