This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for humoungousmoth7
HumoungousMoth7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By HumoungousMoth7
Member since 2013 • 36 Posts

Guys, I'm really torn on which system to buy. I've owned an Xbox 360 for 2 years and an Xbox before that. I also had a PS1 and Ps2. I bought an Xbox one and started to play with it. I really enjoyed the features of Snap, Skype and the Kinnect. I also really love the Xbox's featured games like Halo, Fable etc. It's an excellent system but it had a few bugs with the Tv feature so I returned it and received my money back. I now purchased a Ps4 today and I'm holding off on opening it up because I will not be able to return it for a refund. My question to you guys is this: Convince me why I should keep this system and not get an Xbox One. I looked at the graphics comparison of Battlefield 4(Youtube) and love the colors of the Xbox one while the Ps4 seemed washed out. Guys, I'm not trying to start an argument but I really want to know which system has the better graphics, exclusives and better future. I hear so many arguments back and forth about which system is better that I have a hard time making a decision. I'm not a fan boy of either system but want the best purchase for my money.

Sincerely Ray

murstdurst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2 murstdurst
Member since 2003 • 330 Posts

You should just look at the game series that comes out on each system and look at the first party developers. Looking at ps3 especially should give a good indication of the quality of the first party developers for sony.

All other features should just be considered as bonus stuff your console can do... the games are the most important stuff. And if graphics are something to consider, then ps4 is already showing a slight lead and multiplatform games will most likely have a slight advantage on playstation this generation, and we already know how good sony's first party are at graphics.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

Look at the 2 console's games. Look at what each is like. Factor in whether you care about the controllers of each enough to sway you one way or the other. Factor if you care for the extra aps on the X1 like TV & Kinect. Factor if you would like Playstation Now that will allow you to play PS1, PS2, & PS3 titles on the PS4 coming this summer. Factor in that with PSN you get free games to play throughout the year.

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

You shouldn't need random people on the web to convince you of any large purchase like this. Just do your own research and pick the one you like most.

TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

Kinect? really, after having fun with the tech for 5 minutes you'll still use it? won't it be annoying to gesture in front of the TV and not be able to do 90% of the things a video game character should do? (like turn back, swim, dodge away, jump on platforms ...)

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

I've got to ask, what happen to the days when topics like this weren't allowed anywhere except system wars? Did something change when the site changed last year in the terms of service and rules?

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#7  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I chose the xbox one cause it has some amazing games at launch and I also like the xbox controller.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

I bought a PS4 on launch after playing a 360 for 7 years and never owning a PS3. The reason I chose PS4 is because I didn't like the direction MS was going with their family media center and Kinect features (I have a TV cable box and I have a gaming system - I don't need them integrated into one!)

With the exception of a few games, the Xbox 360 never really was that great. To stick with MS for just their exclusives didn't make any sense to me. Forza is basically the same game as the last installments, but with better graphics. Graphics alone don't sell me on a system. Dead Rising 3? No thanks. I downloaded the 2nd game when it was free a couple months back and hated it. So, aside from those two, what reason did I have to stay? None, as far as I can tell. Titanfall even doesn't interest me.

So, I took my chances with PS4 and I haven't regretted it at all. Haven't even touched my 360 since launch day 11/15. If you're willing to shell out an extra $100 for a less powerful system and no real advantage over the competition, go for it. It's your money. But, if you decide to unbox and keep the PS4 I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

@geminontraveler said:

@sukraj said:

I chose the xbox one cause it has some amazing games at launch and I also like the xbox controller.

some? i dont realize forza was to be refered to in the plural now...

Dead Rising 3 is amazing, and definitely the best launch title. But Forza is also good, and Ryse is a lot better than the critics have said.

Then it has plenty of great downloadable games to choose from.

rockinpapa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rockinpapa
Member since 2012 • 45 Posts

@humoungousmoth7: PS4 and Xbone are super similar in my point of view, and you can't really judge system graphics quality by multiplatform games, because they're optimized for both consoles.And still system quality of both of these consoles is great so you pretty much wont feel the difference in this field however in my opinion the thing that really maters is witch exclusives you prefer and how huge of a deal for you are the niche features (like kinnect for example). So for you in particular I would recommend buying Xbone.

