PS4 still lacking in games

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 0

#1 arcangelgold
Member since 2012 • 342 Posts

Ps4 so far has NOT impressed me with it's game collection. First most of the games are either zombie or fps games. Almost all are in 1st person BOOOOO! I want to see my character. The character graphics of most of the games are ridiculously low quality. There are too many sequels and not enough original titles. Almost no kids games as usual. The only game I am excited about is Resident Evil remake re-mastered. No surprise I have to look to an old game for survival horror since Sony hasn't made anything else worth a crap for PS3 or 4 in a long time.

Once again, Fatal Frame is held hostage by Nintendo. Where are the rpg games? Like the tradition ones, other than FF? games like Chrono Cross, Grandia etc? I'm getting to the point I'd rather have a WII U except I can't stand the Wi remote at all. It sucks.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I'm not really sure what to tell you - it has just finished its launch year. The whole industry had an "eh" year last year. However, if you want a fun RPG, try DA:I - it can be boring if you just run around in one place doing the optional side quests, but if you actually put a personality behind your character and play the game... it's one of the most addictive things I've played in a long time even though the combat system is not my favorite.

This year a metric TON of games are coming out for PS4, so... don't chuck it in the dustbin just yet. FYI, the Wii U has Wii Remotes, the Wii Gamepad, a classic "normal" controller - lots of interface options if you hate the wiimotes

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@arcangelgold: The Wii U doesn't use the Wii Remote, that was the Wii from last generation. The Wii U uses the Wii U game pad, which is surprisingly comfortable to play with.

I'd prefer a 360 controller buts its not bad.

I agree with you the Ps4 has very few games worth playing, however its similar for Xbox 1 at this stage. Both consoles have only been out for one year so you'll be waiting at least another two years before you could consider either consoles library half decent.

polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#4 polishkid99
Member since 2007 • 4787 Posts

Well it's only the first year, so it's to be expected.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

It's the first year blues man. We sing this song every generation, why act like it's new? Factor in an a terrible 2014 all around and we are here now.

Maybe you missed some titles (230+ games out right now, 105 at retail) so I'll post a link:

http://www.listwar.com/released-games/

The link also has a tab for unreleased games as well.

BTW: RPGs never rolled out fast for any generation, I'm not sure why you expected that.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@arcangelgold said:

First most of the games are either zombie or fps games.

Awesome job having no idea what you're talking about.

You either just came out of a coma or you have no idea at all what's available right now

I'm going to be nice and say coma, I'm glad you're out of your coma, I hope you get up to speed quickly with the world today.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

Takes a while to build up a library of "impressive" titles. I think there are several impressive titles such as ACU or FC4. It's been a year, there aren't that many publishers like their used to be willing to shell out huge bucks to make these "impressive" games by the dozens each year anymore. With so many developers going out on their own with this Indie scene and other publishers like Atari and Sega not doing too well financially, at least enough to invest in anything too serious or new, that leaves the likes of EA..etc and I'm not even sure how 2K games or Acclaim is doing these days. Smaller publishers like Konami or Capcom also tend to tread carefully.

The only real problem I see with gaming today is the gamer's themselves. If everyone didn't sit there playing games for 12 hrs straight every night then you might not run out of titles you enjoy to play as often.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 xantufrog  Moderator
@pimphand_gamer said:
If everyone didn't sit there playing games for 12 hrs straight every night then you might not run out of titles you enjoy to play as often.

Seriously - how do people chew through games so quickly? I wish I had that kind of time to game, but I've got a job, pets, a wife, other interests... I LOVE the value proposition of games like DA:I, because they will last me a LONG time, especially if I have a couple of other games to spread my limited gaming time around with

Avatar image for jasonredemption
jasonredemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By jasonredemption
Member since 2010 • 691 Posts

@arcangelgold said:

Ps4 so far has NOT impressed me with it's game collection. First most of the games are either zombie or fps games. Almost all are in 1st person BOOOOO! I want to see my character. The character graphics of most of the games are ridiculously low quality. There are too many sequels and not enough original titles. Almost no kids games as usual. The only game I am excited about is Resident Evil remake re-mastered. No surprise I have to look to an old game for survival horror since Sony hasn't made anything else worth a crap for PS3 or 4 in a long time.

Once again, Fatal Frame is held hostage by Nintendo. Where are the rpg games? Like the tradition ones, other than FF? games like Chrono Cross, Grandia etc? I'm getting to the point I'd rather have a WII U except I can't stand the Wi remote at all. It sucks.

