PS4 Strange Issue with lack of Internet connection

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Marietta_b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Marietta_b
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

Hi everyone

This is my first post and I am a technology noob so will do my best to explain a strange issue I have had with my Ps4 today . Due to a fault in my area today, the Internet connection has been lost and only came back on an hour ago. Whilst it was down my Ps4 would not load any games. I tried loading Dying Light, The Last of Us and GTA. They all stuck at some point during loading and then when I tried to eject the disc I would get an eject symbol on the screen but the discs took up to 2 minutes to come out. I rang sony and after trying to start in safe mode and the problem still there, the technician said to do a re initialize. I couldn't do this as I had no usb with latest software so was going to download it from a friends pc tomorrow. I've been out all day and now the Internet is back on. I checked the ps4 - loaded dying light which now loads and ejects perfectly again. As do TLOU and GTA 5. Hey?? So without Internet connection do I own a very expensive brick? Hope this post makes sense and grateful for any light you could shed on this.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@marietta_b:

Since your internet connection is working now, try replicate the problem again, disconnect your router for 5 mins and see if those games load.

Afterwards, just connect it back up and post back what happened.

Marietta_b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Marietta_b

Hi, thanks for your reply. I did what you suggested and same thing happened again. I can kind of understand the games not loading as I guess they all try to connect to the Internet but the eject issue just baffles me. Also dvds also don't load yet work fine when the Internet connection is there. Think I have a possessed ps4!

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GTR12

@marietta_b said:

Hi, thanks for your reply. I did what you suggested and same thing happened again. I can kind of understand the games not loading as I guess they all try to connect to the Internet but the eject issue just baffles me. Also dvds also don't load yet work fine when the Internet connection is there. Think I have a possessed ps4!

I think you have a faulty PS4, games dont HAVE to connect to the internet, some people dont have any internet and they can play the PS4 offline fine. Have you got warrenty or can you exchnge the console?

Marietta_b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Marietta_b

Hi, yes it's still under warranty from Sony as only purchased it last August then took out an extra 3 years warranty plan. Will have to try the re initialization first I guess as the guy I spoke to from Sony said they wouldn't take it back and look at it until that had been tried.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GTR12

@marietta_b:

You can give it a go but I dont think thats the problem.

Marietta_b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Marietta_b

Neither do I but they are insisting I do it before they will repair or replace it.