P.S. Just for the record I personally prefer P.S.4 because of the overall experience(subjective), controller and exclusives.

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts

get the console which has the exclusive titles you want... basically they are both the same...

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#13 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@humoungousmoth7 said:

Guys, I'm really torn on which system to buy. I've owned an Xbox 360 for 2 years and an Xbox before that. I also had a PS1 and Ps2. I bought an Xbox one and started to play with it. I really enjoyed the features of Snap, Skype and the Kinnect. I also really love the Xbox's featured games like Halo, Fable etc. It's an excellent system but it had a few bugs with the Tv feature so I returned it and received my money back. I now purchased a Ps4 today and I'm holding off on opening it up because I will not be able to return it for a refund. My question to you guys is this: Convince me why I should keep this system and not get an Xbox One. I looked at the graphics comparison of Battlefield 4(Youtube) and love the colors of the Xbox one while the Ps4 seemed washed out. Guys, I'm not trying to start an argument but I really want to know which system has the better graphics, exclusives and better future. I hear so many arguments back and forth about which system is better that I have a hard time making a decision. I'm not a fan boy of either system but want the best purchase for my money.

Sincerely Ray

More exclusives, better graphics, more gaming focused, no paywall. I could go on, but i think PS4 is the way to go atm

pupp3t_mast3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 pupp3t_mast3r
Member since 2008 • 141 Posts

Up until Sony announced the Playstation Now streaming service I would've said that both consoles seem to balance the other out. However with Playstation Now the PS4 does have the clear margin until Microsoft establish something similar for the Xbox One.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#15 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@pupp3t_mast3r said:

Up until Sony announced the Playstation Now streaming service I would've said that both consoles seem to balance the other out. However with Playstation Now the PS4 does have the clear margin until Microsoft establish something similar for the Xbox One.

Sony does have more exclusives and has a better hardware built for games though. Quality can be discussed but Sony has an advantage

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

@bonesawisready5 said:

I've got to ask, what happen to the days when topics like this weren't allowed anywhere except system wars? Did something change when the site changed last year in the terms of service and rules?

agreed so slack now its crazy, since the site changed i've seen triple of these sorts of threads and quadruple the amount of fake accounts telling me about kitchens or free movies and what not, plus i used to go on the uk forum board and can't find that anywhere, half the features are missing aswel from the last one, lol feels like a ps2 to ps3 launch game where half the features were missing.

Avatar image for deactivated-589cfb21cbc03
deactivated-589cfb21cbc03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By deactivated-589cfb21cbc03
Member since 2009 • 840 Posts

when it comes to which console you should get, (in my opinion) there are 2 things you should look at

1. are you going to get it mainly for the gaming or will you be using alot of apps, the internet browser on the console, etc.

and 2. the exclusives.

if you are going to get it mainly for gaming then the ps4 is the console for you. if you are going to get it for everything then the xbox one is for you. i got the ps4 for 3 reasons. 1. i've always been a playstation guy. 2. i have always liked the playstation exclusives more. and 3. i don't want to pay $100 extra for a piece of crap camera that i don't care about (talking about the kinect)

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

The Kinect is cool for entertaining company. Watching tv with a new lady and quickly switching to a Zumba demo so she can get up and show her stuff is pretty priceless. But hey, go with what you like!

: - D

jetjetjaguar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jetjetjaguar
Member since 2011 • 192 Posts

@humoungousmoth7: Got them both. Love them both. Can't live in a world that doesn't have Halo and inFamous, Forza and Grand Turismo and on... Right now the X1 gets more up time because I like it's launch titles more (Forza and Dead Rising 3) and I do like "the extra stuff". Just tried kickboxing with Kinect, a blast but a very sore next day blast.. I do expect the PS4 to get a lot more use when the Sony exclusives come out and I am enjoying the PS+ game Contrast more than most reviewers.

Much like with the last gen, I do not think you can go wrong with either system.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#20  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@geminontraveler said:

@sukraj said:

some? i dont realize forza was to be refered to in the plural now...

meh chana like dead rising 3 and ryse saga.