Hi troll, the system wars forum is for people like you. If you like complaining so much go find someone who cares.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

... The PS3 has many many many games....

Which begs the question... why did you really buy the PS4 ?

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

How anyone can say the PS4 doesn't have any games is beyond me, We've had the most launched games ever, a great diverse amount of games ever in the first year, I mean was you even around when the PS3 or 360 came out, We got a slimmed down version of Fifa where it was basically Vs and that was it, this time around we got a fully fledged entry, and we managed to get some of the best games of the end of last gen with updated visuals to play, which some of us missed knowing the PS4 was coming.

Anyone who says there hasn't been any games or that it's not impressed them have just been spoiled by the length of last gen, this is the real world, this is how it's always been, the first year is slower than the rest and it'll start to build up like anything, there has to be a starting point.

the PS3 when it was first released is a shell compared to the software that machine has now.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#12 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@arcangelgold said:

Wait what? It's mostly FPS and Zombie games? Have you actually gone through the library at all?

Transistor, Valiant Hearts, Tomb Raider, DC Universe Online, Need For Speed Rivals, Secret Ponchos, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Injustice Gods Among Us, Dust An Elysian Tale, Contrast, Little Big Planet, i can go on

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

@xantufrog said:
@pimphand_gamer said:
If everyone didn't sit there playing games for 12 hrs straight every night then you might not run out of titles you enjoy to play as often.

Seriously - how do people chew through games so quickly? I wish I had that kind of time to game, but I've got a job, pets, a wife, other interests... I LOVE the value proposition of games like DA:I, because they will last me a LONG time, especially if I have a couple of other games to spread my limited gaming time around with

I know a few guys in their early 20's...some still live at home lol. But they seriously sit up all night long with those online games. They go to work, come right home and sit there with food and drinks and just game and eat at the same time talking to retards on their headsets. Rooms are always a disaster as if they were still 8 years old. What a pathetic life it must be.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#14 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts
@arcangelgold said:

I really don't get post like this! If your not happy with the system, then sell it..... a win for you and a win for us,PERIOD, THE END!

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Sorry to hear. I got like 16 physical games and 10 or more indie games.

2015 is looking even better.

mgools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mgools
Member since 2005 • 1301 Posts

I don't get this thread. There are some great titles for the PS4 (and Xbox One). I have included rankings next to the game from gamerankings.com. Some exclusive, and some not.

AC IV (85), Shadows of Mordor (86), FIFA 15 (82), Madden 15 (82), MLB 14 (83), COD (84), BF4 (85), Last of Us (96), Dragon Age (90), Far Cry 4 (84), NBA 2K15 (81), Diablo III (91), inFamous: Second Son (81), Killzone Shadowfall (77), Destiny (77). Yes I included Destiny as it continues to sell well and is still rated the number 2 most popular game after Dragon Age.

Some great games on the the way (I hope). The Order, Dying Light, Uncharted 4, Battlefield Hardline, Evolve, FF Type-0, etc. One of the better list of game for the first year, and 2015 looks even better. Even the PS2 had a weaker list of first year games...IMO.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60695 Posts

Over 300 games and counting,

xCaZx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By xCaZx
Member since 2015 • 82 Posts

@arcangelgold said:

I agree, I am honestly a little let down by the game selection at this point. I feel like the game selection in general has been a bit lacking going all the way back to the PS3. Of course it had its share of solid games but it just doesn't feel like its up to par with the PS1 or PS2 era's.

There are PS4 games that come out from time to time that catch my attention. However, the majority of games that I have played on my PS4 I could have played on any other platform. At this point I am finding myself leaning more and more towards PC gaming, so many options and so many good deals I can play solid games for SO much cheaper. Heck, I just bought the witcher 2 the other day for $2.99. The main reason I am still glad that I have the PS4 is for the Sony exclusives that will come out with time.

Idk, maybe my opinion is a bit skewed too since I generally do not find much interest in Indie games, which we seem to be getting a heavy dose of with the PS4.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bezza2011

@xcazx said:

@arcangelgold said:

I agree, I am honestly a little let down by the game selection at this point. I feel like the game selection in general has been a bit lacking going all the way back to the PS3. Of course it had its share of solid games but it just doesn't feel like its up to par with the PS1 or PS2 era's.

