This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Skinon (86 posts) -

What the?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-Playstation-4-Orbis-demo-dev-kit-next-gen-/230933108111?pt=Video_Games&hash=item35c4af958f

#2 Posted by GTR12 (9656 posts) -

Im sooo buying that right now.

#3 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
looks legit.
#4 Posted by DaRq_MiNoS (566 posts) -

GTR12

You'll have the FBI at your door like that guy in Australia with the XBox dev kit.

#5 Posted by ScreamDream (3953 posts) -

looks legit.campzor
Yep it does.

#6 Posted by BH14 (1717 posts) -

What the?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-Playstation-4-Orbis-demo-dev-kit-next-gen-/230933108111?pt=Video_Games&hash=item35c4af958f

Skinon

The PS4 does everything. It is even an air dehumidifier.

#7 Posted by clr84651 (5486 posts) -

It's probably a dev kit that someone got their hands on, but it's not the final version and I wouldn't trust it. 

#8 Posted by clr84651 (5486 posts) -

If that is really the way the PS4 looks. MS is done for. 

#9 Posted by Jackc8 (8500 posts) -

You can just look at how pretty it is for 9 months until they start releasing games for it.

#10 Posted by JustSignedUp (1148 posts) -

clr84651
really? you think the shell of a console determines who wins? what are you 12 years old?
#11 Posted by JustSignedUp (1148 posts) -
this is obviously not what the ps4 will look like. its gonna be slim right off the bat, big and clunky gadgets are so 2006, kids.
#12 Posted by DaRq_MiNoS (566 posts) -

this is obviously not what the ps4 will look like. its gonna be slim right off the bat, big and clunky gadgets are so 2006, kids.JustSignedUp

I would prefer big and clunky and well-ventilated over slim and sexy and fried within a year or two.

#13 Posted by HoVDaHuSTLa1 (1206 posts) -

Looks promising. After the DS4 leaks, I'm convinced the final product will look very simliar to the prototypes. Even if this is only a Dev Kit, it looks promising.

#14 Posted by idunnodude (2282 posts) -

i wouldn't be too sure. although i don't think that's a real ps4, they might still release a fat one. since with every gen they always release the slim version later on.

#15 Posted by worlock77 (22547 posts) -

The dev kit is probably a lot less sexy than that. Looks like someone's trying to pull a fast one on some gullable son of a b*tch who has too much money and too little sense.

#16 Posted by GTR12 (9656 posts) -

[QUOTE="GTR12"]

DaRq_MiNoS

You'll have the FBI at your door like that guy in Australia with the XBox dev kit.

I'm from Australia... ;)

#17 Posted by mariokart64fan (19522 posts) -

[QUOTE="GTR12"]

DaRq_MiNoS

i bet he doesnt have 10,101   

#18 Posted by Geminon (1095 posts) -

clr84651
oh yeah, because how a console looks totally determines sales *rolls eyes* fanboys are hilarious.
#19 Posted by DaRq_MiNoS (566 posts) -

[QUOTE="clr84651"]

Geminon

oh yeah, because how a console looks totally determines sales *rolls eyes* fanboys are hilarious.

Naw, because Sony has a gazillion awesome exclusives and XBox will only have "Gears of War" determines that PS4 is gonna whoop XBox 720's butt next gen. Add the fact that XBox has to be online and PS4 doesn't, and PS4 is going to have a killer online network... it ain't gonna be pretty. XBox is a joke, and always has been unless you're one of those teenagers that loves COD. I prefer cool games.

#20 Posted by Skinon (86 posts) -

Would love it to look like that... If you had a spare (really spare) 10g, would you buy it?

#21 Posted by clr84651 (5486 posts) -

[QUOTE="clr84651"]

JustSignedUp

really? you think the shell of a console determines who wins? what are you 12 years old?

Skrew U!

#22 Posted by judahstarguy (261 posts) -
That is the coolest looking piece of tech I have ever laid my eyes upon.
#23 Posted by judahstarguy (261 posts) -

Kinda looks like pieces of the space shuttle lol

#24 Posted by NamelessJay (3082 posts) -

I sure do like the look of that!

#25 Posted by judahstarguy (261 posts) -
I think it's designed to withstand reentry into earth's atmosphere....
#26 Posted by fgjnfgh (2630 posts) -

I contacted this seller I told him "your orpis doesn't come with camera nor the bar does it?" and this is what he replied "Alas. The kit consists of a console and gamepad dualshock 4"

well I hope you enjoy your +$10,000 you stupid russian

#27 Posted by Imatyta (20 posts) -
Legit? Really? Common LOL! It looks cool, but this is just some generated picture in 3DMax...
#28 Posted by DeadlyHabits87 (14 posts) -

[QUOTE="JustSignedUp"][QUOTE="clr84651"]

clr84651

Skrew U!

Lol! Read that in the voice of Roman Bellic.

OT: The seller is just a nasty troll. That's all folks!

#29 Posted by Venom_Raptor (6958 posts) -

Probably fake. You'd be dumb to put a bid in for it. 1) because it isn't worth the money and you won't be able to play anything anyway, and 2) you'll likely get put in jail. In conclusion, not worth it.

#30 Posted by Geminon (1095 posts) -

[QUOTE="Geminon"][QUOTE="clr84651"]

DaRq_MiNoS

Naw, because Sony has a gazillion awesome exclusives and XBox will only have "Gears of War" determines that PS4 is gonna whoop XBox 720's butt next gen. Add the fact that XBox has to be online and PS4 doesn't, and PS4 is going to have a killer online network... it ain't gonna be pretty. XBox is a joke, and always has been unless you're one of those teenagers that loves COD. I prefer cool games.

thats just like.... your opinion man. oh and its wrong. sorry.
#31 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

Hope he enjoys sodomy. He can share a cell with SuperDAE...

#32 Posted by Gxgear (10425 posts) -

I like how the seller posted 2 known shots of the controller to make his auction seem less fake.

#33 Posted by yonnex (1265 posts) -

If it is real it wont be a person who buys it. More like competitor company who will pull it apart and see how it ticks and whats inside etc 

So this will end up going for alot 

#34 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18414 posts) -
ROFL 54 bids? Are people really THAT stupid to believe this is real?
#35 Posted by MarcRecon (5840 posts) -

[QUOTE="campzor"]looks legit.ScreamDream

Yep it does.

Yep......right along with being able to play bluray disc on the 360....

#36 Posted by MarcRecon (5840 posts) -

Probably fake. You'd be dumb to put a bid in for it. 1) because it isn't worth the money and you won't be able to play anything anyway, and 2) you'll likely get put in jail. In conclusion, not worth it.

Venom_Raptor

I dis-agree @Venom_Vaptor ......Sony WON'T put them jail....the will be buried underneath it!! lol

#37 Posted by JustPlainLucas (74168 posts) -
See, even if it's real, it can't look like that because consoles need to be designed to fit into entertainment centers. That swooping base would only prove to be an obstacle when trying to rest the system flat.
#38 Posted by beatrev791 (12 posts) -
Mine just came in, I'm stoked to boot it up. Oh no, there's a fire in my house **** the feds are here...