There are PS4 games that come out from time to time that catch my attention. However, the majority of games that I have played on my PS4 I could have played on any other platform. At this point I am finding myself leaning more and more towards PC gaming, so many options and so many good deals I can play solid games for SO much cheaper. Heck, I just bought the witcher 2 the other day for $2.99. The main reason I am still glad that I have the PS4 is for the Sony exclusives that will come out with time.

Idk, maybe my opinion is a bit skewed too since I generally do not find much interest in Indie games, which we seem to be getting a heavy dose of with the PS4.

You sound as if the PS4 has been out for years, it's only just been over a year, of course there isn't going to be a huge selection, it's making you lean towards PC??? the fact the PC has been going for nearly 20years worth of games of course the library is going to be better, it's still early days for these consoles, this is how it is every console launch, it was the same for the PS1 and PS2.

xCaZx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 xCaZx

@bezza2011 said:

@xcazx said:

@arcangelgold said:

You sound as if the PS4 has been out for years, it's only just been over a year, of course there isn't going to be a huge selection, it's making you lean towards PC??? the fact the PC has been going for nearly 20years worth of games of course the library is going to be better, it's still early days for these consoles, this is how it is every console launch, it was the same for the PS1 and PS2.

As I stated in my post, I felt the same way about the PS3 not having a great library of games. Of course this is only my opinion and yours may differ from mine. I simply don't feel that the PS3 or PS4 (so far) era's have lived up to my expectations.

Also, myself leaning toward PC gaming has less to do with the gaming library and more to do with it being much more affordable than console gaming. There are huge sales on a very regular basis (at least once a month) where you can get major games for dirt cheap.Heck, even brand new games sometimes go on sale for 10-15% off. Sony has some games that released a year ago and still cost $60 at the store. The very least they could do would be to throw customers a bone in the digital store with more regular sales..not just the holiday ones.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 bezza2011

@xcazx said:

@bezza2011 said:

@xcazx said:

@arcangelgold said:

As I stated in my post, I felt the same way about the PS3 not having a great library of games. Of course this is only my opinion and yours may differ from mine. I simply don't feel that the PS3 or PS4 (so far) era's have lived up to my expectations.

Also, myself leaning toward PC gaming has less to do with the gaming library and more to do with it being much more affordable than console gaming. There are huge sales on a very regular basis (at least once a month) where you can get major games for dirt cheap.Heck, even brand new games sometimes go on sale for 10-15% off. Sony has some games that released a year ago and still cost $60 at the store. The very least they could do would be to throw customers a bone in the digital store with more regular sales..not just the holiday ones.

Agreed on the digital front but there is no way a game which came out a year ago still costs $60, that has to do with the store, I've bought games just this month of games which only came out 2/3 months ago at half the price from a store.

I wouldn't say PC is that much cheaper when you have to put up a huge amount to begin with and I game on PC as well the sales are good i'll admit that but to get a worth while PC you need to spend big, for people who want to plug in and play I feel the PS4 has a good amount of games to keep people interest.

I think the consoles are just growing with the market, and in the PS2 days it was pretty easy to get a game out in a few months, todays games seem to take years, I mean watchdogs even tho it's a shambles of a game was in development for near 5years that's crazy.

I think PS4 will have the filler games PS2 had in it's indie seen, which wasn't really there in the PS3 era.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

it sounds like you are into JRPG. The majority of JRPGs will most likely be on handhelds. Your expectations for JRPGs on a new console are not real at all. There are plenty of non shooter zombie games on PS4. You have games like, Knack, Infamous, Velocity Ultra 2X, Guilty Gear Xrd Sign, The Binding of Isaac, Resogun, Pixeljunk Shooter, Octodad, Driveclub, Dragon Age, Little Big Planet 3, Transistor, and The Swapper. There are more games coming out like Mortal Kombat X, Street Fighter 5, Bloodborne, No Man's Sky, Tekken 7, Wild, The Children of Tomorrow, Hot Shots Golf 7, Uncharted 4, Media Molecule's PS4 game, Tearaway, and more.

The only people that complain about systems having no games are those who only play one genre. I would broaden my horizons and play the games that are out. You might be surprised at what you might find.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#23  Edited By ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

Nah braw, you just buying the wrong games.

1) Lords of the Fallen, 2) Dragon Age Inqusition, 3) Rogue Legacy, 4) Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition, 5) Guilty Gear Xrd, 6) Shadow of Mordor, 7) Diablo Ultimate Evil Edition, 8) Infamous Second Son, 9) Snipe Elite 3, 10) Dust and Elysian Tail, 11) Little Big Planet 3, 12) Injustice GAU, 13) Metal Gear Solid 5, 14) Resogun 15) The Last of Us Remastered, 16) Watch Dogs

- So there are 16 pretty great games available on the ps4, and all of them are not FPS. I'm sure there are plenty more I haven't listed.

And here are the FPS that I personally found worth the money on ps4 - Shadow Warrior, Wolfenstien, Metro Redux 2033 and Last Light and Far Cry 4 (although not nearly as good as #3)

D3dr0_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 232

#24 D3dr0_0
Member since 2008 • 3530 Posts

Only console with games I actually want right now is the Wii U, but it's been out for 2 years so of course it has games. I'm pretty sure the PS4 will pick up in games soon and to tell you the truth it's doing a lot better than PS3 1st year.

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

im lacking in money so it all works out

VegasAceVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By VegasAceVII
Member since 2006 • 404 Posts

I'm having a great time with my Ps4 and own well over 30 games for it already. Sure the REMASTERS are getting a bit silly but I don't blame the developers or publishers for wanting their game to be played by as many as possible.

This must be your first early adopted console. You're not going to be getting AAA titles every couple weeks.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 xantufrog  Moderator

@i-rock-socks said:

im lacking in money so it all works out

lol, Amen

HawkDecibel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 HawkDecibel
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

The games are about to start flowing to the PS4, it is why I have waited.

arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#29 arcangelgold
Member since 2012 • 342 Posts

First off, I check the PSN store quite often and all I see are sequels to games I never liked to start with, or indie games that look like ps one games (quality wise), fps, or zombie. Don't get me wrong I love my Resident Evil. I enjoyed the remake of 1 and The first episode of Revelations 2, ( which I did not pay for) however this irritating episode and buy each piece of your game is just another reason not to buy games anymore. I was given the ps4 as a gift, I did NOT buy it. Again there are very few if any kids games. As far as certain titles go I already have those on ps3 such as Tomb Raider, BL Pre-Sequel and The Last of Us.

As far as trolling, I don't think that it's trolling to make an opinion of something. For those who "don't understand posts like these." Well if you don't understand me having a discussion about the ps4 in the ps forum then all I can say is ugh. I am absolutely not in a coma lol, I have been around for the Atari, Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Game Cube, Wii, Playstation 1-4, Dreamcast, Sega, Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn, and on and on. I never said there "were no games." I said there were no games I wanted to play. Thanks guys though for the heads up on the WII U's game pad we have decided to buy one. Oh and for the record I am not dude, man, or bro I am a girl ;)

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Jaysonguy

@arcangelgold said:
Thanks guys though for the heads up on the WII U's game pad we have decided to buy one.

Oh I get it, so you're a casual that doesn't like games, you should have said that in your opening post.

yixingtpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 yixingtpot
Member since 2005 • 1484 Posts

there aren't many good console games anymore, Microsoft pushed everything to short attention span, twitch FPS garbage... just shooting, dying, respawning, shooting, dying respawning etc. Only a brain dead moron could by more than 1 or 2 FPS or third person shooters in their lifetime. It's all the same game over and over again with slightly different level design.

The Wii U gamepad is the worst controller ever made, it makes games feel like driving a minivan. Fatal Frame better come to the US market, until Xenoblade Chronicles X my Wii U will continue to collect dust.

Hopefully the fact that Revelations 2 is released on PS4 first regarding digital content means that RE7 will be developed for PS4 as the lead platform instead of what happened with RE6 being dumbed down to Xbroke DVD level poop. At least M$ was forced to jump onto the Blu-ray format they tried so hard to destroy with bribes, so the games can't be dumbed down as much this generation... maybe Capcom will fill up an entire 25GB Blu-ray disc! wow won't that be something compared to pooping out a 4.6GB RE6 crapper again? Same goes for SquarEnix, they can't be bribed so hard this time to make a non-world map DVD Xbroke crapper anymore.

If M$ hadn't destroyed console gaming with their monopoly grab, PC/Xbroke console etc, we'd still be getting a great variety of console games. Nintendo will have their stable of branded games, nothing new aside from nabbing Fatal Frame, everything else is business as usual. PS4 needs to dominate so we can get great console games again. Microsoft needs to be put out of the console gaming business once and for all. Do people really want M$ to control PC gaming AND console gaming? it's stupid to support such and obvious monopolizing attempt by the scum at M$.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Jaysonguy

@yixingtpot said:

there aren't many good console games anymore, Microsoft pushed everything to short attention span, twitch FPS garbage... just shooting, dying, respawning, shooting, dying respawning etc. Only a brain dead moron could by more than 1 or 2 FPS or third person shooters in their lifetime. It's all the same game over and over again with slightly different level design.

The Wii U gamepad is the worst controller ever made, it makes games feel like driving a minivan. Fatal Frame better come to the US market, until Xenoblade Chronicles X my Wii U will continue to collect dust.

Hopefully the fact that Revelations 2 is released on PS4 first regarding digital content means that RE7 will be developed for PS4 as the lead platform instead of what happened with RE6 being dumbed down to Xbroke DVD level poop. At least M$ was forced to jump onto the Blu-ray format they tried so hard to destroy with bribes, so the games can't be dumbed down as much this generation... maybe Capcom will fill up an entire 25GB Blu-ray disc! wow won't that be something compared to pooping out a 4.6GB RE6 crapper again? Same goes for SquarEnix, they can't be bribed so hard this time to make a non-world map DVD Xbroke crapper anymore.

If M$ hadn't destroyed console gaming with their monopoly grab, PC/Xbroke console etc, we'd still be getting a great variety of console games. Nintendo will have their stable of branded games, nothing new aside from nabbing Fatal Frame, everything else is business as usual. PS4 needs to dominate so we can get great console games again. Microsoft needs to be put out of the console gaming business once and for all. Do people really want M$ to control PC gaming AND console gaming? it's stupid to support such and obvious monopolizing attempt by the scum at M$.

Wow, a whole lot of awful opinions there that are disputed by fact

Now I want to see you try to explain how 2+2=5 and.......go!

monson21502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 monson21502
Member since 2009 • 8230 Posts

@bezza2011: I remember buying a ps3 in 07 .only good games were warhawk , eye of judgement and motorstom and RFOM

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator

oh man, make it stop :-P

I spent a long weekend gaming on my PC and my PS4. It was a blast. If others can't find anything fun to play any more... google?

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 slim70
Member since 2005 • 768 Posts

@yixingtpot said:

Yeah that's it blame MS for all the shitty PS4 games! Shut up.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 bezza2011

@monson21502: Yep I got the PS3 launch day and there was maybe 1 or 2 games to play and that was it the rest were awful it took a good few years before games started to show the power of what a PS3 could do.

also this gen has been a real strange one with so many cross platform games, never have I seen so many, plus people keep moaning about leaving behind the PS3/360 in my eyes that needs to happen there nearly 10 years old, why is anyone still bothered we should of moved on years ago in my eyes, I don't believe the PS4 is the biggest upgrade and feel it may of come a couple of years before, but still there is enough evidence in the games we've got at least glances of what we could get if developers went full next gen instead of living in the past and using resources for them developments instead of going full steam ahead with current gen, esp when the PS4 has sold over 20m units, it's crazy to think were still getting games coming out which are on PS3

kzebski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 kzebski
Member since 2010 • 42 Posts

AAA games cost too much money and developers are playing it safe. This means less games, more ads, and a bigger loss when a game like The Order turns out to be sub-par. It's totally unfortunate.

Santesyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#38 Santesyu
Member since 2008 • 4451 Posts

this gen so far has been dissapointing I do agree but on the flip side there is....there is... ;/

xCaZx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By xCaZx

@arcangelgold said:

First off, I check the PSN store quite often and all I see are sequels to games I never liked to start with, or indie games that look like ps one games (quality wise), fps, or zombie. Don't get me wrong I love my Resident Evil. I enjoyed the remake of 1 and The first episode of Revelations 2, ( which I did not pay for) however this irritating episode and buy each piece of your game is just another reason not to buy games anymore. I was given the ps4 as a gift, I did NOT buy it. Again there are very few if any kids games. As far as certain titles go I already have those on ps3 such as Tomb Raider, BL Pre-Sequel and The Last of Us.

As far as trolling, I don't think that it's trolling to make an opinion of something. For those who "don't understand posts like these." Well if you don't understand me having a discussion about the ps4 in the ps forum then all I can say is ugh. I am absolutely not in a coma lol, I have been around for the Atari, Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Game Cube, Wii, Playstation 1-4, Dreamcast, Sega, Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn, and on and on. I never said there "were no games." I said there were no games I wanted to play. Thanks guys though for the heads up on the WII U's game pad we have decided to buy one. Oh and for the record I am not dude, man, or bro I am a girl ;)

I have came to the conclusion that the majority of forum posters in this section refuse to participate in any discussions that bring up anything negative about Playstation or its game library. Instead they just attack you with insults and troll comments.

I have been a Playstation fan from the beginning and still am...but even I can admit that the game library is seriously lacking at this point. I know its still early, but that doesn't mean it isn't a legitimate complaint.

I cannot say that I would recommend people to buy a PS4 at this point and time because there simply isn't much to play on it. A year or two down the road it should be better..but right now not so much.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#40 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@kzebski said:

AAA games cost too much money and developers are playing it safe. This means less games, more ads, and a bigger loss when a game like The Order turns out to be sub-par. It's totally unfortunate.

Pretty much this

TRPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TRPG
Member since 2015 • 271 Posts

Then use Listal and Metacritic to find recent games.

GhostHawk196

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42  Edited By GhostHawk196
Member since 2012 • 1337 Posts

I do regret getting my PS4 within the first 6 months of release, reason being I have thoroughly enjoyed the following games:

Killzone ShadowFall

Infamous Second Son & First Light

The Order 1886

The Last of Us Remastered

Bloodborne

Heaps of multiplatform games

The Xbox One is a different story...

Iambattlecry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Iambattlecry
Member since 2013 • 211 Posts

@Jaysonguy: Although Im late as hell, hahaha but you were right. the low quality graphics comment got me, lol.

@GhostHawk: XBox One should be more regrettable, no new games. Since Sunset Overdrive Oct.2014, finally and exclusive was release Forza 6 last month a sequel.

So 1 remaster 2 sequel and a timed exclusive. Microsoft haven't done nothing new since last year. XBox One is a different story 27-30 games releaserelease for 2015 only 2 are 1st party sequels(Halo 5/Forza 6) and 1 3rd party exclusive(RiseOfTheTombRaider). The XBone had nothing to offer this year, unless you're a Gears, Halo, Forza or Tomb Fan. Other than that my XBox One will be waiting on 2016 for new titles, unlike my PS4. I applaud Sony for being aggressive with Western, Eastern and Indie gms. I'm very disappointed in Microsoft for not delivery anything new this year. Just a few sequels at the end of the year for established franchises.

Iambattlecry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Iambattlecry

@slim70: My Xbox One waiting on 2016 Recore, Scalebound, Quantum Break. My PS4 have no such problem, lol. No new 1st party exclusives for Microsoft or 3rd party exclusives at all this year for the XBox One. Just sequels for old franchises, lol.

Iambattlecry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Iambattlecry

@arcangelgold: Can't say that that about the PS4 anymore, it's the only console. That's pumping out more Western/Eastern 1st party/3rd party exclusives and Indies, consistently.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#46 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I have no regrets buying a PS4

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@sukraj said:

I have no regrets buying a PS4

This is an extreme thread necro by "Iambattlecry", lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-58bd60b980002
deactivated-58bd60b980002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 1

#48 deactivated-58bd60b980002
Member since 2004 • 2016 Posts

@xantufrog: It is my case too and I don't get it ... I bet a lot of people just play a little got bored and need something new and so never beat a game

Avatar image for deactivated-593f0dd1837f9
deactivated-593f0dd1837f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-593f0dd1837f9
Member since 2014 • 93 Posts

I've had no regrets on getting a PS4 over an Xbox One, i knew when i had the console in November 2013 that there would be a drought for a while. However, in the nearly 2 years since launch i've played (and not limited to)

Infamous: Second Son

The Last of Us

Bloodborne

Driveclub

The Order 1886

Also, there have been many multiplatform games as well. And, if it wasn't for PS+, i wouldn't have even considered the countless indie games like Valient Hearts, Trine 2, Contrast, Resogun, Stick it to the Man etc.

jpcc86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jpcc86
Member since 2006 • 159 Posts

This topic is from 8 months ago, when I could understand that "lack of games" was a problem not just for the PS4 but for the XBOXone as well. Don't think the author feels the way right now, or at least shouldn't.